I really hope Mitch Morse retires.

17 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Is there video of the play? They didn't show the re play during the game. Just curious to see it

I recorded it on my phone but it's too large to attach.  As I said, a Cheaters player hit Morse helmet to helmet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

How long did it take him to be cleared last time?  It felt like absolutely forever.  While it would hurt the Bills if he were to hang em up at this point he needs to think about the next 50 years of his life.  Thankfully mongo came back and can fill in at center for us.

Last time it was the off-season and it was pretty clear (to me) that the Bills were just stashing him until the beginning of the season. He was at the final stage of the protocol for like weeks.

No use in speculating. He might be back tomorrow or it might be the rest of the year. But he didn't seem too hurt on the field, at least.

39 minutes ago, Muppy said:

the lack of replays during this game was super frustrating. Several penalty calls weren't replayed and also Diggs was begging for a PI call that never was shown nor called either.

They were to busy showing stats about how many times the Patriots beat Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

With concussions you never know. He might fully OK 3 days from now... or 3 months from now. Depends not only in his own history,. but what kind of hit, what is affected, etc. It seems "rotational hits" often cause more severe ones. We'll see.

Of course it ain't good news in any shape or form, but we can't compare to the past. In other eras - and not that far away - he would have just gone out a few plays "to shake the cobwebs off" and gone back in. That's where those old players who suffer probably aggravated their situations. We thankfully know a lot more now.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

I recorded it on my phone but it's too large to attach.  As I said, a Cheaters player hit Morse helmet to helmet.

Since it came on the first offensive play, my immediate thought was that that might have been scripted by Belichick. 

I'm not making a claim, just stating what my mind went to.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

Since it came on the first offensive play, my immediate thought was that that might have been scripted by Belichick. 

I'm not making a claim, just stating what my mind went to.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

We know more about concussions now, and what know is that like any injury a concussion takes time to heal. Mitch likely is going to need at least a month to heal his head. I wouldn't be shocked if he decides to, hang it up after 2020. Maybe because of his contract he tries to play one more year. 

Hoping just for his health this is a "mild" concussion and they put him on the bench for a few weeks and he is good to go. 

At least a month to heal?  What are you basing this on?

2 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

How long did it take him to be cleared last time?  It felt like absolutely forever.  While it would hurt the Bills if he were to hang em up at this point he needs to think about the next 50 years of his life.  Thankfully mongo came back and can fill in at center for us.

His last concussion with the Bills was in the  preseason and they just kept him out until week 1.  Conveniently he remained in the protocol until the Wednesday before week 1.

9 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I honestly don't think they showed one.  I do remember Allen waving trainers over immediately so there must have been some ugly impact.

It was difficult to see a lot on the CBS broadcast. One of the worst ever. Minimal repays. Not showing the plays on called penalties or possible questionable calls like sideline plays and catches. Did CBS sign up for the super economy package with less cameras or something?  Does the number of cameras covering a game vary just like the quality of the broadcast crew covering the game, depending on how important the network feels the game is to the  nationwide audience? Felt like I was watching the game through a slit in the fence from such poor game coverage.

Edited by simpleman
  • Like (+1) 1

As someone whose own father has difficulties in his early 60s attributed to sports related concussions and a lifetime of heading soccer balls I sincerely advise Mitch to think very long and very hard about what is best for him and his family. I will leave it at that.

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Muppy said:

the lack of replays during this game was super frustrating. Several penalty calls weren't replayed and also Diggs was begging for a PI call that never was shown nor called either.

THANK YOU for this post! I was immediately convinced Diggs was interfered with on the pick as I saw the DB slam his hand into Diggs shoulder with the ball leaving Allen’s hand. It forced Diggs to alter his route too late. He’s stated it was his ‘fault’ for heading the wrong way, but he was forced to. No flag, no replay, no challenge. 

Edit; well they did re-spot the ball back near the 50 after the tv TO. Not sure if replay called this or another ref saw it.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It's Mitch's 5th concussion (that we know of).  I'll never forget reading about the last few years of legendary Steeler C Mike Webster's life and it's a fate that no person should go through.  Maybe at this point it will barely make a difference but who knows if walking away right now will be the difference between Mitch living until he's 50 and living until he's 70.

I agree with you.  There's more to life than football.  He's made enough money to be able to retire and live comfortably .. and he should.

12 hours ago, JohnNord said:

At least a month to heal?  What are you basing this on?

Basing it on his history of concussions and the fact that the team likely would want to be extra cautious with him. Considering the timing of the bye week sitting Mitch out the next two weeks would give him nearly a month while only missing 2 games. Now granted this is without knowing the severity of the concussion. A mild concussion might only require a week off? I also am basing this off of the concussion he got last year in camp where they seemed to shut him down for a month. 

Edited by billsfan89

I will say this, if the Bills go into this draft coming up and do not target a young Center or get another young center in UFA, it is Criminal.  The 5th concussion has to get the Bills thinking about life after Morse (as there was talk about him retiring in KC as well, now his 5th I am sure has him and his family discussing it again).

And they have an easy out after this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mitch-morse-16773/#:~:text=Mitch Morse signed a 4,average annual salary of %2411%2C125%2C000.

Edited by MAJBobby