I really hope Mitch Morse retires.

I think he tries to get through this season and has a serious discussion with his doctors and family about this very thing. Whatever he chooses, I don't have any ill will towards him whatsoever. 

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

How long did it take him to be cleared last time?  It felt like absolutely forever.  While it would hurt the Bills if he were to hang em up at this point he needs to think about the next 50 years of his life.  Thankfully mongo came back and can fill in at center for us.

Obviously we all hope he recovers and is ok....but, if I’m honest, Morse being out might be a blessing in disguise for the team, as it appears our backups might be better run blockers and more stout at the point of attack...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

No. We need him. He will be fine.

He clearly isn't. Last year he got one before they really even got to contact. There is something about him that makes him get concussions at a higher level, and he is really putting his long term health at risk. 

42 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It's Mitch's 5th concussion (that we know of).  I'll never forget reading about the last few years of legendary Steeler C Mike Webster's life and it's a fate that no person should go through.  Maybe at this point it will barely make a difference but who knows if walking away right now will be the difference between Mitch living until he's 50 and living until he's 70.

I understand where you are coming from, but think the title is a bit harsh.  I hope Morse is healthy and makes decisions that are best for him and his family. 

I immediately thought about the potential of his retirement once I heard it was a potential concussion, knowing his history 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

His concussions history was a risk the Bills factored when they signed him. And 8 games into the season he gets a concussion.  It's certainly not good. We don't know the severity but due to his history its totally concerning. I really hope it is mild and he recovers quickly for football and real life reasons.

Just now, Virgil said:

I understand where you are coming from, but think the title is a bit harsh.  I hope Morse is healthy and makes decisions that are best for him and his family. 

I immediately thought about the potential of his retirement once I heard it was a potential concussion, knowing his history 

I see what you mean.  I just remembered his long journey back from the last one and I see him as being more susceptible to long-term harm from CTE.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

4 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Did not see the replay what exactly happened?

the lack of replays during this game was super frustrating. Several penalty calls weren't replayed and also Diggs was begging for a PI call that never was shown nor called either.

• Like (+1) 3

I don't get the negativity whatsoever. I hope Mitch Morse doesn't have concussion symptoms, is healthy next week and plays out his entire contract and retires as a Buffalo Bill and Super Bowl champion.

Let's at the very least wait and see what his symptoms are and what his recovery is like before wishing him an early end to his career. My god.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It's Mitch's 5th concussion (that we know of).  I'll never forget reading about the last few years of legendary Steeler C Mike Webster's life and it's a fate that no person should go through.  Maybe at this point it will barely make a difference but who knows if walking away right now will be the difference between Mitch living until he's 50 and living until he's 70.

great point. I forgot that concussions are a big part of his career... wow.. interesting situation... 

Should look into fish oil or a diet high in fatty fish... flaxseeds, hemp seeds, walnuts etc..

Whether he hangs em up... I don’t know... Nobody but Mitch knows how severe these concussions are.. I had one concussion, a very bad one at that and I gave up football immediately after.. That one did some damage... it’s pretty scary when it happens.. Ears ringing, dizzy, completely confused.. You wonder if you’ll come back from it.. but good God I hope he comes back with a full speedy recovery.