Beane's construction of this roster

15 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Beane is doing great.  Some of his picks, like Ford and Edmunds and even Allen,  are still developing.  Are you really going to criticize 4
th and 5th round picks (Knox and Joseph)?   

He has consistently upgraded the talent with free agents while not overpaying.  None of the players you mention put us in cap trouble and all of them have contributed.   

He has not been perfect but he has built an exciting team, a competitive team, and a culture of winning. Players want to play here.   Do you want to bring back Whaley, Nix, Brandon,  Levy, Modrak and Donahoe?     I sure don’t.  

I'm always comparing our progress to teams that are currently competitive to win the Super Bowl, and it seems like we could become stuck in the "we're a play-off team with limiting flaws"

I agree that Beane is better than previous regimes, top to bottom, and heck, by Buffalo standards, he might be great... however, I want us to make the next jump and I'm skeptical regarding his ability to get us there. 

23 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

I'll join the "pile on" party this evening...

Overall, Beane's drafting and FA handling are starting to show cracks... probable misses on high picks like Ford, Edmunds, Phillips, Joseph, maybe Knox. 

This has always been a 4 year rebuild, these guys are going to grow into solid pieces of the core (except joseph)

well Beane diid get them out of cap hell but at the cost of dealing some good players  However I'm leery of a lot of his recent FA signings  Starter money given out to some subpar lbers isnt helping his cause. The recent early picks have been meh.  Honestly he's trending in the wrong direction

23 minutes ago, Process said:

Edmunds and Oliver were big, costly misses

Two 1st round players, who were supposed to be cornerstones, are holding the team back by not living up to their draft status...fingers crossed they can become game changers...

34 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

I'll join the "pile on" party this evening...

Overall, Beane's drafting and FA handling are starting to show cracks... probable misses on high picks like Ford, Edmunds, Phillips, Joseph, maybe Knox.  Many good FA adds like Feliciano, Morse, Beasley, Brown; but several misses or marginal upgrades like Klein, potentially Norman, Spain, Murphy (jury's out on this year's crop - Butler, Addison).

Part of the results of the middle-of-the-pack GM performance is a linebacking group and dline that are bad, with terrible depth and few play makers/game changers on defense (other than Milano and Tre); and plays soft.  

Beane, by all accounts is a very bright and hard working GM, however, if I look closely at the roster and results, it's not as positive as I've been thinking for the last year plus.

Good lord, the hot takes are getting ripe around here. After a 17-year playoff drought, this regime has authored two playoff seasons in three years, is en route to a third playoff season in four years, has a 6-2 record, is atop the AFC East at the midway point of the season for the first time in over a decade (when Brady missed the season), just defeated the Patriots, and the team’s only two losses are to two of the top teams in the NFL this season. 

But you’re right, our backup linebacker sucks. 

25 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

His drafting has been horrible and for all the credit some folks gave him for cleaning up the previous regime's mess and he pretty much put them back into the same situation especially after what appears to be a very premature extension to Tre White.

He's certainly hit on some trades and FA signings but overall there's nothing impressive about what he's done and the insistence on focusing on the Carolina franchise will prove to be his downfall.

Yeah he's obviously on route to keep this team out of the playoffs for another ~20 years, anyone can see that.

38 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Enough of this negative talk here today. We’re going to the Super Bowl for sure after defeating the mighty Pats. Mark my words, we’re playing the Bucs in the Super Bowl. We’re going to take down Brady, and McD is going to body slam Gronk before taking the Lombardi Trophy. 

.....and then I woke up. Adorable dream....

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Two 1st round players, who were supposed to be cornerstones, are holding the team back by not living up to their draft status...fingers crossed they can become game changers...

I would like to see how well Oliver and Edumonds would perform if the defense adds a true one tech. Edumonds played a lot better last season once Star got it going and the team added Lugiet. Oliver is playing out of position at the one tech on freaking rushing downs.

This team needs to get a true one tech DT because the lack of one is making both players worse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I would like to see how well Oliver and Edumonds would perform if the defense adds a true one tech. Edumonds played a lot better last season once Star got it going and the team added Lugiet. Oliver is playing out of position at the one tech on freaking rushing downs.

This team needs to get a true one tech DT because the lack of one is making both players worse.

Did people miss all the pressure Oliver was bringing on Cam today? 

39 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Beane is doing great.  Some of his picks, like Ford and Edmunds and even Allen,  are still developing.  Are you really going to criticize 4
th and 5th round picks (Knox and Joseph)?   

He has consistently upgraded the talent with free agents while not overpaying.  None of the players you mention put us in cap trouble and all of them have contributed.   

He has not been perfect but he has built an exciting team, a competitive team, and a culture of winning. Players want to play here.   Do you want to bring back Whaley, Nix, Brandon,  Levy, Modrak and Donahoe?     I sure don’t.  

His drafting has been decent but cmon man

how can you say his FA pickups have been good? We have one of the worst front 7’s in the NFL right now. A front 7 almost entirely made up of Beanes players. Only guy that isn’t his is Hughes and he’s been the best player on defense this season 

46 minutes ago, All I Need is Hope said:

We're 6-2 because we've played mostly lousy teams.  We got pushed around by legitimate contenders, on both sides of the ball.

At some point, we need more talent on defense.

You're right, the Rams are just terrible, the Dolphins having a winning record is a complete fluke, and it's not like the Raiders beat the Chiefs this year....good take on the only have beaten terrible teams