Predict 2nd half of season

Doc Brown

22 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I said 7-9 after a similar exercise a few weeks ago but since we beat the Pats today we might go 8-8 since I thought this would be a loss.

Upcoming schedule is simply brutal and I thought the only possible win and game will be favored in is the Chargers but man does that team and QB look good today and wouldn't be surprised if they came into Buffalo and destroy this team.

You know what would surprise me for once if you would have said ANYTHING positive about this 

6-2 team that is on TOP of the AFC East !! 
But please don’t let me stop you cuz every time you run your mouth about how we will get blown out we keep winning so please continue, 

Here's how I called it back in August:

SEA: L

@ARI: W

LAC: W

@SF: L

PIT: L

@DEN: W

@NE: L

MIA: W

With the benefit of 8 weeks worth of hindsight, I feel less confident in beating Arizona, but more confident in beating SF and NE.  I'm going to stick with 4-4 to get us to 10-6, but 11-5 would not be surprising.

22 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I can’t see them beating Seattle, ARZ, SF, Pits, 

538 has us as basically a coin flip against both Seattle and Arizona.  

29 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I would like that. But that would mean they only win 3 vs NYJ, DEN, NE, CIN, LAV, LAC, AZ, KC. I think the NYJ, DEN, NE games are very winnable games for them. Then add in CIN and LAC as winnable. The KC, LAV and AZ games are the toughest. 

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think they beat the Jets and maybe Denver.  And that's it.  

I agree with @ngbills. There is a chance Miami backs their way into a playoff spot, flirting with a 9th or 10th win when they come to Buffalo. Fitz was playing well. Their defense has been solid. A lot will depend on Tua. He didn't even look very good against a pretty decent Rams team, and they found a way to win. If Tua can learn some stuff quickly or Fitz goes back in with a hot hand still, they could be talking about wins against NYJ, DEN, NE, CiN, and LAC.  If that happens, and the next few weeks go the way a lot of us are predicting for Buffalo, week 17 could be for the division. 

A lot of "if's" in there though. 

19 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

My second take on the 2nd half of the season 

The Bills will Win 

and people will still be bitchIng 

The Bills will Lose  

and people will be bitchIng even louder.  

I think there are several posters on here who will be quite pleased with themselves for every loss, and smugly proclaiming their superior football IQs.

• Like (+1) 1

Think the Steelers and Seahawks are guaranteed losses.. The Dolphins, Broncos and Patriots are guaranteed wins.. Everything else is 50/50.. 49ers and Chargers can go either way... Probably go 11-5.. win the division.. by the time we play New England their season will likely be over and at that point they’ll likely be tanking for a QB and will be in full rebuild mode..

41 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Think the Steelers and Seahawks are guaranteed losses.. The Dolphins, Broncos and Patriots are guaranteed wins.. Everything else is 50/50.. 49ers and Chargers can go either way... Probably go 11-5.. win the division.. by the time we play New England their season will likely be over and at that point they’ll likely be tanking for a QB and will be in full rebuild mode..

One thing I learned in the last 35 years watching sports is that nothing is guaranteed , 

I’m sure nobody thought that the Bengals would beat the Titans , 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Putin said:

One thing I learned in the last 35 years watching sports is that nothing is guaranteed , 

I’m sure nobody thought that the Bengals would beat the Titans , 

I understand what you’re saying.. but in my mind, that’s what I’m thinking.. This is kind of a wishy washy thread anyways.. I’m no guiltier than anyone else who posted their predictions here.. 

I don't know about going game by game because during McD's tenure the Bills usually play close games regardless of competition. And they win their fair share of them. Ugly or not, they win some. The KC game is a perfect example of that. Even though KC clearly outplayed the Bills, they were still in that game late, and a break or two their way...they win it.

I'm VERY concerned about this Defense. And I don't see a ton of improvement coming from that side of the ball the rest of the year. The Bills issues on Defense are, to a large part, personnel related...However...If they only improve on the 3rd and long situations, where they have been terrible all year, it will result in overall team improvement IMHO...

On the Offensive side I think it's a little more on Daboll. Most of the Bills issues on Offense so far are self inflicted. And it starts with the scheme and play calling...The talent is there. 2 plays yesterday showed how the Bills are clearly not taking advantage of their strengths enough, and those were the catch and runs by Diggs and Brown. The ball to Diggs was about 10 yards past the line...The pass to Brown was very close to the line of scrimmage. These are easy tosses for Josh that turned into BIG results. The Bills need more of that on Offense. I think the running game will continue to improve now that Mongo is back...

The other factor, like it or not, is that the Bills have REALLY suffered from the lack of the 12th Man at Home. Yes...It has exposed them a bit as being a rung below the real NFL contenders, because a real contender would not need the Home crowd as much. But this team would have already had much better "style-point" victories vs. the Rams, Jets, and Pats with a sold out crowd at Home and I have zero doubt about that...So if any of these Home games down the stretch are played in front of a crowd you will see the Bills elevate their game. 😎

For those high on Arizona 

https://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/33742/cardinals-have-66-9-chance-of-making-playoffs-but-easy-part-of-schedule-is-over

The Cardinals' strength-of-schedule for the seven games they have played was 28th. For the nine remaining games, which include four against their NFC West rivals (two against the Los Angeles Rams, and one each against the San Francisco 49ers and Seahawks), the schedule is the ninth most difficult.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

I understand what you’re saying.. but in my mind, that’s what I’m thinking.. This is kind of a wishy washy thread anyways.. I’m no guiltier than anyone else who posted their predictions here.. 

And you are probably right we might get a beating , 

Our  defense will have to have their best game of the season and that still may not be good enough , 

also on offense will have to score at least 35 points to win this game , 

Edited by Putin

On 11/1/2020 at 6:15 PM, Beast said:

The Bills are entering the meat grinder portion of their schedule.

I see a 3-5 finish for a 9-7 record and a division championship.

Seahawks- Loss

Cardinals- Loss

Chargers- Win

49ers- Loss

Steelers- Loss

Broncos- Win

Patriots- Loss

Dolphins- Win

I have to agree with that unless we bring in a few high caliber defensive players.

Seahawks-L, we lose a high scoring affair

AZ-W, we get our first upset

LAC-W, McD finally gets the D adjusted to getting mugged by OL

9ers-W, too banged up to keep up with our healthy team

Pitt-L, the we got out coached again, Allen is inaccurate and all the other stuff comes up again.  I don't even want to think about the score in this game.

Den-W, we win another close game

NE-W, to our frustration NE loses to us barely because we can't beat them they can only lose to us in overtime. WTH

Miami-canceled due to a mysterious rash of COVID cases.

11-4 with a first round bye in a 16 team playoff format.  The NFL is crooked when it comes protecting the shield.(more accurately filling the vault)

7 hours ago, Putin said:

You know what would surprise me for once if you would have said ANYTHING positive about this 

6-2 team that is on TOP of the AFC East !! 
But please don’t let me stop you cuz every time you run your mouth about how we will get blown out we keep winning so please continue, 

Just ignore the Ignorant Queen.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:14 PM, High Football IQ said:

I said 7-9 after a similar exercise a few weeks ago but since we beat the Pats today we might go 8-8 since I thought this would be a loss.

Upcoming schedule is simply brutal and I thought the only possible win and game will be favored in is the Chargers but man does that team and QB look good today and wouldn't be surprised if they came into Buffalo and destroy this team.

I wish I could find an emoji with a crooked mouth and drool just you my friend.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:40 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Lose to Seattle 

13-3

The Steelers would destroy Seattle and will destroy us unfortunately.

On 11/1/2020 at 5:48 PM, Doc Brown said:

There's a lot of pessimism after these two division wins following two discouraging losses. 

However, we're 6-2, 4-0 in the division, and have a clear path to host our first playoff home game since the Clinton administration.  What are your predictions for the rest of the season?  Here's mine.

Seattle - L - Offense will get back on track with a more favorable matchup without a monsoon.  Wilson is too much for this defense and we lose in a shootout Seahawks 41, Bills 31.

@Cardinals - W - Give me this offense against a suspect defense in a dome every time.  I see a similar game to the one we played in Vegas.  Bills 38, Cardinals 27.

Bye - We fricken need the bye as we'll be banged up the next couple of games.

Chargers - W - This is the game where we deliver an unexpected blowout.  We match up well against this team and we give the rookie QB fits.  Bills 34, Chargers 13.

@49ers - L - Not a good matchup for our defense with the 49er's dominating rushing scheme.  This one could get ugly  49ers 43, Bills 18.

Steelers - L - A much better effort but their defense does just enough to limit the Bills offense to under three TD's.  Steelers 28, Bills 20.

@Broncos - W - will be hearing we're a paper tiger by the national media all week.  Bills come out hungry and win.  Bills 27, Broncos 17

@Patriots - W - Our first prime time win of the year against a Patriots team that may be sellers at the deadline coming up.  Bills 24, Patriots 21

Dolphins - W - Josh Allen puts up 400 plus yards again and we secure the #3 seed in the playoffs with a revenge home game against the covid Titans in the playoffs.  Bills, 42, Fins 24

We finish 11-5 and host the Titans as the Colts take that division.

Doc, not bad although it’s possible we lose to AZ, and beat SF.  You can’t tell with that team.  I agree 100% 11-5 makes a great deal of sense to me, we win the East, and are the third seed ahead of the South.  TN has been just barely winning except our game, but we gave the, short fields.  That would mean we might host Indy or Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Doc, not bad although it’s possible we lose to AZ, and beat SF.  You can’t tell with that team.  I agree 100% 11-5 makes a great deal of sense to me, we win the East, and are the third seed ahead of the South.  TN has been just barely winning except our game, but we gave the, short fields.  That would mean we might host Indy or Vegas.

I'm starting to think that too.  I wrote that post before the 49ers Seahawks game.  I didn't think the Seahawks would blow them out and had no idea SF would become crippled with Jimmy G and Kittle going down with injuries.  It's pry more likely that we lose to AZ and beat SF than the other way around.  I also started thinking about all the possible injuries that could accumulate before going to AZ.  I'm not sold on the Cardinals though and think we're at least even with them talent wise on both sides of the ball.  If our defense starts playing better then we will have the advantage.  I could even make the bullish 12-4 case.  Who knows though as the outlook changes from week to week.

• Like (+1) 1