Predict 2nd half of season

Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean there were people pessimistic about every game this year.  There are always those few.

The sentiment for a lot seems to be that both the Cardinals and 49ers games are going to be losses. I don't know why that's the case. I look at those games as toss ups I think they win one and lose the other. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

The sentiment for a lot seems to be that both the Cardinals and 49ers games are going to be losses. I don't know why that's the case. I look at those games as toss ups I think they win one and lose the other. 

I believe they are toss ups as well.  SF has a lot of injuries.  Jimmy G for all the hype is a game manager.  They do have a good run game though.  Arizona is good but I don't think they are any better than us.  I think both of those teams are on our tier.  

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's a lot of pessimism after these two division wins following two discouraging losses. 

However, we're 6-2, 4-0 in the division, and have a clear path to host our first playoff home game since the Clinton administration.  What are your predictions for the rest of the season?  Here's mine.

Seattle - L - Offense will get back on track with a more favorable matchup without a monsoon.  Wilson is too much for this defense and we lose in a shootout Seahawks 41, Bills 31.

@Cardinals - W - Give me this offense against a suspect defense in a dome every time.  I see a similar game to the one we played in Vegas.  Bills 38, Cardinals 27.

Bye - We fricken need the bye as we'll be banged up the next couple of games.

Chargers - W - This is the game where we deliver an unexpected blowout.  We match up well against this team and we give the rookie QB fits.  Bills 34, Chargers 13.

@49ers - L - Not a good matchup for our defense with the 49er's dominating rushing scheme.  This one could get ugly  49ers 43, Bills 18.

Steelers - L - A much better effort but their defense does just enough to limit the Bills offense to under three TD's.  Steelers 28, Bills 20.

@Broncos - W - will be hearing we're a paper tiger by the national media all week.  Bills come out hungry and win.  Bills 27, Broncos 17

@Patriots - W - Our first prime time win of the year against a Patriots team that may be sellers at the deadline coming up.  Bills 24, Patriots 21

Dolphins - W - Josh Allen puts up 400 plus yards again and we secure the #3 seed in the playoffs with a revenge home game against the covid Titans in the playoffs.  Bills, 42, Fins 24

We finish 11-5 and host the Titans as the Colts take that division.

Im with you in all those picks except NE.  Gotta spot them at least 7 for cheats and phantom calls.  10-6.

• Like (+1) 1

Looking at it again  I give the edge to Seattle just based on Russ being a magician and you sort of can see Josh pressing to match him play for play.  DK Metcalf is on another level.   Steelers we can hang with if we avoid turning it over .   Their defense makes a ton of big plays but also allows teams to move the ball  .  Rest are all a toss up  Seems like under McDermott we win the games were supposed to .  They keep the run game going the passing game will rebound

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I said 7-9 after a similar exercise a few weeks ago but since we beat the Pats today we might go 8-8 since I thought this would be a loss.

Upcoming schedule is simply brutal and I thought the only possible win and game will be favored in is the Chargers but man does that team and QB look good today and wouldn't be surprised if they came into Buffalo and destroy this team.

Wow your impressive! Trolling from thread to thread. Did you happen to see the Chargers blow that lead to the Broncos. I see Bills going 10-6. I want to see you post about your Dolphins 11-5 record. And also how the 2nd game with Bills won’t matter because your fins will have clinched.

It’s a very long season. Bills have things to shore up. But I think your a bit over the top on your team. 5 road games remaining you may struggle with some of the weather issues that has impacted the Bills. Good luck with your predictions please check back at year end. 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills are entering the meat grinder portion of their schedule.

I see a 3-5 finish for a 9-7 record and a division championship.

Seahawks- Loss

Cardinals- Loss

Chargers- Win

49ers- Loss

Steelers- Loss

Broncos- Win

Patriots- Loss

Dolphins- Win

Totally agree with you. 

Just beat the Patriots Dolphins and Broncos and we're division champs.

Seattle I think we actually can hang with.  I'm hoping for great weather and get a massive shootout.  Allen and Wilson throwing for 400 each.

Arizona.  Not sure what to expect.  Contain Murray and we can win.  You can bet Philips will be as fired up as you've ever seen.  Revenge game!

The 49ers had Jimmy G and Kittle go down today.  They might be getting to the point of mentally packing it in.  

Chargers will be tough bc they just are.  Our D matches up better with their O that can't really run the ball too well.....nothing that scares you. 

Steelers?  Just be competitive.  We'll see them again in the playoffs.  

It's all good.  One week at a time.  

Best case i see us going 6-2 with losses to Pitt and Sea. Key swing games here are SF and AZ - these two teams can be pretty irregular. 

Worst case 3-5. 

Realistically 4-4. 

Even with worst case, we’re likely to have tiebreakers over the Dolphins so 9-7 should win the division as i dont see the Dolphins finishing 10-6. 

Edited by bobobonators

Has anyone looked at the dolphins 2nd half schedule? They can easily finish this season with 9-10 wins. it is much easier than ours. 

the last game of the season might come down to the division title vs Miami. I don't know why everyone keeps counting them out of the division race. 

Edited by Penfield45

5-3 or 6-2 is the likely record over the last 8 unless they clinch the division sooner. The offense is slowly getting back on track the past 3 weeks.

Right now Buffalo is squarely a good team that's missing elements, like everyone in the AFC not named Kansas City or Pittsburgh.

I'm confident in wins against Chargers, Broncos, Dolphins and Pats. 

I'll also say Buffalo is going to beat San Francisco because they've shown an ability to contain these one-dimensional offenses and San Francisco is ridiculously erratic and  inconsistent this year and it's a west coast to east coast trip.

I'll say split between Arizona and Seattle, though I think both games are winnable. 

Probable loss is to Pittsburgh.

42 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Has anyone looked at the dolphins 2nd half schedule? They can easily finish this season with 9-10 wins. it is much easier than ours. 

the last game of the season might come down to the division title vs Miami. I don't know why everyone keeps counting them out of the division race. 

We have 3 common opponents and we play each other. Bills have a bye and 4 away games. Phins have Jets and Bengals and 5 away games. I would say they have a somewhat easier schedule.

However , they have 3 game home stand where Bengals, Chiefs, and Pats come to town. Then they close with LV and Bills away. A bit easier yes, but much easier is a stretch. I am confident they will be in the mix but it also won’t be easy!

Sea L

Ari toss up

LAC W

SF L

Pit L

Den W

NE W

Mia W

Chargers, Broncos, Pats2, and Fins2 being wins gets the bills to 10 wins which should be enough to fend the dolphins off for the division especially with the division sweep tiebreaker.  If we can beat the Cards for insurance it would be huge.  Dolphins are very scrappy with a good coach, Tua is still an unknown quantity but if their D performs like it did today for the rest of the year they can get to 9 wins, so we absolutely have to win the 2nd game against them.

6 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I said 7-9 after a similar exercise a few weeks ago but since we beat the Pats today we might go 8-8 since I thought this would be a loss.

Upcoming schedule is simply brutal and I thought the only possible win and game will be favored in is the Chargers but man does that team and QB look good today and wouldn't be surprised if they came into Buffalo and destroy this team.

You seriously need to change your name. How many more times being wrong before you agree to change it?

• Like (+1) 2