Miami is not winning the division

9 first downs and 145 yds of offense for Miami.  that’s one of those wins that is clearly not sustainable.  They had amazing Defensive and Special teams plays in the same game.  won’t happen again.  They will need some O going forward.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Not comparing but saying he played on that level of bad today

EJ played well in some games as a rookie.

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The only way Miami was even going to challenge us was with Fitz. Flores will be on the hot seat at the end of this year and probably fired next year. Flores is horrible at halftime adjustments, game management and playcalling. I'm not worried about Miami in the least.

That is it. Playoff guarantee for Phish.

I largely think that Tua isn't going to work in the NFL and it's better for the Dolphins if they find that out now.

I'd submit that the current Miami win streak is largely the result of an unsustainable turnover rate. Miami has a good defense but they've gotten 8 takeaways in the last 3, with 3 coming against SF and 4 today. Any team that gets turnovers at that rate is going to look more impressive than they are, and while they're clicking now, when that regresses to the mean they're going to look bad again.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Not sure if you are a bills fan or not. And if you are a Miami fan, I'm sure you are aware of Allen's track record against the Dolphins right? That doesn't give you any pause for concern? I think you are assuming way too much out of the Miami that the final game of the season would be meaningless for them. Look at what the Bengals did today to the Titans. Other than the Jets, Miami doesn't have any more gimmie games left of the schedule. Especially without Fitz under center.

They are most certainly not and ARE most certainly the trolliest of trolly trolls.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Buffalo is going to win the division this year, I’m sorry Tua was 12-22 93 total passing yards 1 td and 1 strip sack fumble. Tua looked bad in that game, granted he’s a rookie but he looked almost ej manuel bad. I can see them going back to Fitz quickly. Miami’s defense and running game is good though they’ll compete for a wild card

To put things in perspective, Miami gained 145 yards of TOTAL offense and still won by 2 scores.

Rams gained over 400 yards of offense but couldn’t get in the endzone enough.  

We know from the Bills 2004 season that wins that includes defensive or special teams touchdowns are not sustainable.  

After 7 games 4-3,  a “ Bills fan” claims the Dolphins are by far the 3rd best team in the AFC! Sporting a 3 game win streak and without a doubt they are going to only lose 2 more games. They then will finish 11-5 and the 2nd game with the Bills will be irrelevant because the Dolphins will have clinched the division by then. Ok let’s check back when all that happens. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Nuts for a troll or just plain nuts.  According to inmates on BBMB he had multiple accounts and was constantly getting banned.

I was on BBMB and this is true.  The posts he makes here are the same posts he made there.  

11 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Their defense is nasty.... I could see them being tough to beat just due to their defense.

Agreed. I’d prefer to rest starters Week 17, win or lose. But it now may come down to winner take all for the Division crown. 

We’ll see, but I’m expecting a season long dogfight.

Miami is a tough place to play, especially if you’re a team traveling from one side of the coast all the way to the other. (Thankfully Josh seems to love playing in MIA)

I think Tuas struggles continue next week against the Cards and the fish get their 4th loss. Budda baker and Patrick Peterson are going to make life hard for Tua.

• Like (+1) 1

Miami may be right there with us next year, but this year the division is ours as long as we win the games we should win. Looking at there schedule I can see them going possibly 4-5 the rest of the way, at ABSOLUTE best they will go 5-4. They are already 1-2 in the division while we are 4-0 as well. That means that we would have to finish out 2-6 the rest of the way and lose both of our remaining division games for them to win the East in week 17. It's not happening.  

15 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Going to be fun bumping this thread at the end of the season and glad folks are brave enough to go on record saying this.

I will also go on record and say the Dolphins not only win the division but will do it by 2 or 3 games because I don't think the season finale matters at this point even if the Bills are alive for the playoffs then.

And for everyone saying 'Tua looked like crap today', hello....they still crushed the Rams and won by double digits because they are clicking. When is the last time you saw a Bills team dominate in a 3 game stretch like miami has? When is the last time the Bills beat a team by 20+ points? Don't be fooled because we stole a win from them in week 2 because it hindsight it will prove to be a fluke and the epitome of teams going in the opposite direction since then.

This Dolphins team is not on the same level of the Chiefs and Steelers, but I think they are by far the 3rd best team in the AFC right now and looking at the rest of their schedule I can't see more than 2 losses vs at least 4 more losses minimum for the Bills.

If you think the Dolphins are going to win the division especially going away then your screen name is a total LIE.

16 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Miami is looking pretty impressive. I will say that. I think we need to tighten things up to win the division, but its definitely ours to lose. 

On a side note. Would you swap McDermott for Flores for HC? I'm on the fence. Ive been impressed with Flores.

I would take Flores for McDermott...provided Flores & Beane are on the same page.  I am a big Flores fan, i think what he did last year with the Phins was amazing with the last of talent he had,

16 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Buffalo is going to win the division this year, I’m sorry Tua was 12-22 93 total passing yards 1 td and 1 strip sack fumble. Tua looked bad in that game, granted he’s a rookie but he looked almost ej manuel bad. I can see them going back to Fitz quickly. Miami’s defense and running game is good though they’ll compete for a wild card

I agree the Bills will win the division, but not because of Tua.  That was his first game EVER! Here was nervous and jumpy the kid will get better.

the reason the Bills win the division is right now you have more talent and the better team! The only way that changes this year is if Allen or Diggs gets hurt crippling your O. 

16 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Miami is looking pretty impressive. I will say that. I think we need to tighten things up to win the division, but its definitely ours to lose. 

On a side note. Would you swap McDermott for Flores for HC? I'm on the fence. Ive been impressed with Flores.

Miami is playing with a lot of heart, but the main reason for the win yesterday was turnovers.  The Rams had close to 500 yards of offense, three times what Miami could generate.

Flores is one of the better head coaches from the Belichick coaching tree, but I'm fine with McDermott.