Miami is not winning the division

6 minutes ago, Groin said:

Good HC, really good D, not sure about Tua, but given that the Bills have to really make it to 10-6 or better, they have to watch out for the Fins.  9-7 could win this division, and I could see Miami landing there.

Actually the bills only need to win two more games at the most to make the post season/ clinch the AFCE,  those two wins come from the pats and the fins. We can manage that, every thing else is frosting on the cake. 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

We played the same kind of football last year, and (in my opinion) looked much less impressive doing it.

Looking at their schedule, I can easily see them finishing with 10+ wins by season's end.

The Bills are obviously in the driver's seat right now, seeing as how they sit 2.5 games up at this point.

But things can change fast.  We have the tougher schedule going forward, and I think the Dolphins ultimately look like a better team.  

The Bills play the Seahawks and Cardinals next.  The way we've played lately, I can't see us winning either.  Very possible we go into the bye at 6-4.

The Dolphins play the Cardinals, Chargers and Broncos next.  If they can go 2-1 over that stretch, they are sitting at.... 6-4.

Don't discount them.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, mjt328 said:

We played the same kind of football last year, and (in my opinion) looked much less impressive doing it.

Looking at their schedule, I can easily see them finishing with 10+ wins by season's end.

The Bills are obviously in the driver's seat right now, seeing as how they sit 2.5 games up at this point.

But things can change fast.  We have the tougher schedule going forward, and I think the Dolphins ultimately look like a better team.  

The Bills play the Seahawks and Cardinals next.  The way we've played lately, I can't see us winning either.  Very possible we go into the bye at 6-4.

The Dolphins play the Cardinals, Chargers and Broncos next.  If they can go 2-1 over that stretch, they are sitting at.... 6-4.

Don't discount them.

And so a lot of Ifs there. Bills being 8-2 is just as likely as Miami being 6-4. 

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Actually the bills only need to win two more games at the most to make the post season/ clinch the AFCE,  those two wins come from the pats and the fins. We can manage that, every thing else is frosting on the cake. 

Go Bills!!!

It's totally doable, but the Fins should not be taken lightly, well, unless Tua is absolutely horrible and Fitz does his best pick machine thing if/when he replaces Tua.

Of course, as learned today, the Pats can't be taken lightly either, but are more beatable than where I perceive the Fins to be at the moment.

12 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Don't discount them.

We are only 1.5 games up on the Dolphins with the tie breaker at the moment, not 2.5. Still a lot  of football to be played. We haven’t won the AFCE yet. 

Edited by Billznut

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Buffalo is going to win the division this year, I’m sorry Tua was 12-22 93 total passing yards 1 td and 1 strip sack fumble. Tua looked bad in that game, granted he’s a rookie but he looked almost ej manuel bad. I can see them going back to Fitz quickly. Miami’s defense and running game is good though they’ll compete for a wild card

The only way Miami was even going to challenge us was with Fitz. Flores will be on the hot seat at the end of this year and probably fired next year. Flores is horrible at halftime adjustments, game management and playcalling. I'm not worried about Miami in the least.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sleeping on Miami only because when you look at the rest of their schedule compared to ours, they have a surprisingly easy one. 

Buffalo has a 1 1/2 game lead on the dolphins with a win over them so it would take a bit for them to come back, but if Buffalo does not take one of the next two against two tough teams in Seattle and Arizona, then there is suddenly a chance that week 17 is for the division.

Edited by dgrochester55

40 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If they went back to Fitz, they would be doubling down on the bad decision to bench Fitz in the first place...

I'd be fine with that, considering the negative long-term implications that could result.

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Buffalo is going to win the division this year, I’m sorry Tua was 12-22 93 total passing yards 1 td and 1 strip sack fumble. Tua looked bad in that game, granted he’s a rookie but he looked almost ej manuel bad. I can see them going back to Fitz quickly. Miami’s defense and running game is good though they’ll compete for a wild card

Read an article today that claimed the reason the Fish changed to Tua was because they have two 1st and 2nd round picks both this year and next.  So they are the team that could trade up as high as needed all the way to #1 overall as they have the most draft capitol in the league. Therefore they want to play Tua now to determine if he's the answer or do they need to get a better QB in the upcoming draft.

Granted they need a trade partner but in theory they could move up more than anyone else.  If a team like the Bengals ended up with the overall 1st, could see them trading the pick or Borrow.

47 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Miami is looking pretty impressive. I will say that. I think we need to tighten things up to win the division, but its definitely ours to lose. 

On a side note. Would you swap McDermott for Flores for HC? I'm on the fence. Ive been impressed with Flores.

Flores benching Fitz for Tua is a questionable call at this point in the season. He also benefitted from a great trade by his GM with Houston. I give McDermott the nod but Flores has been better than I thought. Yet does Chan stay if Fitz leaves? If so who comes to coach up Tua?

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Going to be fun bumping this thread at the end of the season and glad folks are brave enough to go on record saying this.

I will also go on record and say the Dolphins not only win the division but will do it by 2 or 3 games because I don't think the season finale matters at this point even if the Bills are alive for the playoffs then.

And for everyone saying 'Tua looked like crap today', hello....they still crushed the Rams and won by double digits because they are clicking. When is the last time you saw a Bills team dominate in a 3 game stretch like miami has? When is the last time the Bills beat a team by 20+ points? Don't be fooled because we stole a win from them in week 2 because it hindsight it will prove to be a fluke and the epitome of teams going in the opposite direction since then.

This Dolphins team is not on the same level of the Chiefs and Steelers, but I think they are by far the 3rd best team in the AFC right now and looking at the rest of their schedule I can't see more than 2 losses vs at least 4 more losses minimum for the Bills.

You're nuts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Going to be fun bumping this thread at the end of the season and glad folks are brave enough to go on record saying this.

I will also go on record and say the Dolphins not only win the division but will do it by 2 or 3 games because I don't think the season finale matters at this point even if the Bills are alive for the playoffs then.

And for everyone saying 'Tua looked like crap today', hello....they still crushed the Rams and won by double digits because they are clicking. When is the last time you saw a Bills team dominate in a 3 game stretch like miami has? When is the last time the Bills beat a team by 20+ points? Don't be fooled because we stole a win from them in week 2 because it hindsight it will prove to be a fluke and the epitome of teams going in the opposite direction since then.

This Dolphins team is not on the same level of the Chiefs and Steelers, but I think they are by far the 3rd best team in the AFC right now and looking at the rest of their schedule I can't see more than 2 losses vs at least 4 more losses minimum for the Bills.

Right. Because a 70+ yard fumble recovery TD and a Punt return TD are going to be their bread and butter? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1