Miami is not winning the division

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Flores benching Fitz for Tua is a questionable call at this point in the season. He also benefitted from a great trade by his GM with Houston. I give McDermott the nod but Flores has been better than I thought. Yet does Chan stay if Fitz leaves? If so who comes to coach up Tua?

No doubt. I think they bent Houston over the barrel with that trade. I like McDermott, but for whatever reason I was more high on him when we were rebuilding, than I am now when we're leading the division. Maybe its my own quirks.

29 minutes ago, Groin said:

It's totally doable, but the Fins should not be taken lightly, well, unless Tua is absolutely horrible and Fitz does his best pick machine thing if/when he replaces Tua.

Of course, as learned today, the Pats can't be taken lightly either, but are more beatable than where I perceive the Fins to be at the moment.

Oh, none of this will be easy, we have seen the teams MO, 😁

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

No doubt. I think they bent Houston over the barrel with that trade. I like McDermott, but for whatever reason I was more high on him when we were rebuilding, than I am now when we're leading the division. Maybe its my own quirks.

I think McDermott's early success caused us to over rate him a tad. That said he's still a good HC. I mean if you told me 4 years ago we'd be a playoff caliber in 3 of 4 McDermott's first four seasons I'd call you crazy.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Miami is looking pretty impressive. I will say that. I think we need to tighten things up to win the division, but its definitely ours to lose. 

On a side note. Would you swap McDermott for Flores for HC? I'm on the fence. Ive been impressed with Flores.

In a heartbeat. McD imo has reached his peak and wont take us to the promise land. His Defense is putrid with what appears to he no intervention and Dabolls offensive play calling continues to be awful, which McD allows week in and week out.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Miami is looking pretty impressive. I will say that. I think we need to tighten things up to win the division, but its definitely ours to lose. 

On a side note. Would you swap McDermott for Flores for HC? I'm on the fence. Ive been impressed with Flores.

I agree. Flores has been impressive.

Jets have a slightly easier schedule the rest of the way. They still play the Jets.  They have the Bengals instead of the Steelers.  They already lost to Seattle and have the Chiefs still to play. The Bills are the opposite. Both teams have common opponents in the Chargers, Broncos, and Cardinals.  

The division could still be up for grabs week 17.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think Miami is realistically looking at this year as a year they compete for the division realistically. 

I think they are just looking to compete and gain some experience. Next year though, with added experience and another boatload of draft picks, watch out.

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Their defense is nasty.... I could see them being tough to beat just due to their defense.

You mean the defense Josh and Co. absolutely shredded earlier in the season? Josh was wrecking Miami when he was considered a work in progress. Until he regresses I don't think that changes. He owns the Fins! This team problem is defense. They can't rush the QB and can't stop the rush. 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

You mean the defense Josh and Co. absolutely shredded earlier in the season? Josh was wrecking Miami when he was considered a work in progress. Until he regresses I don't think that changes. He owns the Fins! This team problem is defense. They can't rush the QB and can't stop the rush. 

The score was 31-28, it came down to us having to field an onside kick. Our offense was unknown at that time and teams have either figured it out or we have been much worse. Where Miami’s defense has definitely improved since there is no doubt about it.... don’t act as if Buffalo were to play that game over today Miami wouldn’t have a chance. They shut out the Jets, a Jets team we struggled with in the first half last week.

Yes their defense is pretty solid and only gonna get better.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

You take away the fluke Andy Dalton 4th down pass in week 17 his first year and McClappy's resume highlight is last year's 10-6 one and done playoff team (who also lost of 4 of their last 5 games including the Texans playoff game)

Either way the law of averages and parity said the Bills had to eventually do something after 17 miserable years and if becoming the new bengals/marvin lewis is an accomplishment that hardcore fans in western NY embrace then so be it but I yearn for so much more after being around for the late 80's/90's Bills teams.

I've always felt that Rex would have made the playoffs if given another year to get the right personnel in. I don't think McDermott is a bad coach at all. I think he's good but not great. This team has no identity. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

The score was 31-28, it came down to us having to field an onside kick. Our offense was unknown at that time and teams have either figured it out or we have been much worse. Where Miami’s defense has definitely improved since there is no doubt about it.... don’t act as if Buffalo were to play that game over today Miami wouldn’t have a chance. They shut out the Jets, a Jets team we struggled with in the first half last week.

Yes their defense is pretty solid and only gonna get better.

Like I said, our defense is our biggest problem. And their improving defense as you say gave up a total of 471 yards. 340 passing and 131 rushing. Hey, maybe I'm wrong but the only team in the division I was worried about we beat today. 

On a separate note, I'm really concerned about the way this team plays in inclement weather. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

We played the same kind of football last year, and (in my opinion) looked much less impressive doing it.

Looking at their schedule, I can easily see them finishing with 10+ wins by season's end.

The Bills are obviously in the driver's seat right now, seeing as how they sit 2.5 games up at this point.

But things can change fast.  We have the tougher schedule going forward, and I think the Dolphins ultimately look like a better team.  

The Bills play the Seahawks and Cardinals next.  The way we've played lately, I can't see us winning either.  Very possible we go into the bye at 6-4.

The Dolphins play the Cardinals, Chargers and Broncos next.  If they can go 2-1 over that stretch, they are sitting at.... 6-4.

Don't discount them.

I see us winning both the Cardinals and the Seattle games, they are both teams that can be beat, and ya know, I don’t care if we win by one freakin point in both of them, No one with a brain said it was gonna be easy,

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

Don't be fooled because we stole a win from them in week 2 because it hindsight it will prove to be a fluke and the epitome of teams going in the opposite direction since then.

Not sure if you are a bills fan or not. And if you are a Miami fan, I'm sure you are aware of Allen's track record against the Dolphins right? That doesn't give you any pause for concern? I think you are assuming way too much out of the Miami that the final game of the season would be meaningless for them. Look at what the Bengals did today to the Titans. Other than the Jets, Miami doesn't have any more gimmie games left of the schedule. Especially without Fitz under center.

I just saw the highlights of that game. As good as Miami looked in parts of that game, and Tua looks very good for a rookie, the Rams completely blew that game. Goff is maddening to watch, pinpoint accuracy one second, horrible INTs the next. The fumble return for a TD and the Punt return TD were total gut punches for the Rams. Miami is better than expected but lets not go crazy worrying about them just yet.

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I see us winning both the Cardinals and the Seattle games, they are both teams that can be beat, and ya know, I don’t care if we win by one freakin point in both of them, No one with a brain said it was gonna be easy,

Go Bills!!!

The Bills haven't beaten a QB of Russell Wilson's caliber since Sean McDermott became our coach.

This once proud defense has become totally gutless.  My guess is they will try to repeat the Kansas City strategy, rather than play confident and aggressive.  They will guard against the big plays and deep throws, but fail to challenge the underneath passing game.  And then get gashed in the running game as usual.  Instead of dictating the game, McDermott/Frazier will cross their fingers and hope Seattle either gets impatient or turns the ball over.

I would feel more confident in this game, if our offense had actually showed some life over the last 4 weeks.  This clearly isn't a team that can regularly score 30+ points and win in shootouts.  

26 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

They are one game behind the Bills are are riding a 3 game winning streak with double digits victories in all of them (in fact they have destroyed all four teams they've beat).

They also are +58 in point differential compared to -1 for the Bills.

I get that fans hate division rivals more than any other team and are envious but to ignore reality make no sense.

Hey genius... Miami is 4-3.  Bills are 6-2. They had a flukey win today with 145 yards of total offense.

I believe earlier you came in with your bad feeling mojo crap and told us the Pats were going to blow out Buffalo.  Honestly, you should take a day off or maybe the rest of your life.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Another HUGE takeaway from today is that the Bills are now 4-0 in the division. The absolute best Miami can be if they win all remaining division games is 4-2, as they've already lost to BUF and NE. So if the division were to come down to that tie breaker, the Bills are sitting pretty.