Edmunds on last play...

BillsMafi$

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So if you put him on IR will the team be better with whomever replaces him?  LB is probably the position we are thinnest  at to start with.  Likely it's one of these injures where he's been told playing with it won't make it worse, but won't get better until he has surgery at season end.

At this point, I'd be willing to take a chance on a 100% rested and healthy FA like Clay Matthews than to march out a what appears to be a 40% healthy Edmunds. He's obviously hurt. So obviously hurt that BB is actively running in his direction. I still believe in Edmunds. Marching him out there just to take Ls not only is limiting our overall defense, but might ultimately hurt his confidence. Let's invest in his recovery instead of mortgaging his future. 

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Watch him. Disgusting. Week in and out, same BS from him.

That is what I see every week. He cant shed off a freaking RB then allows a lineman to get on him at the next level. He is epically bad.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want him to do what, beat two blockers?

He needed to shed the RB first, because he didnt the OL was on top of him for the double team. He has been really really bad my friend.

6 minutes ago, benderbender said:

At this point, I'd be willing to take a chance on a 100% rested and healthy FA like Clay Matthews than to march out a what appears to be a 40% healthy Edmunds. He's obviously hurt. So obviously hurt that BB is actively running in his direction. I still believe in Edmunds. Marching him out there just to take Ls not only is limiting our overall defense, but might ultimately hurt his confidence. Let's invest in his recovery instead of mortgaging his future. 

Agree if you can get someone from the outside, fine.  But within the roster they have right now, he still may be there best option if not their only option.

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I was a huge fan of raquon smith, who came out that same year. He was gone by the 10th pick, so obviously he wasn’t available, but he is a lot more instinctive than edmunds.

Its more than just instincts with Edmunds. He doesnt shed blocks and is a poor tackler. His angles are poor and gap control is lousy. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Man, some of you guys are just pitiful. Can’t enjoy a win at all? You only watch to find stuff to cry about don’t ya? So Edmunds is playing bad, we all get it. Do we need multiple posts whining about it? Do we need to post it in every thread? What’s your alternatives since you hate the kid now and don’t want him playing? Matevich? Klein? Andre Smith? It’s easier to understand the constant whining when there’s a capable player maybe riding the bench, but there’s nobody else to put out there. Gonna have to ride it out and see if he can improve some things in his game. 

That’s it there’s no one else I’m sure coach sees it too

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

And that was by Rex Burkhead. If he is truly that hurt, he needs to go on IR

You don't go on IR in the middle of a game, Bright Eyes.  He was injured on the first play of that drive and out for a couple downs then came back in.  Give him credit for being a gamer and wanting to go back in at a critical point in the game.

And if he goes on IR, who replaces him?  AJ Klein?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Watch him. Disgusting. Week in and out, same BS from him.

Edmunds is the EJ Manuel/Zay Jones of LB’s...I cant help but be reminded of EJ acting hysterical after a hard count...That’s Edmunds celebrating doing nothing but getting his ass handed to him all game...puff puff pass please...😂

This is EGREGIOUS, Cotton! It is absolutely unacceptable that Tremaine Edmunds did NOT lift Isaiah Wynn over his head and launch him into the 300s. Even more worse and not gooder than that is he didn't pull an Ant-Man and shrink himself down so he could slip between the two guys blocking him. He's so selfish with his superpowers. How dare he. He and his one arm. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Haha, the guy didn’t get steam rolled and took up two blockers... what a bum am I right? My god the complaint section is out of hand after we beat the team bullying us for 15 years!!

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Its more than just instincts with Edmunds. He doesnt shed blocks and is a poor tackler. His angles are poor and gap control is lousy. 

He is literally playing injured — not hurt, but injured. I am not his biggest fan by any stretch, but fans need to recognize this. They have no one else.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Two blockers? That’s burkhead alone.... there’s another OL guy close but he never even touched him....

He gets blocked by Burkhead 8 yards down the field. I’m tired of the excuses for this kid. Instinctually he is just reactive and it slows him down. Not saying he’s terrible but this is crunch time and he’s just eliminated from the play by a so so RB..... 

He needs to be at WLB/ Lorax role 

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Two blockers? That’s burkhead alone.... there’s another OL guy close but he never even touched him....

He gets blocked by Burkhead 8 yards down the field. I’m tired of the excuses for this kid. Instinctually he is just reactive and it slows him down. Not saying he’s terrible but this is crunch time and he’s just eliminated from the play by a so so RB..... 

He needs to be at WLB/ Lorax role 

No it's not Burkhead alone.  Burkhead first engages him and Wynn (#76) comes in almost immediately and thrusts him back (which also ends-up thrusting Wynn back a little) and then the two ride him downfield.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

No it's not Burkhead alone.  Burkhead first engages him and Wynn (#76) comes in almost immediately and thrusts him back (which also ends-up thrusting Wynn back a little) and then the two ride him downfield.

Wynn never touched him until after Burkhead releases him...  look at the second view, from the sideline ground level. Wynn is in pursuit the entire time but is 2-3 yards away until Burkhead releases the Wynn comes up....