Edmunds on last play...

BillsMafi$

17 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

By 2 guys 

Stop it.

A damned guy his size that is supposed to be a good player should have taken both those guys out at the spot. That is a win. Getting pushed backwards with both blockers still engaged is a big loss.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Eh to be fair it looks like the left tackle and the rb are both on him. 

Exactly.   Edmunds was scraping from inside out so he wouldn’t overrun it (somewhat shockingly!), and Burkhead 34 got his outside shoulder and then Wynn 76 immediately got him on his inside shoulder. 

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Watch that clip starting at the 27 second mark.   Burkhard did the blocking...

Or watch the clip at :02 - :04 seconds and see 76 Wynn, the OL... completely blow past the 1T Harrison, who isn't in position because well, I'm not really sure what he's doing and get to the 2nd level to Edmunds, pushes Edmunds back and Burkhead then joins in with Wynn.

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's getting worse every week. We took a risk on a young raw player Sean was hoping to turn into Kuechly. It didn't work.

Which was foolish when there were must safer bets available in the middle of the first round.

19 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So who should be playing? Half of this forums wanted  AJ Klein to be cut at the halftime.

I am not talking about you specifically but I always wonder why does this "cut" crowd think there are better players on the street.

Beane should just stroll on up to the "all-Star LB" tree and pluck him a few

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

I would not hang my defense of Edmunds play on this play.  He sucks all game long.  He's one of the reasons we are getting shredded every week.

Dodsons' on IR, Milano can't punch, Hyde is out; Edmunds calls the damn defense; what do you suggest, Einstein?   

They stuffed the Pats run pretty much all game.  I get that it's a fan board, but geez, what a bunch of whiners with a 6-2 team, 4-0 in the division.   geez.  

45 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want him to do what, beat two blockers?

He was getting pushed around by a guy 75% his size before the OL even got there. But yes, he should be able to at least disrupt two blockers. He doesn't need to beat them, but he should be able to muddy up the blocking lane. He might as well be a decoy on that play. They had no problem removing him from the play.

All of our LBs are struggling so far this year. Klein was awful today, had he made a couple of tackles he would have killed several Patriots drives, even Milano missed tackles today. Edmunds is playing without confidence, very few positive plays. I know this defense misses Lotulelei, but the results so far, stopping the run, are awful. 

3 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Dodsons' on IR, Milano can't punch, Hyde is out; Edmunds calls the damn defense; what do you suggest, Einstein?   

They stuffed the Pats run pretty much all game.  I get that it's a fan board, but geez, what a bunch of whiners with a 6-2 team, 4-0 in the division.   geez.  

They stuffed the Pats run pretty much all game?

Seriously, did you watch the game?

The Patriots ran for 188 yards.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

We need some D-Lineman to keep the O-Linemen from getting to the second level.  Linebackers don't win against O-Lineman consistently.  Edmunds was a pro bowl player when the Bills had D-Tackles that occupied the O-Line.  Assess the blame where it belongs.

It belongs to Edmonds. He is playing timid and lacks any physicality as an LB. We need someone with a mean streak and instincts.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Um....he was double teamed by a receiver and lineman...

Not saying he's playing good, but that's not a play I would point to.

You need to get the pitchforks.  Just get in line.

Oh and when Milano blows a play please just ignore it.

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

And that was by Rex Burkhead. If he is truly that hurt, he needs to go on IR

So if you put him on IR will the team be better with whomever replaces him?  LB is probably the position we are thinnest  at to start with.  Likely it's one of these injures where he's been told playing with it won't make it worse, but won't get better until he has surgery at season end.

51 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

^This ^

We all want Edmunds to do well but it's flat out not happening at all.

Yes, this play prob isn't the best example, once the all 22 comes out people are going to be like WTF is going on here? Today was probably the worst game of his young career. Not sure why people get called haters if they see a glaring hole or weakness in our team right now.

Sometimes the truth hurts. 

I was a huge fan of raquon smith, who came out that same year. He was gone by the 10th pick, so obviously he wasn’t available, but he is a lot more instinctive than edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So if you put him on IR will the team be better with whomever replaces him?  LB is probably the position we are thinnest  at to start with.  Likely it's one of these injures where he's been told playing with it won't make it worse, but won't get better until he has surgery at season end.

Deon Lacey can't be much worse at this point. I honestly feel bad for the guy at this point