Edmunds on last play...

BillsMafi$

On 11/1/2020 at 6:18 PM, kkim0904 said:

what is Edmund ***** 10 yard behind line of scrimmage on the running play.

When does that happen on this play? You mean after the fullback and lineman both blocked him? 

Edited by Tenhigh

2 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

Edmunds was doing his job, 1/11. By drawing Burkhead and the offensive lineman to him, away from Newton, he created a lane for Zimmer to swoop in and punch the ball out. Everyone sacrifices in victory.

My sarcasm detector is not working create. Is this post intended as sarcasm?

On 11/1/2020 at 5:21 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

You want him to do what, beat two blockers?

He looks like John Wendling used to look when the Bills made him play linebacker.

Keith Ellison was like this too, just defended for years for mediocre play.

It doesn’t matter now where he was drafted, or how young he is, he’s a terrible player. 

He would make up for it if he forced turnovers. But you’re getting a goose egg there too.

Plays 97% of snaps.

9 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Havent been a fan of his play. That said he has been imjured, DL right s not good and well, I feel we have piled on him enough the past few weeks 

“Piled on”

I think we like Beane and want the pick to work so we talk about bum shoulders, and how young he is, and blame the defensive line.

• Like (+1) 1

Why is it so hard for me people to see that Edmunds is just too tall and skinny to play MLB? (I had hoped he’d add some weight as he grew older and had a professional training table staff to help him.) The body type challenge persists, is absolutely obvious, and has been for some time now. While tall and skinny are both assets in pass defense they are huge liabilities against the run. The coaching staff took the gamble that the NFL had become a passing league and went with Edmunds, who I'm guessing they assumed could drop into coverage to defend guys like Gronk. Unfortunately the opposition watches film too and has figured out it’s just simpler to pound it down our throats.

Edited by SoCal Deek

I think Edmunds will continue at MLB.  Why?  The Bills play Tampa-2 a lot.  With two deep safeties there's a hole in the center of the field in front of & between the safeties.  Edmunds has the speed to fill that hole.  Think Urlacher's role with the Bear's D.  A thumper at MLB doesn't have the speed or agility to do that.