Edmunds on last play...

BillsMafi$

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You know you don't have to participate in threads you don't personally approve of, right?

And what is it with the "anti-whiner" crowd here?  You realize you're whining too, right?

When did whining about people discussing football become a thing?

At least folks "whining" about the team are actually commenting on football, which is why we're here.

These comments complaining about other fans are just idiotic and contribute nothing to the conversation.

Thanks for your comment. Very insightful. 
I contributed. I asked for alternatives to playing Edmunds. Problem is there’s 7-10 guys who just want to say “he sucks” on multiple threads but have no actual solutions or ideas to improve the play from that position. So what’s the point? That’s not discussing football that’s just being a whiny lil brat. 

14 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Yeah, he was pushed back ten yards there.

It looks like that was Rex Burkhead that just pushed him back 10 yards. This defense just looks so bad right now, its so bad that I can't watch that side of the ball anymore. If Edmunds is injured to the point where Burkhead pushes him 10 yards he should probably go on IR.

12 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's the fattest running back I've ever seen. He must be around 300 lbs.

Not saying Edmunds was good today but I'm also not sure this is a great example of a poor play by him. 

The 300lb RB is behind the 203lb RB, it looks like the 203lb RB makes the first contact and jolts Edmunds back and then the 300lb RB gets a hand on him after the fact.

15 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Watch him. Disgusting. Week in and out, same BS from him.

Good lord, you're going to blame that on 49?

Not one but two guys get to him unblocked, they both hit him and it's his fault? Jeez, people on here are willing to ignore anything to maintain opinions that didn't particularly make sense even when they were formed.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It looks like that was Rex Burkhead that just pushed him back 10 yards. This defense just looks so bad right now, its so bad that I can't watch that side of the ball anymore. If Edmunds is injured to the point where Burkhead pushes him 10 yards he should probably go on IR.

Please, dude. 

It's extremely clear that they both got hands on him, within a tenth of a second of each other. 76 was half on Edmunds, his right hand is on his shoulder, and half ramming himself into Burkhead's back pushing him forward. That's 310 pounds of Wynn and 215 of Burkhead.

Yes, Wynn separates and only Burkhead is on him for awhile and Wynn connects with him again later, further on down the field. But the initial impact is with both of them hitting him together.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You know you don't have to participate in threads you don't personally approve of, right?

And what is it with the "anti-whiner" crowd here?  You realize you're whining too, right?

When did whining about people discussing football become a thing?

At least folks "whining" about the team are actually commenting on football, which is why we're here.

These comments complaining about other fans are just idiotic and contribute nothing to the conversation.

The difference being he's complaining about whiny little posters while you're whining about a 6-2 team in a winning effort.

10 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Wynn engages him 2x

the first time its almost simultaneous with Burkhead and then the second time its when hes 2-3yds away. But the first contact is Wynn and Burkhead at the same time which is what drives Edmunds back a few yards; its that second engagement that youre focusing on. It wasnt burkhead alone that drove him back initially 

Yes, this.

Was it Wynn, not Vollmer? Now I have to go check. 

EDIT: You're right, it's Wynn, I'll go edit.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Please, dude. 

It's extremely clear that they both got hands on him, within a tenth of a second of each other. 76 was half on Edmunds, his right hand is on his shoulder, and half ramming himself into Burkhead's back pushing him forward. That's 320 pounds of Vollmer and 215 of Burkhead.

Yes, Vollmer separates and only Burkhead is on him for awhile and Vollmer connects with him again later, further on down the field. But the initial impact is with both of them hitting him together.

Burkhead made first contact and basically started Edmunds into his back pedal. 76 maybe got one arm on him but he didn't get a good hit on Edmunds. The point is Edmunds is getting very good at jogging backwards, I wonder if he drives his car better backwards as well.

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Burkhead made first contact and basically started Edmunds into his back pedal. 76 maybe got one arm on him but he didn't get a good hit on Edmunds. The point is Edmunds is getting very good at jogging backwards, I wonder if he drives his car better backwards as well.

Nonsense. Burkhead and Wynn hit him at virtually the same time, Wynn is able to get such good contact that he gets his right hand, the inside hand on him very solidly, while his left appears to not be able to reach him because it's behind Burkhead. Most of Wynn's body is behind Burkhead forcing him forward into Edmunds. Wynn got his whole weight behind the play pushing both Edmunds himself and also forcing Burkhead forward into him. They both get excellent contact and full impact. 

You can see Edmunds' shoulder fly back off Wynn's hand and the rest of Wynn's weight including his outside hand is right on Burkhead like he's the snowplow and Burkhead is the blade.

Yes, Wynn separates after that, but only after getting full contact right at first impact.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nonsense. Burkhead and Wynn hit him at virtually the same time, Wynn is able to get such good contact that he gets his right hand, the inside hand on him very solidly, while his left appears to not be able to reach him because it's behind Burkhead. Most of Wynn's body is behind Burkhead forcing him forward into Edmunds. Wynn got his whole weight behind the play pushing both Edmunds himself and also forcing Burkhead forward into him. They both get excellent contact and full impact. 

You can see Edmunds' shoulder fly back off Wynn's hand and the rest of Wynn's weight including his outside hand is right on Burkhead like he's the snowplow and Burkhead is the blade.

Yes, Wynn separates after that, but only after getting full contact right at first impact.

You are trying to defend someone who is a major disappointment and unless his play improves drastically, will not have his 5th year option picked up. If you and the others want to argue about one play, go right ahead. His overall play so far has been pretty bad for whatever reason.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:03 AM, billykay said:

You are trying to defend someone who is a major disappointment and unless his play improves drastically, will not have his 5th year option picked up. If you and the others want to argue about one play, go right ahead. His overall play so far has been pretty bad for whatever reason.

I'm arguing one play because they started talking about it and went on and on and on. I didn't bring it up.

There are other plays where it looks like he made mistakes or couldn't hold up his end. When people mention them, I don't argue. But a play like that where it's obviously not his fault, yeah, I like to point out bad arguments when I find them.

And I've never argued that his play has regressed. It has. I've said again and again that the question isn't whether he's regressed, it's why. He has an injury, Lotulelei is gone and the whole system just isn't working right now. That's to blame for an awful lot of it, I believe. Not all, I don't think. But likely a lot.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:30 PM, wvbillsfan said:

You ever been hit

by two guys that are pulling. I don’t care who you are, you’re going backwards. 

I will be honest... in HS I took on a 270lbs pulling guard and a full back... rb bounced outside and I drove the RB back 5 yards and made the tackle... It was probably the best play of my career..

With that being said I agree with you. That was on the first level. Its different when the lineman and 2nd player build up speed/momentum on the 2nd level. 2nd level you're done.

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll be honest I'm very critical of Edmunds... I watch every snap of him on D... I will say against the Titans I thought he played horribly. Other than that I think alot of the blame is on the Dline getting nudge out of their gap sometimes. Phillips and Zimmer would be the 5th guy in the middle on most teams. They simply haven't been very good. Edmunds can be frustrating to watch but I don't think this scheme and script is doing him any favors and he has backup DTs in front of him and Klein besides him. I think with a better supporting cast he looks like an all star...

We didn't draft him for his run stopping ability tho. We drafted him for his presence in the middle in pass coverage. Hes young I'm willing to ride it out with him even tho its frustrating to watch sometimes.

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 1

Not a football guy here.. but if two offensive players are leading the way, doesn't someone have to just occupy them? Did he do his job in this play allowing the interior defense to come in to make the play?

I guess maybe holding your ground a little bit would be preferred but that was a lot of mass coming at him.