Edmunds on last play...

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's getting worse every week. We took a risk on a young raw player Sean was hoping to turn into Kuechly. It didn't work.

Today was so Bad. I spent about 90% of the D snaps watching Edmunds today and it was flat out brutal. He a liability and hurting our D bad right now. People keep saying he's hurt but has not been on the injury report for 2 weeks.

McD needs to coach and do something about it at this phase. 

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He had two guys running right at him including a lineman.  I’m not a big Edmunds fan but come on - that is not the play to highlight for the haters.

He literally couldn’t shed a RB and got pushed back. Stop this nonsense

Edited by Bangarang
  • Thank you (+1) 2

What a stupid thread.  The dude was double teamed. Was he supposed to beat both guys to make the play?  

Edmunds is in my doghouse 💯.....but Edmunds play at MLB >>>>>> your ability to create good threads.  You lose

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You want him to do what, beat two blockers?

He should have at least caused a pile up to take all three out of the play. He got pushed back rather easily. That’s not good no matter how anyone spins it. Edmunds is a big boy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

What a stupid thread.  The dude was double teamed. Was he supposed to beat both guys to make the play?  

Edmunds is in my doghouse 💯.....but Edmunds play at MLB >>>>>> your ability to create good threads.  You lose

Exactly. There were plays today that could have been held up against Edmunds if he wanted to start a thread. This was not it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

He should have at least caused a pile up to take all three out of the play. He got pushed back rather easily. That’s not good no matter how anyone spins it. Edmunds is a big boy.

On a bad ankle you want him to plant and hold.  Again, dude is a bad MLB but on that play he was not the problem.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

He literally couldn’t shed a RB and got pushed back. Stop this nonsense

He had a combo block on him. Look, I'm with Coach here, I'm not an Edmunds apologist but this is a terrible example.

Why not isolate on Harrison on that play and his piss poor effort at the 1-tech? Why is a RB and an OL getting to the 2nd level?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

On a bad ankle you want him to plant and hold.  Again, dude is a bad MLB but on that play he was not the problem.

Yes it is his problem. He is on the field. There are no participation trophies in the NFL.

Edited by Beast

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Harrison Phillips does anything like his job maybe you don't have two Olinemen on Edmunds. I have been critical of Tremaine this year but you can't look at him in isolation of what goes on around him.

Burkhard had the block.  The O-lineman was just along for the ride until they were eight yards down field... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

He had a combo block on him. Look, I'm with Coach here, I'm not an Edmunds apologist but this is a terrible example.

Why not isolate on Harrison on that play and his piss poor effort at the 1-tech? Why is a RB and an OL getting to the 2nd level?

Harrison sucks too. 

• Like (+1) 2

Man, some of you guys are just pitiful. Can’t enjoy a win at all? You only watch to find stuff to cry about don’t ya? So Edmunds is playing bad, we all get it. Do we need multiple posts whining about it? Do we need to post it in every thread? What’s your alternatives since you hate the kid now and don’t want him playing? Matevich? Klein? Andre Smith? It’s easier to understand the constant whining when there’s a capable player maybe riding the bench, but there’s nobody else to put out there. Gonna have to ride it out and see if he can improve some things in his game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. There are a lot bad Edmunds plays, but he had two guys block him. Would be nice if someone would also tie up the blockers so the LBs can make tackles. 

I would not hang my defense of Edmunds play on this play.  He sucks all game long.  He's one of the reasons we are getting shredded every week.

3 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

Edmunds is a major liability on EVERY play.  Watch the film.  If he is hurt he shouldn't be playing.  

They are playing him because they feel like he is the BEST available option. We have a good roster, but we lack depth in some places. We are not yet an elite team, but we could beat one on a good day. 

We are 6-2 people, I won’t whine too much. 

• Like (+1) 1