An ugly win is better then a beautiful loss

Just now, MJS said:

We'll win the Superbowl and fans will complain that the defense gave up a 3rd and 12.

It's pretty annoying.

No. There are some fans that love the win but know, looking down the road this is a more than probable, one and done playoff team.

The same people with wooo! We won!! We beat the Pats!  Will be the ones saying after a first round playoff loss “what the hell man look at our record! We are better than this”

The glaring problems need to get fixed otherwise we get smacked around like the Titans game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Always is.

Doesn’t mean that you can’t point out the components of the team, that are a 5 Alarm Tire Fire! And the year you finally put a Silver stake through the Cheatriots, you realize there could still be a better team in the AFC-E! 

Fish play... an easier sked, so the Bills better take care of biz against the easier 3 remaining and hope to steal one. Of course, beating the Fish again, is now essential to win the Division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

When the entire team decides to click at the same time, they will destroy any team they play. Very streaky on again off again type feel to this team right now. 

They always seem to play to the level of competition, and I feel like they settle instead of going beyond. I don't know why it can't all seem to come together but man if it did...

The team has some very sloppy moments and the record is still sweet. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You are right. But we have a lot to fix. The nickel corner and linebacker play is brutal at the moment and the dline little better. 

You got that right.  Newton doesn’t fumble and the Bills probably end up losing. 

I know a win is a win...but that was very disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, batmanfreek said:

No. There are some fans that love the win but know, looking down the road this is a more than probable, one and done playoff team.

The same people with wooo! We won!! We beat the Pats!  Will be the ones saying after a first round playoff loss “what the hell man look at our record! We are better than this”

The glaring problems need to get fixed otherwise we get smacked around like the Titans game. 

That's a bunch of garbage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Nope.  6-2 vs 4-3.  1 1/2 games and the tiebreaker.

Ah, let me clarify what I meant. 

We’re up 1.5 games AND have the tiebreaker. I phrased that poorly. Having the tiebreaker is like having a 2.5 game lead, because if things were even we’d still have the lead. Miami needs to make up 2.5 games to take over the division. 

I misspoke. 

33 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

6-2 and realistically only the Dolphins have any chance of catching us now I’ll take it 

This times a million.

I would have loved to destroy the Pats but honestly, this is better.  Remember alllllll the Bills/Pats games that ended in "almost" wins for us...this kind of loss for the Pats hurts more.  We are 6-2 and to have things to work on is better than being 5-3 and have things to work on.

GOOOOO BILLLLLLSSSSS!!!!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m already nervous about the Dolphins.

The dolphins had a super fluky game today. Multiple defensive scores and a punt return for a TD. Can't count on that every week.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Bills need to not have that game matter hopefully enter that game with 10 or 11 wins and Miami enters in with 8. I think getting a split in the next 2 games is critical. If the Bills can get to 7-3 going into that very winnable Chargers game then I think the Bills can get to 11 wins. 

Looking ahead of you split the next 2 and win against the Chargers you are sitting at 8-3. You have a toss up game against the 49ers and a tough game against the Steelers. You split those and you sit at 9-4 going into a pair of favorable games against the Broncos and Pats. You win those you get to 11-4 and then you have the Fins.

I was half joking, we should be at least a game up on the Fins if not two or three but if it comes down to Jan 3 IM OK with it.  I take the Bills by 10.

Maybe the problem is... the Bills NEVER play a beautiful game.  Win or lose.

Either the Bills play a pathetic team that we should beat by double-digits (Jets, Pats), and somehow turn it into a 4th quarter, edge of your seat, last-second pulled out of our backsides victory... OR we get our teeth smashed-in by one of the legitimate Super Bowl contenders (Titans, Chiefs).  Can you name even one game in the past 3 years, where the Bills have been impressive across the board?  Every game we look absolutely terrible in some area.

I've been on the same side of the argument as you, saying "a win is a win" and fans shouldn't be complaining.  But the bar has been raised on my expectations.  I'm not going to just be happy with wins against bad teams.  I said before the season, the Bills absolutely MUST win a playoff game this year, or this season will ultimately be a failure in my eyes.  And right now, I would consider our chances 50-50 against even the lowest Wild Card contenders in the AFC like the Browns, Colts or Raiders.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I was half joking, we should be at least a game up on the Fins if not two or three but if it comes down to Jan 3 IM OK with it.  I take the Bills by 10.

My hope is the Bills at least clinch a playoff game. If the Bills enter that game 10-5 and Miami 9-6 and it's just for the Division for the Bills I will be confident but thankful the Bills will at least be playing the week after.