Bills 24, Pats* 21 Game Balls!!

YoloinOhio

Zimmer has been fantastic, he gets the game ball for sure and as bad as our defense has been, I’d also have to say that Jordan Poyer has laid his body on the line, game in, game out. 11 tackles. He’s on pace for 130 tackles, he’s been incredible.. Dudes gonna have CTE before the season is over though and I’m not saying that jokingly, these LBs suck..

Daboll for calling so many run plays.

The Bills RBs Singletary and Moss who both averaged more than 5 yards a carry.

Zimmer for causing that game winning fumble.

And yes, Jon Feliciano really made an impact on the O line.

It harkens me back to the old days of the Packers, Raiders, Bills building solid over powering offensive lines that few teams could stop. Apparently, pro bowl OG Richie Incognito failed to show this FO the importance of having a top offensive guard on the team. Let's hope that Mongo now showed that. 

I keep reading that OG's are a dime a dozen in this forum and poor to bad players usually are... Really good OG's are equally as important as tackles, or even the center and building a top offensive line is equally as important as having a top defensive line in my view. The most valuable player on the team is the QB and protecting him and allowing him to perform his job should be a top priority. As well as running the ball to help the offense from being one dimensional and that showed up today. 

The Buffalo Bills needed to be able to run the ball this week and were able to do so because of Jon Feliciano at both OG and Center. 

One last game ball for an unsung hero, Tyler Matakevich on special teams who was the Bills player who recovered that onside kick for great field position for Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The two backs (I wasn't sure they had this game in them but I give them a ton of credit today). 

Matakevich. 

Zimmer (who did not have a very good game but he made the play that won it).

Why Matakevich?

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Moss had a (at last) a great game. MVP of the day. Wait another such performance before anointing him #1. He really had it today and I sure hope it was an awakening, but let's face it, he was below Yeldon till this week, and motor has been steady good.

Zimmer! 

Feliciano - forgetting him? What an impact he had! And he had to play center too

Milano was reading everything... yet missed a lot of tackles. Seems like rust and little play time to get in the groove. I hope he's back to full health and as starter next week

You are aware Moss has been injured most of the season, aren’t you?😳

9 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

That's it for me The goat list would be pages long

Yea you can start your own thread on GOAT list pan.

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Correct it was obviously his error.

DB contributed it with illegal contact before ball was thrown preventing him from going inside.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

You are aware Moss has been injured most of the season, aren’t you?😳

Not likely.

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Zimmer has been fantastic, he gets the game ball for sure and as bad as our defense has been, I’d also have to say that Jordan Poyer has laid his body on the line, game in, game out. 11 tackles. He’s on pace for 130 tackles, he’s been incredible.. Dudes gonna have CTE before the season is over though and I’m not saying that jokingly, these LBs suck..

Poyer has not been affected by bigger wallet in pocket like other players.

He did not get a new contract, not work as hard and have attitude to be let go when players were needed desperately.

9 hours ago, artmalibu said:

A win is a win....  

It buys them another week to find a solution.

And gets them closer to the bye, this team is really hurting for a bye, seems everyone is banged up. Hopefully the trade deadline gets the Bills a trade for a one tech. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Zimmer was actually pretty hopeless yesterday.... but it isn't his fault. He is playing to his talent level he just isn't very good.... but he plays with maximum effort and hustle on every play and it was that which won us the game. Someone had to make a play and he made it. Game ball assured. 

Agree totally on Poyer. Has been our most consistent defensive player through 8 games.

• Like (+1) 1

It seemed to be no coincidence that the running game finally got on track the first game that  Feliciano was back. Other than Allen, Diggs and Feliciano seem to make this offense really click. Like others asked, I do wonder what the coaches saw that caused them to pull Bates at center. He seemed to be doing the job. And keeping Feliiano at guard and Bates at center would have given Feliciano more freedom to cause the havoc he is so good at causing to the opposing D on running plays.

9 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Boettger.  Stepped in and they did a great job running left.

Would need to go back and look at the A22.... and I am two weeks behind on my A22 reviews.... so have some catching up to do. Bloody work actually expecting me to work rather than spend my day worrying about the Bills. However, it looked like Ike had a decent game. There were fewer long developing pass plays which is where he seemed to struggle most last week.

Having Feliciano back in there makes a difference - he is our best run blocker. This is the third time since Morse has been here that he has gone out during a game and the Bills have racked up 109, 244 and 190 on the ground in those three games. It is really hard to run consistently - especially inside - when your center is getting pushed back. Morse is pushed back in the run game a lot.... but he has been excellent as a pass protector.... so it is a tricky one to resolve.

Interesting that when Morse went out they brought Bates in at center for that drive but once he was confirmed out they moved Feliciano inside and put Ike in at guard. The worst player on our line again yesterday was Brian "Holding, #66" Winters.

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I thought Allen played a solid game and only made one real mistake (stepping out of bounds). This is the first time we didn't need him to carry the entire offense. He still looks a LITTLE hesitant to me but he's making good decision and good throws for the most part.

I thought Allen looked a little hesitant as well, but as Sal C noted after the game, the Cheats were running 6-7 dbs in a field already compressed by the wind. Really tough to judge without All-22. Another growth game by Allen, imho

Someone said last week, and I agree, don’t go on this board on game day.  Either too high or a bunch of trolls looking for any reason to say something negative.  I wanted to kill them like most of you, but it was a division win, we’re 6-2, and the Cheats are 2-5.  Sounds like a good day to me.  

As the hobbit says (BB), we’re onto Seattle.  These next two weeks are going to be tough, but I’m hopeful we split.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Having Feliciano back in there makes a difference - he is our best run blocker. This is the third time since Morse has been here that he has gone out during a game and the Bills have racked up 109, 244 and 190 on the ground in those three games. It is really hard to run consistently - especially inside - when your center is getting pushed back. Morse is pushed back in the run game a lot.... but he has been excellent as a pass protector.... so it is a tricky one to resolve.

Morse is one of the most mobile centers and does an amazing job downfield when the play has evolved for that. Obviously a great leader and communicator, and yep, very good at pass blocking. But pure strength and pushing up the pile, especially on obvious run plays... not his forte. Overall, still a damn good player. And with him AND Feliciano, it would be better.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Daboll for calling so many run plays.

The Bills RBs Singletary and Moss who both averaged more than 5 yards a carry.

Zimmer for causing that game winning fumble.

And yes, Jon Feliciano really made an impact on the O line.

It harkens me back to the old days of the Packers, Raiders, Bills building solid over powering offensive lines that few teams could stop. Apparently, pro bowl OG Richie Incognito failed to show this FO the importance of having a top offensive guard on the team. Let's hope that Mongo now showed that. 

I keep reading that OG's are a dime a dozen in this forum and poor to bad players usually are... Really good OG's are equally as important as tackles, or even the center and building a top offensive line is equally as important as having a top defensive line in my view. The most valuable player on the team is the QB and protecting him and allowing him to perform his job should be a top priority. As well as running the ball to help the offense from being one dimensional and that showed up today. 

The Buffalo Bills needed to be able to run the ball this week and were able to do so because of Jon Feliciano at both OG and Center. 

One last game ball for an unsung hero, Tyler Matakevich on special teams who was the Bills player who recovered that onside kick for great field position for Buffalo. 

We also motioned our gunner in on a punt early - and i remembered NOT doing that last year and the punt being blocked.  I think having some core special teamers on this team does help.