Completely out coached again.

jamiezzz

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And I'd put the Bills right there too, but McD still seems to not understand that and has not adapted since week 4.  Now it is vanilla offense, a lot of underneath and allowing the other team to dictate the play. 

And I disagree....  We finally saw a peak as to what it can be and again McD has not helped the past 4 games.  18 passes yesterday in perfectly okay weather.  They tried all of one long pass (and that was too at the wrong time).

If you're suggesting that we need to find a way to get Allen back to where he was in the first 4 games, I totally agree with you and just wrote as much in a different thread.

Most folks around here right now are saying "OK, take what the D gives us and run the ball more!"  I totally disagree with that.

The problem is Tennessee showed the league how to shut down Josh Allen and ever  since, he has been shut down.

Daboll needs to find a way to get him back on track---if he can.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, CBennett said:

Difference is the balancing act between O and D and salary and who to keep(who can you afford) and who goes....too many on D left throuhg simply not resigning them, opt outs and retirements...the ones left are just not that great and some are just simply getting older and have lower impact than a year or 2 ago like Hughes....he isnt bad..he isnt the player he was 2=3 years ago...

If you think the D is bad now wait till Allens contract comes up lol

Great response. Responsible cap use is key. We need to continue to draft and build our team that route and only keep people who truly earn another contract. The NFL is so different now than from the 90's Bills we all have nostalgia over. "Good" teams lose every week. Welcome to NFL parity. The cap only lets you get so good or pay for it later. That being said, Beane hasn't been as spot on with picks as I had hoped, especially for someone who came up as a scout...

Edited by umang_a_desai

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If you're suggesting that we need to find a way to get Allen back to where he was in the first 4 games, I totally agree with you and just wrote as much in a different thread.

Most folks around here right now are saying "OK, take what the D gives us and run the ball more!"  I totally disagree with that.

The problem is Tennessee showed the league how to shut down Josh Allen and ever  since, he has been shut down.

Daboll needs to find a way to get him back on track---if he can.

Davis catches the ball in the end zone it changes the Pats game. Josh lead the Bills downfield all game against Jets but had TD called back on questionable penalty. It's a game of inches. Josh isn't hitting everything like he was early on but he hasn't been fully stopped. 

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Davis catches the ball in the end zone it changes the Pats game. Josh lead the Bills downfield all game against Jets but had TD called back on questionable penalty. It's a game of inches. Josh isn't hitting everything like he was early on but he hasn't been fully stopped. 

That plus the Gabriel(Gabe, I'll call you that bc you pissed me off lol) drop really changed his stats. Josh performed pretty well imo w limited opportunities.

On 11/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, blacklabel said:

Loved seeing him out there today. Sucks he's gotta play in place of Morse, though. If Ford can go next week I'd like to see Bates get a start over Winters, just to see how that works. 

I douBt we see Morse. 

Lot of people liking Bates but Boettger graded highest on our OL last week. If Ford is ready how about he replaces Winter and Boettger stays at LG. Let’s keep building continuity. 

Edited by Bob in STL

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I said it yesterday, Allen's playing average.

I definitely wouldn't say that. Allen is subject to the OC's gameplan. He was not going to get 40+ attempts this week. Two drops makes a big difference in his stats. Hell even one changes the complection of the game and both were balls that SHOULD have been caught.

I remember a game against Peyton Manning in Indy where we played great on D, got a pick 6 against him, held their offense down to 17 or 20 points and ended up losing at the last minute.

The point is. Who cares? They don't count coaching victories, only scoreboard victories and we have 6 of them so far, with only 2 other teams in the league having more.

It is a week to week league and very rarely do things from.one week carry over to the next one.

46 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

I definitely wouldn't say that. Allen is subject to the OC's gameplan. He was not going to get 40+ attempts this week. Two drops makes a big difference in his stats. Hell even one changes the complection of the game and both were balls that SHOULD have been caught.

No idea how Davis makes that spectacular catch against the Dolphins and then drops a ball Allen puts right on him.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I douBt we see Morse. 

Lot of people liking Bates but Boettger graded highest on our OL last week. If Ford is ready how about he replaces Winter and Boettger stays at LG. Let’s keep building continuity. 

Bates, Feliciano and Boettger should all se the field. All performed well in specific situations