Completely out coached again.

jamiezzz

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

How would you have felt about the coaching if we ended regulation tied or trailing with 2 timeouts left? and one used with the clock stopped. 

How would you have felt if Kennedy wasn’t assassinated? If Hillary won in ‘16? If the Titanic veered to miss the iceberg?

WTF does it even matter? We won the damn game! It’s in the history books. Jesus!🤦‍♂️ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

How would you have felt if Kennedy wasn’t assassinated? If Hillary won in ‘16? If the Titanic veered to miss the iceberg?

WTF does it even matter? We won the damn game! It’s in the history books. Jesus!🤦‍♂️ 

Noted. Post game analysis not welcome at TBD after a win. 

To answer your question, it matters because there may be another game with similar circumstances and I would hope we use our timeouts once NE is in fg range with the clock running. I would ask what your hope would be in that situation but it seems you’re not interested in a nuanced discussion about strategy. 

Edited by Chemical

Yeah, I apologize. It’s been more insane around here following a home victory over the Patriots than any blowout loss. 

My answer is that in less than 3 full seasons of play, I believe in Josh Allen with the ball and the game in his hands -whether it be late in the 4th quarter or OT. 

The Pats* kept getting chunk plays on their final drive, which rarely transfers to the Defense calling TO with the clock ticking. With so little time left, merely forcing them to go for a FG (through a 3rd Down stop or the clock) would produce OT. 

Again, see my belief in Allen in those situations. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Because NEs roster is so inferior.

Bills were way more talented than NE and it took a practice squad player to save the day for the bills today.

Does it really matter who makes the plays? I don't understand your angle?

The back up safety Marlowe recovered the fumble.

I personally think its good for the team when  players other than your stars step up and make plays.

Depth players need to contribute to keep their spots.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills won and yep 6-2.....  However to not see the issues with this team (particularly coaching) plays into the definition of Fandom.

I'm a huge Bills fan and want to see them play to their potential, and I don't see that.

They barley hung on to beat a decimated NE team at home.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills won and yep 6-2.....  However to not see the issues with this team (particularly coaching) plays into the definition of Fandom.

This is a stupid fallacy that some folks around here keep propagating. People see the issues and they're happy with a win. The problem is there's a group of people on here that only see the issues and completely disregard that they won. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is a stupid fallacy that some folks around here keep propagating. People see the issues and they're happy with a win. The problem is there's a group of people on here that only see the issues and completely disregard that they won. 

They ran the ball well...  That's the extent of the positives imo.

They squeaked by a much inferior team and again did not show their full potential.

Have the Bills played a complete game yet (closest was Raiders)?

16 hours ago, jamiezzz said:

We’re completely outcoached weekly.  It’s absolutely disgusting.  Best talent in AFC East,  but still can’t play good ball.  Time for a coaching change.

show examples, please. Another football cliche that doesn't work. Where were we outcoached?

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

show examples, please. Another football cliche that doesn't work. Where were we outcoached?

When playing a team as wounded & weak in every aspect of the game as the Pats were yesterday, and the game decided by a last minute fumpble when the Pats were at the Bill 20, then yes it is the coaching.  

The Pats on top of everything were also missing their best receiver Edelman & the DPOY Gilmore.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Does it really matter who makes the plays? I don't understand your angle?

The back up safety Marlowe recovered the fumble.

I personally think its good for the team when  players other than your stars step up and make plays.

Depth players need to contribute to keep their spots.

I was just trying to make a point that with all the free agents McDermott brought in for HIS defence along with the players him/beane have drafted in the early rounds, they get gashed week in and week out. Not a good look on Mcd.

Great play by Zimmer. Taking nothing away from him at all.

Edited by BillsFan130

You want a quick two words to chew on with your breakfast while you ponder who out-coached whom yesterday?  Here you go: Tyler Matakevich!  Let that tongue twisting name wash over your palate for a moment or for several minutes if that's what it takes for you to get it.  Put that name, that salad of iambic pentameter like sounds in your mouth over and over again before you take your coaching review to the keyboard again.  

For at least twenty years, we have coined the phrase "Billsy" applied it to creative new ways to achieve heartbreak and losses.  Yesterday was again "Billsy", but not by us.  Mediocre coaches, and we've had our share, never saw these moments looming or approaching.  They, and we were devastated time and time again as these little moments turned into the bigger more obvious turning points that turned wins (and winds) to losses into Bills Mafia ulcers and our team's successes into failures.  Think, if you can stomach it over breakfast,  about McKelvin bringing the ball out of and end zone, or a defensive scheme responsible for leaving Dallas receivers uncovered near a sideline with only seconds to play.  These little ominous moments were our way of football life for so long that we became almost numb to them.  These were our trademark needless, unforced errors based in fear and desperation.  Yesterday, our perennial perpetrator of these moments came calling with another of these potential kicks to the crotch.  And McDermott had his team ready for it.  Tyler Matakevich never blinked at the moment.  He never flinched as he embraced as he embraced the attempted dagger of an onside kick from Belichick.  In that moment, the tables turned on the coaching equilibrium in the AFC East.  McDermott had his team prepared and they made New England pay instantly on the scoreboard and ultimately with the game and their season falling hopelessly away from them.  It was an foolish coaching decision, an unforced error by the Pats, based in fear and desperation.  McDermott and his team caused them to go there.  And he had his team prepared to make the Pats pay for it with their season.  

I like being on this side of the equation.  I like winning the close ones.  I like causing the heartbreak for a change.  I'm getting comfortable with it.  Why can't so many of you enjoy this?    Trust the process folks.

Edited by cwater10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

You want a quick two words to chew on with your breakfast while you ponder who out-coached whom yesterday?  Here you go: Tyler Matakevich!  Let that tongue twisting name wash over your palate for a moment or for several minutes if that's what it takes for you to get it.  Put that name, that salad of iambic pentameter like sounds in your mouth over and over again before you take your coaching review to the keyboard again.  

For at least twenty years, we have coined the phrase "Billsy" applied it to creative new ways to achieve heartbreak and losses.  Yesterday was again "Billsy", but not by us.  Mediocre coaches, and we've had our share, never saw these moments looming or approaching.  They, and we were devastated time and time again as these little moments turned into the bigger more obvious turning points that turned wins (and winds) to losses into Bills Mafia ulcers and our team's successes into failures.  Think, if you can stomach it over breakfast,  about McKelvin bringing the ball out of and end zone, or a defensive scheme responsible for leaving Dallas receivers uncovered near a sideline with only seconds to play.  These were our way.  These were our trademark needless, unforced errors based in fear and desperation.  Yesterday, our perennial perpetrator of these moments came calling with another of these potential kicks to the crotch.  And McDermott had his team ready for it.  Tyler Matakevich never blinked at the moment.  He never flinched as he embraced as he embraced the attempted dagger of an onside kick from Belichick.  In that moment, the tables turned on the coaching equilibrium in the AFC East.  McDermott had his team prepared and they made New England pay instantly on the scoreboard and ultimately with the game and their season falling hopelessly away from them.  It was an foolish coaching decision, an unforced error by the Pats, based in fear and desperation.  McDermott and his team caused them to go there.  And he had his team prepared to make the Pats pay for it with their season.  

I like being on this side of the equation.  I like winning the close ones.  I like causing the heartbreak for a change.  I'm getting comfortable with it.  Why can't so many of you enjoy this?    Trust the process folks.

Wow we recovered an onside kick.  McD Coach of the Year!!!!!!😜

We get it the Bills won & I'm happy with a 6-2 record.  Not happy how they've got there.

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We get it the Bills won & I'm happy with a 6-2 record.  Not happy how they've got there.

I'm not convinced that you do get it.  Being prepared and forcing breaks that turn pivotal moments in your favor is how you get to success.  We should be very happy with that.  It's how most successful teams transform 3-5 or 4-4 mediocrities into 6-2 winners.  I'll leave you with a quote from a Hall of Fame coach and then call it a day.  Go Bills!

"Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners." – Joe Gibbs, former Washington Redskins head coach and three-time Super Bowl champion.

34 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

When playing a team as wounded & weak in every aspect of the game as the Pats were yesterday, and the game decided by a last minute fumpble when the Pats were at the Bill 20, then yes it is the coaching.  

The Pats on top of everything were also missing their best receiver Edelman & the DPOY Gilmore.  

I'm looking for specific examples where we were outcoached. Can't just say it without backing it up...plus we won the game which is difficult to tell from comments here

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm looking for specific examples where we were outcoached. Can't just say it without backing it up...plus we won the game which is difficult to tell from comments here

I didn't like how we went into cover 3 when we took the 7 point lead.  The drive before they completed like 2 passes and we were worried with like 9 minutes left.  Hell, they were still running the ball with 2 minutes left.  

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

Anytime the much, much better team struggles to win a game that comes down to the last second, you were outcoached.

If the Bills were playing any other team with a 2-4 record yesterday not named the NE Pats (missing their #1 receiver & DPOY), the point spread probably would have been Bills +7.

But yes I thank Belichek for the on-side kick, which probably was the saving grace yesterday.