Completely out coached again.

jamiezzz

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the Bills have the forth best record in the NFL right now.

Personnel to be a top offense? look I like our guys but Brown and Beasley are 3 to 5 on depth chart playing only 3rd down empty set WR on most top offenses. Gosh watch Seattle or Pittsburgh or Atlanta or Arizona or Cleveland or Tampa or Dallas or LA Rams or ...I can keep going 

Diggs is your bonafide legit NFL starting WR. The other dudes are clearly overachieving on this team, but let’s not pretend they are dominant studs.

We were one of the top offenses, so clearly we have the ability to be one. I don't think any one of the teams you mentioned is necessarily better at WR than we are. The difference is that we were scheming guys open for the first 4 games and now that other teams have figured out our routes we haven't adjusted.

4 minutes ago, FLFan said:

No one is blind to the shortcomings of the team.  This “insight” does not make you special, so get over yourself.  

Oh sorry, you must have missed half of the posters in this thread defending the shortcomings of the coaching.

Edited by MPT

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

We were one of the top offenses, so clearly we have the ability to be one. I don't think any one of the teams you mentioned is necessarily better at WR than we are. The difference is that we were scheming guys open for the first 4 games and now that other teams have figured out our routes we haven't adjusted.

Oh sorry, you must have missed half of the posters in this thread defending the shortcomings of the team.

Not my fault if you don’t understand what you are reading.  

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Myself personally, I'm real happy with our WR's. 

Upgrade on our TE position on the other hand wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Nasty weather has played a big part lately and is only going to get worse...

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MPT said:

Do you think Ford and Morse could have turned the offense we saw today into a super bowl contender? What about last week? 

We saw this team's offensive potential in weeks 1-4. We got Moss back but we're still wallowing around on offense the past 4 weeks. Clearly we have the personnel to be a top offense, so why are we struggling so much if not for coaching?

the Kc game and the game today were in terrible conditions. Most teams fail to pass well when it’s windy, rainy and cold.  It’s a fact. 

The titans were the first team to play soft zone the entire game.  It was the teams first look at it.  Two turnover leading to 2 tds were the back breakers.  

we moved the ball vs the jets.  9 drives finishing past the jets 30.  

we’re going through some growing pains right now.  We did a great job of pounding the rock today.  Not sure if it’s due to NE’s awful front 7 or because our OL is coming around (Mongos return).  Either way, hopefully we can Continue to run the ball which will open up our pass game again.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Not my fault if you don’t understand what you are reading.  

Dude, this thread is specifically criticizing the coaching. Some people are in agreement, others are defending the coaching. If you are in the latter group, then you are- by definition- blind to their shortcomings. Unless they have no shortcomings, of course. Do you think they have no shortcomings?

Edited by MPT

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

the Kc game and the game today were in terrible conditions. Most teams fail to pass well when it’s windy, rainy and cold.  It’s a fact. 

The titans were the first team to play soft zone the entire game.  It was the teams first look at it.  Two turnover leading to 2 tds were the back breakers.  

we moved the ball vs the jets.  9 drives finishing past the jets 30.  

we’re going through some growing pains right now.  We did a great job of pounding the rock today.  Not sure if it’s due to NE’s awful front 7 or because our OL is coming around (Mongos return).  Either way, hopefully we can Continue to run the ball which will open up our pass game again.  

No argument about the run game improving. I think Feliciano makes a big difference. With respect to the KC game, they had more than double our total yards. It wasn't both teams struggling to move the ball in bad weather.

Just now, MPT said:

No argument about the run game improving. I think Feliciano makes a big difference. With respect to the KC game, they had more than double our total yards. It wasn't both teams struggling to move the ball in bad weather.

the only thing is, was it because our line is improving or because the pats front 7 is inept.  I looked at their depth chart yesterday and was in awe.  Winovich, guy, Cowart, Simon, Bentley (who is TERRIBLE), Jennings and Calhoun. That has to be the worst front 7 in football right now.  

I've now read through most of this thread and still can't find a coherent argument why the coaching was bad.

35 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How anyone watching this game is not shaking their heads and wondering about the Bills coaching has their head in the sand.

McD was terrible today.

Let's see. We can't stop anyone regardless of how we scheme. Case and point: we load up the box vs. Tenn and get destroyed in coverage and then we flood the secondary vs. KC and give up 300 yards on the ground. 

What do you do when your defense can't get off the field? Control the clock. We had 38 rushing attempts today and a bunch of clock killing drives. We rotated all our DL guys through and they all got blown off the LOS. What exactly are we supposed to do? 

Bills had strong defenses the last three years and an anemic offense, so we we use draft, trade, and FA to fix the offense. Clearly we need to upgrade some spots in our front seven but anyone who claims they knew we'd go from top 3 to bottom 3 just because we didn't replace Star is full of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

the only thing is, was it because our line is improving or because the pats front 7 is inept.  I looked at their depth chart yesterday and was in awe.  Winovich, guy, Cowart, Simon, Bentley (who is TERRIBLE), Jennings and Calhoun. That has to be the worst front 7 in football right now.  

Also no argument there. That's part of the reason I'm still not sold on this coaching staff being up to the task of tougher opponents.

17 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I've now read through most of this thread and still can't find a coherent argument why the coaching was bad.

Let's see. We can't stop anyone regardless of how we scheme. Case and point: we load up the box vs. Tenn and get destroyed in coverage and then we flood the secondary vs. KC and give up 300 yards on the ground. 

What do you do when your defense can't get off the field? Control the clock. We had 38 rushing attempts today and a bunch of clock killing drives. We rotated all our DL guys through and they all got blown off the LOS. What exactly are we supposed to do? 

Bills had strong defenses the last three years and an anemic offense, so we we use draft, trade, and FA to fix the offense. Clearly we need to upgrade some spots in our front seven but anyone who claims they knew we'd go from top 3 to bottom 3 just because we didn't replace Star is full of it. 

You answered your own question in the last sentence. No player, or lack thereof, can account for the drop-off. It's because other teams know how to attack us now and we have no response. The same is true for the drop-off in offense from the first four games to the last four.

Did you miss the part where Bill Belichick kicked a Field Goal on third and 1, from about the 15 yard line, with 12 seconds still on the clock, which is MORE than enough time to take a shot at the end zone?

Is that who "outcoached" us today?

You play to win the game. Our coaching staff won the game. End of story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Did you miss the part where Bill Belichick kicked a Field Goal on third and 1, from about the 15 yard line, with 12 seconds still on the clock, which is MORE than enough time to take a shot at the end zone?

Is that who "outcoached" us today?

You play to win the game. Our coaching staff won the game. End of story.

What, exactly, did the coaching staff do to win the game? Looked like our game plan was to abandon the strength of our passing game, let a horrible offense score 21 points, then have Zimmer make a last second miraculous play.

47 minutes ago, MPT said:

Dude, this thread is specifically criticizing the coaching. Some people are in agreement, others are defending the coaching. If you are in the latter group, then you are- by definition- blind to their shortcomings. Unless they have no shortcomings, of course. Do you think they have no shortcomings?

I am on record in this thread as saying that the  premise of the OP is perhaps the dumbest thing I have heard all day.  The Bills were not out coached today.  They won the game.  They anticipated what  NE  was planning to do and had an appropriate  game plan.  They were ready for the completely idiotic onside kick. They dared Cam Newton to beat them and he could not.    This does not mean they are not subject to some criticism. We do not live in a black and white world. I hope this helps clarify things for you.  

3 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

McD needs fires. 

He lives in Buffalo ......that shouldn't be a problem ;)

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

4 Packs Large Matches 250 Count Strike on Box Fire Starter 1000 Matches Lot

He can start 250 of them. Just don't go out west, they have their own.

Fires? or Matches ?

I heard the prefer fireworks ;)

8 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I am on record in this thread as saying that the  premise of the OP is perhaps the dumbest thing I have heard all day.  The Bills were not out coached today.  They won the game.  They anticipated what  NE  was planning to do and had an appropriate  game plan.  They were ready for the completely idiotic onside kick. They dared Cam Newton to beat them and he could not.    This does not mean they are not subject to some criticism. We do not live in a black and white world. I hope this helps clarify things for you. 

Some posters seem to be unable to ascertain the difference of a game plan and the execution of said game plan.