Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, BillsMafia13 said:

It must be a heavy burden knowing you’re so much smarter than everyone. If you aren’t concerned with his play the last couple weeks I envy your blissful ignorance 

Perhaps it would be a better strategy for a discussion board, to explain what you see in Allen's play that leads you to describe him as "terrible", rather than assailing the guy you're responding to with cracks about "blissful ignorance" and being "so much smarter than everyone"?

Specifics, please, and not just throwing out a number (passer rating) that has been widely criticized as "broken".

8 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

this Judy chick is an idiot. The patriots are on a 4 game skid with no playmakers and their bye in the rear-view mirror. I'd be pretty shocked if they made the playoffs.

I think she’s buried the Cheatriots. More talking about the Bills v Fish and Miami’s must win @ Orchard Park at Season’s end.

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would love to know if anyone asked Gabe Davis or anyone else about that dropped TD— ie, whether the wind affected that ball, etc. 

NO S! Cost me the Cover!!! 🤬

Now, where have I seen that before? Oh yeah...

HERE!

https://youtu.be/ezJ5zWBqhSk

And most appropriately- HERE!

Ronnie Freakin’ Harmon! 

9 minutes ago, syhuang said:

Surprise this is something could happen to a Belichick's team in a game, let alone two straight weeks.

I distinctly remember the Bills have 10 men on the punt team twice.  Ran a player on late both times.

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

I distinctly remember the Bills have 10 men on the punt team twice.  Ran a player on late both times.

I'm pretty sure it's not the case. Both times the gunner was called and moved from outside to inside to help blocking after Pats moved one player inside first.

Just now, syhuang said:

I'm pretty sure it's not the case. Both times the gunner was called and moved from outside to inside to help blocking after Pats moved one player inside first.

Ahh..  That makes perfect sense.  Could only see what the camera was focused on, which was the line.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps it would be a better strategy for a discussion board, to explain what you see in Allen's play that leads you to describe him as "terrible", rather than assailing the guy you're responding to with cracks about "blissful ignorance" and being "so much smarter than everyone"?

Specifics, please, and not just throwing out a number (passer rating) that has been widely criticized as "broken".

Considering that response to him saying I sound dumb, I’m content with with my answer and reasoning. I don’t have specifics, but JA and the entire offense had looked terrible the last 2 weeks against terrible teams. The last 4 weeks have looked bad. I don’t need statistics to see if we continue this level of play against Seattle we’re gonna get rag dolled. 

33 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Considering that response to him saying I sound dumb, I’m content with with my answer and reasoning. I don’t have specifics, but JA and the entire offense had looked terrible the last 2 weeks against terrible teams. The last 4 weeks have looked bad. I don’t need statistics to see if we continue this level of play against Seattle we’re gonna get rag dolled. 

You have no idea what the response to him was.  Don't assume.  But to be honest, just saying "Allen looked terrible" without providing any specifics or observations to back up your claim does sound kinda dumb to me too.  Just in general, blanket statements like  "Player X sucks" or "Player Y is terrible" don't demonstrate a high level of football intelligence or observational savvy.  It's not to say the person making those statements may not POSSESS same, but they aren't SHOWING it, and the board would be a pretty boring place if everyone did likewise.

I thought Allen looked overall solid the last 2 weeks.  He missed pulling the trigger on some open throws, but he also showed much improved patience with the short passing game against the Jets and much improved ability to check into and out of the right run play for the job against NE.  Those are parts of his QB vocabulary that he has to develop.  It's not on him that the NJ turf monster in swallowed Kroft on a wide-open path to the EZ or that two sure Davis TDs didn't stay on the board (one drop, one penalty).  He had the ball in his hands rushing a lot - 11x vs the Jets and 10x vs NE, and his only fumble was a strip-sack where 9 out of 10 QB would have coughed it up.  His only pick was evidently a miscommunication with his #1 WR.

Repeating the same thing over and over and over again without new information or new argument is called "crusading".   It may pass as reasoning to you. It may satisfy you.  But it's not allowed here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would love to know if anyone asked Gabe Davis or anyone else about that dropped TD— ie, whether the wind affected that ball, etc. 

The answer from him would probably be " I should have caught the football."

The wind looked like it did push the football off to the right a little from the camera angle they gave us IMO.

Davis and Diggs are probably both looking to atone for the Pats game.

QB's doing his job...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

The answer from him would probably be " I should have caught the football."

The wind looked like it did push the football off to the right a little from the camera angle they gave us IMO.

Did you see the Raider's FG attempt in Cleveland yesterday?  Crazy wind.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Did you see the Raider's FG attempt in Cleveland yesterday?  Crazy wind.

Like it ran into an invisible wall.

Allen eluded to the conditions on the field yesterday. Mentioned that on days like that you have to be able to run the ball.

I saw that pass to Davis leave his hand then it almost looked like it was tipped by the wind.

28 minutes ago, wjag said:

Does anyone know how Morse got concussed yesterday?  There were no replays to show what happened to him.  Knee to the head????

I am wondering the same thing...would like to see the replay.

The Pats are not the Jets, and dont think Belichick's boy would stoop to targeting a player, but trust and verify as they say.

Morse's concussions are not exactly a secret.

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You have no idea what the response to him was.  Don't assume.  But to be honest, just saying "Allen looked terrible" without providing any specifics or observations to back up your claim does sound kinda dumb to me too.  Just in general, blanket statements like  "Player X sucks" or "Player Y is terrible" don't demonstrate a high level of football intelligence or observational savvy.  It's not to say the person making those statements may not POSSESS same, but they aren't SHOWING it, and the board would be a pretty boring place if everyone did likewise.

I thought Allen looked overall solid the last 2 weeks.  He missed pulling the trigger on some open throws, but he also showed much improved patience with the short passing game against the Jets and much improved ability to check into and out of the right run play for the job against NE.  Those are parts of his QB vocabulary that he has to develop.  It's not on him that the NJ turf monster in swallowed Kroft on a wide-open path to the EZ or that two sure Davis TDs didn't stay on the board (one drop, one penalty).  He had the ball in his hands rushing a lot - 11x vs the Jets and 10x vs NE, and his only fumble was a strip-sack where 9 out of 10 QB would have coughed it up.  His only pick was evidently a miscommunication with his #1 WR.

Repeating the same thing over and over and over again without new information or new argument is called "crusading".   It may pass as reasoning to you. It may satisfy you.  But it's not allowed here.

Hey man you seem lost with whatever insult responses you’re talking about but I’ll digress. I don’t need to explain a thing to you or anyone, feel free to ignore and move on when I express my displeasure with a player. Josh was setting records the first 2 weeks and has stalled on offense the last 4. I don’t need an excel sheet to confirm that and I don’t need an equation to make you happy. Talk about a crusade it’s just a football not trying to split an atom. I’m not shouting doom from a bell tower my observation was he/the team have not played well recently. I hope you don’t police everyone who doesn’t write out everything 

Edited by BillsMafia13
Spelling

On 11/2/2020 at 1:33 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Regardless of the outcome today I would like to

effectively apologize, I have become what I disdain the most which is a dummy with a wrong opinion. . I clearly know nothing about the bills or football so apologies and go bills 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Regardless of the outcome today I would like to

effectively apologize, I have become what I disdain the most which is a dummy with a wrong opinion. . I clearly know nothing about the bills or football so apologies and go bills 

I would not go so far as that last, but the gracious apology is appreciatively accepted.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1