Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

30 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Another win. This team is going to win the division. Learn to love it, Debbies.

Klein is awful though, I agree. Multiple visible plays where he was clearly too slow and overmatched. Darron Lee addition continues to make sense but need more at LB.

I hope Lee is active. We need his speed. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That onside kick was a terrible and desperate decision by Belichick. 

4d loser chess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Maybe the least satisfying victory ever for me as a fan. 
I think part of it is me coming to terms with some things.

i question McDermott’s football IQ. Belichick wanted a close game, McDermott could never take advantage of having a superior QB and Wide Receivers. This game should not of been close. Glad to win but think we seem to always like to make it way harder than it needs to be. 

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I hate to admit it, but I feel you may be right...maybe I'm still a bit emotional after the game, but in my heart I feel we'd have a real tough time beating the Steelers, Ravens even though they just lost(but both losses were to the two best teams in the NFL), Chiefs, Titans...it can certainly happen. When our offense is clickin, I believe we can score on anybody.  I just don't see our D makin enough stops....

I really, really, really hope we get this turned around, and quickly.  Being the resident TBD rainbow sunshine and lollipops optimist, I still don't see it happening, not with so many missing pieces and injuries...this may be something that won't be able to be addressed until the off-season. 

Yea, my heart says the same thing. Watching teams like the Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens, Titans, they just seem like a tier above us. It sucks but I don't think our defensive front seven is stout enough. 

Who knows, maybe the team will sort it out as the season unfolds. That's the best I have. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Things to do: 

AJ Klein needs to be thrown into the Niagara River 

Just make sure he actually gets thrown - if you leave it to him he'd run right at it and somehow miss

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Muppy said:

our running game with Mondo back was stout enough and even without Morse Im happy with Moss and Singletarys effort and the OL's too as far as that goes. They in fact IMO should have run the ball MORE especially in the first half

Im all about running, but we need all the WRs to step up not just a couple.

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Maybe the least satisfying victory ever for me as a fan. 
I think part of it is me coming to terms with some things.

i question McDermott’s football IQ. Belichick wanted a close game, McDermott could never take advantage of having a superior QB and Wide Receivers. This game should not of been close. Glad to win but think we seem to always like to make it way harder than it needs to be. 

In the past I would feel sorry for you.  I don't feel that way for anyone who thinks that anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Zimmer Hughes and Oliver came to play today

edmunds and Klein once again were horrible. Milano had a rough game also 

Completely agree. Please stop forcing Ed to play 1T.  Please hide Edmunds somewhere on the outside. Please play Zimmer more and Harry / Klein less. And just bury Winters at the bottom of the depth chart. Milano was off today and probably injury related. 

17 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Happy to win but we have to be honest with ourselves here, this team has a bunch of flaws. Unfortunately, I don't believe we can compete with the premier teams in the AFC.

there are 3-4 elite teams in the AFC and then a whole bunch at the next tier. That next tier (where the Bills are) are like a full 14 to

21-points behind the elite teams. Just look at when the 5-3 Browns try to play the Steelers or ravens, or the 6-2 Bills try to play the chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

The Ravens would run for 400 yards against them. It's a huge problem, though maybe with a healthy Wallace and Milano in future games, they can commit more to stopping it.  

The run defense will only massively or at least significantly improve if the Bills get a true one tech by Tuesday. The team is getting gutted up the middle over and over again. 

11 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I dunno. The run blocking was much better today. Could just be Mongo's return but I have always thought Morse was more athletic than strong on the run. 

That's an interesting take and not the first time I've heard that around here.  You might be right but I'd imagine you would want a combination of Morse and Mongo in the starting lineup. 

We started 6-2 last year. There was so much discussion this offseason about the cake schedule, and how much harder this one is. 

We are 6-2 again. This schedule is about as hard as it gets in the NFL. A tough stretch is still to come, but Rams-Raiders-Titans-Chiefs, complete with COVID schedule issues, was almost as tough as this coming one IMO. 

Again, this year's schedule was far harder, and we are 6-2. I'm worried about obvious holes. Most teams do the same. 

I am thrilled that we gutted the Patriots in a close game at the end, like they did to us so many times. 

• Like (+1) 5

Division games are always tough.

It seems both teams decided this was going to be a knock down drag out old school game of football before the ball was even rolled out there today. 

What killed me however was the Davis drop. 

The points and the control hurt - but it makes such a huge difference in having to read some of the garbage takes on here.  If davis catches that, its another offensive TD, 4 more points, and the last drive has a totally different feel/goal. It was the difference in putting it out of reach or at least being in control and having to listen to a certian crowd whine about how we should have crushed them. My god, any win over the Pats is great. Should it have been by more? Under perfect circumstances yes. But a lot about today wasnt perfect. Context is important. IMO, THAT is why the Davis drop sucked...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Pats are not what they were and Buffalo has some flaws but there was one key thing that I noticed.    There were a few plays such as Zimmer forcing Newton's fumble and Maketevich recovering the surprise on-sides that made enough difference to eek out the win.

There were many close losses against the Pats over the last twenty years where the boards would speculate "If they only stopped them here, if they only made that first down, if they only etc... we would have won.   This time, we were able to make those "if they only did this" plays and instead New England suffered the "billsy" loss.

This is a team that dealt with a record playoff drought and a winning culture does not happen overnight.  6-2 despite many flaws is an accomplishment and I am hoping that moments like this can help the Bills get to the next level.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

We started 6-2 last year. There was so much discussion this offseason about the cake schedule, and how much harder this one is. 

We are 6-2 again. This schedule is about as hard as it gets in the NFL. A tough stretch is still to come, but Rams-Raiders-Titans-Chiefs, complete with COVID schedule issues, was almost as tough as this coming one IMO. 

Again, this year's schedule was far harder, and we are 6-2. I'm worried about obvious holes. Most teams do the same. 

I am thrilled that we gutted the Patriots in a close game at the end, like they did to us so many times. 

Very good points. Very level headed points. 

Thank you for using what seems to be ever elusive logic on this board.