Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

No Brady, no Gilmore, no Edelman, all the missing pieces on Defense... That’s not progress.  That’s not taking a step toward being a legitimate playoff team.  Isn’t that what this year is about?  They’re not going anywhere playing like this.  They aren’t gaining any ground on the elite teams.  Is that win really a reason to celebrate?   

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He knew he was going to have to try something to get his team going. I think he had more faith in the Bills defense than he should have or he was just not sure if Josh could be stopped by his defense. 

The wind may have factored into that decision as well. Belichick makes a few of those oddball calls a season though. Without Brady they don’t seem to work out as often. 

Just now, ngbills said:

You can do what you want with it. I’m happy we won. But I’m not celebrating in the streets. We should have kicked the crap out of them. We look soft. Bottom line. I want more than beating bad teams. 

Again, you are clueless about football. This was Season do or die. It was against their biggest threat in the Division. They played their hearts out to keep playoff hopes alive in terrible weather. They lost. Unfortunately, you’ve shown you’re incapable of doing what you want with it. Over and over and over and over and...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

I am happy the Bills won.  What worries me is how inefficient Josh has been over the last month.    With the Dolphins coming on and the schedule we have down the back stretch he has to start playing better or you're looking at 9-7, 10-6. 

I agree.  But the biggest improvement needed on this team down the stretch is on the other side of the ball.

We'll take the win, but man......this team is in desperate need of a dominant 1-tech DT.  That 1 piece alone would make the entire defense better.

Beane has a couple days to make it happen.  Really hope he is able to find a beast up front. 

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I have never been angrier after a win than I am today.  Heck I really can't recall a time when I was more than perturbed after a win, but today I'm quite pissed. 

Thank God for the W.  It puts us squarely in the driver's seat to clinch the division, so yay for that, especially with the schedule shifting to the major leagues from here on out.  

That defensive performance today was straight crap for the most part, and what has me so damn pissed is Frazier and McDermott's lack of adjustment...while I do consider Bellicheck one of the greatest ever, I give him no credit for what the Pats were able to do to us offensively, I more consider it a colossal failure by Frazier and McDermott to have this defense prepared and up to the MODEST challenge to stop an offense that before today was well below average AND missing key starters on that side of the ball.  Yet they made Cam Newton and a bunch of no names look like a well oiled offensive machine.  And had Zimmer not saved the day, I have absolutely ZERO doubt that the Patriots would've scored a touchdown on that drive.  I would bet my life savings on it.

Frazier, IMO, needs to go.  And McDermott needs to step up to the podium and man up and answer some questions about why this team is so ill-prepared on defense, why it is playing so damn soft, and why it appears, when it matters most, we can't stop ANYONE. A defense playing with no heart is a direct reflection of it's head coach IMO.

Sorry for the rant guys. This one's gonna take a minute to digest....and I still can't believe I'm saying this after a win.

I think they overestimated the defensive talent level.  The DL is lacking talent and the already paper-thin LB group is depleted by injuries.

Harrison Phillips had some plays today- maybe he is getting right after his knee injury.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

We'll be dogs to both Seattle and Arizona, but those are both winnable games.  Sitting here right now, with both of those games left to be played, a split is probably the most likely outcome.

Our travel schedule will make those games a challenge.   We travel  back and forth t o the pacific time zone every other week for a month.

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Again, you are clueless about football. This was Season do or die. It was against their biggest threat in the Division. They played their hearts out to keep playoff hopes alive in terrible weather. They lost. Unfortunately, you’ve shown you’re incapable of doing what you want with it. Over and over and over and over and...

Dude. The Pats are gonna be 4-12. I’m clueless? Do or die? The Pats know they have no chance this year. 
I want the Bills competing for the super bowl. Not beating a 4-12 Pats team to be my measure of success. 
yes it’s great we best the pats. But they suck. We did not look like the better team. They walk away laughing at us if we really think that was impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

We'll take the win, but man......this team is in desperate need of a dominant 1-tech DT.  That 1 piece alone would make the entire defense better.

Beane has a couple days to make it happen.  Really hope he is able to find a beast up front. 

This team has been many players away before. Ill take needing a couple dudes on D.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think people criticizing the D are missing the most important thing that happened in the second half: the Pats consistently picked up the blitz on passing plays, and the bills were blitzing relentlessly. It worked in the first half, but the Pats’ blockers did a fantastic job in the second half. It rescued their drives and allowed them to carry on. 

Also,, anyone who ever thought this would be easy given the history is crazy.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1