Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Terrible win but I'll take it! 

No such thing as a "terrible" win in my opinion.

A win is a win, doesn't matter how.  6-2 we had 2 convincing win, 3 so so wins, and a close game win against the Pats.  

Edited by CaliBills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We had the right, patient game plan for this team with our suspect defense.

We were a missed catch and a missed communication on a route away from pulling away.

With this D it was a good game plan and a win is a win.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

We beat a really bad team in the least convincing way imaginable.

4-0, MVP Josh remains a thing of the past.

Did little to help our point differential.

Outlook is not positive.

Josh is not the problem, it was about our run game until today and our defense not being stout enough. Those are the problems that need fixing, josh cant do it all and is why he has struggled because he was getting no help when teams shut down the deep ball. 

style points mean squat winning does in the NFL I'll take it..noone cares how pretty it was an the end of the season people heck yes this is a happy win as IF Im going to be down after beating the stinking pats"

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I would not give up future assets to try to plug holes.  This team is not good enough to be a threat in the playoffs- if they even get there.

Agreed.   The process has blown a tire, though, with Edmonds failure to be effective, let alone the centerpiece of this defense....

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

We're not going anywhere with this Defense. It started in Houston last year and hasn't improved since. They can't stop anyone! Did you see the team NE threw out there today? Possibly even worse than the Jets last week. 

The defense is 3-4 pieces away from being a contending defense. They need a true one tech, better LB play, a dominant edge rusher, and a CB opposite Tre. 

The Bills don't have the cap space nor assets to make a trade for all the parts needed. However I think even just getting a true one tech would help and not be inexpensive.

Just adding one more piece to the defense would help. They can get healthy and coach up a bit more during the bye in a few weeks but they need to find a one tech to help out. 

• Like (+1) 3