Gameday Thread PreGame Week 8 Bills vs Patriots

Chandler#81

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

A huge key to this game is Tremaine Edmunds, Belichek in the past has proven he can effectively neutralize him.  If Edmunds hits the wrong gaps, jumps on misdirection etc it could be a very very long day of them pounding our brains out running.  To me Edmunds and how he performs today is a key.

I hope McD knows this and will have Leslie draw up calls accordingly. We've beaten this horse dead, and Edmunds is who he is. We've seen his flashes and his bone-headed mind numbing flaws....it's time for the staff to capitalize on his strengths and limit chances to be exposed. I wouldn't be surprised to see running game stunts and blitzes. I expect NE to run a lot of play action, zone reads, RPO, etc. so giving Edmunds a specific assignment ahead of time and relying on the secondary to clean up behind him could help to put Edmunds into a successful position and not allow BB to take advantage of his 49's flaws.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We can spin it any way we want...fact still remains that as a top pick he is not considered good enough to dress..

Does not bother me in the least.  No spin - he is what we thought - a mid 2nd round pick that plays limited snaps and was drafted to be a replacement for next year.

If he is still on the bench next year - then I will be worried.  This year was always about preparing him for the future.  Anything else you get this year is great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rashod Berry played DE last year at Ohio state. I’m not saying he can’t play TE. But he really couldn’t get on the field at that position consistently

That's interesting. All the sites I looked at have him as a TE but the few snaps he has taken for NE* are on D and ST.

I wondering if NE* uses an OT as a TE today?

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

But how many 2nd round picks are not dressing? I could understand if we were stacked at the position, but we’re not...that’s all I’m sayin’

Have you actually looked? Davidson in Atlanta isn’t playing much (injured now though) , Matos in Carolina, Okwara in Detroit (hurt now)

Those guys are inactive and not playing a ton of snaps either. 

Edited by Rc2catch

You know everyone expects it to be a run game but belichick knows this too. Josh is going to have to rip it in this weather a few times. Maybe daboll will get him comfortable with some easy ones. This is why we drafted a cannon armed qb. Pats are going to be more one dimensional than we are imo

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

A huge key to this game is Tremaine Edmunds, Belichek in the past has proven he can effectively neutralize him.  If Edmunds hits the wrong gaps, jumps on misdirection etc it could be a very very long day of them pounding our brains out running.  To me Edmunds and how he performs today is a key.

Unfortunately over the past few weeks Edumunds has been able to effectively neutralize himself.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There were 2 or 3 Moss runs last week that really reminded me of (Bills) Marshawn Lynch. I would really like to see him get a game today if 20-25 carries just to see what’s what.

And would like to see him behind Feliciano....could see that as a good power running combo.

• Like (+1) 1