Looks like Levi Wallace is back and Dane is brought up from the PS per Bills notification

Don Otreply

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I mean do you even have functioning eyeballs? Have you seen this team play a decent game in the last three games? 

I'm all for positivity but statements like this make us look foolish as a fan base.

That being said I hope you are right.

"Foolish as a fan base" ?  Someone has personal identity problem!!

35 minutes ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Strong winds and rain don't bode well for the passing game or a Bills blowout win. Turnovers will likely tell the story in this game.

When we've won, we've won because of our passing game.  That was clearly true the first four victories and at least partially true during the Jets game.  (Against the Jets, the D finally did their share - while our 6 scoring drives were primarily a function of our passing attack).   When the only thing you're doing right - passing the ball - is going to be erased by the weather, you're in trouble.

But are we really?  I haven't seen enough of Josh in bad weather games to really get a feel for his ability to handle wind and rain.  But if anyone can sling  a ball through the gales of Orchard Park, it's Josh.  

Fingers crossed.  

• Like (+1) 1

Cornerback is in better shape than it's been for a while.  Given the weather, Cam's struggles and the weakness of the Patriot receiver group, New England doesn't have much chance to mount an effective passing attack.  That's good news.  With the passing game It's going to get New England's weakness against Buffalo's strength.  On the other side of the LOS it will be Buffalo's strength against New England's strength in the passing game.  However, Gilmore is out, New England's secondary will not be at full strength, so if Josh Allen can throw in Sunday's wind at all, it could mean an advantage for Buffalo. 

The running game is much tougher to figure.  New England has been great and they've been terrible running the ball.  Buffalo has been generally mediocre running the ball except for Josh Allen, but they did show signs of life versus the Jets last week.  On defense, New England hasn't been very good versus the run, and have been especially vulnerable on the edge.  Buffalo has been erratic on defense versus the run.  They've been terrible at times, and pretty good at times.   I guess it depends on who shows up.

Stop the run, put a spy on Cam for the entire game, and make Newton beat you with his arm. He's down Edelman and Harry so I like our chances today. Josh just needs to take what the defense gives him and we need to protect the football on offense. Today is a big test for Bass today as well  with the weather. Not a perfect game, but a 27-13 win for the Bills. 

11 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Cornerback is in better shape than it's been for a while.  Given the weather, Cam's struggles and the weakness of the Patriot receiver group, New England doesn't have much chance to mount an effective passing attack.  That's good news.  With the passing game It's going to get New England's weakness against Buffalo's strength.  On the other side of the LOS it will be Buffalo's strength against New England's strength in the passing game.  However, Gilmore is out, New England's secondary will not be at full strength, so if Josh Allen can throw in Sunday's wind at all, it could mean an advantage for Buffalo. 

The running game is much tougher to figure.  New England has been great and they've been terrible running the ball.  Buffalo has been generally mediocre running the ball except for Josh Allen, but they did show signs of life versus the Jets last week.  On defense, New England hasn't been very good versus the run, and have been especially vulnerable on the edge.  Buffalo has been erratic on defense versus the run.  They've been terrible at times, and pretty good at times.   I guess it depends on who shows up.

Agreed it depends on who shows up. 

But that goes for Cam too. His first two or three games he was really sharp throwing the ball. Then his COVID layoff and he got worse. But Simms points out that nearly every season he's had a game or two or three when his mechanics get bad and he has problem but then he has shown the ability to make corrections and improve a lot very quickly. So it depends which Newton shows up as well.

I hadn't known till yesterday that Harry wasn't playing. With both Harry and Edelman out that really is going to help us. But if anyone can scheme guys open off bunch formations and rub routes and such, it's Belichick and the Pats.

I think we've got a good chance but I'm not outright confident. I'll need to see the stake through the heart, the silver bullet, the head injury to the zombie.