CB Daryl Worley visiting Bills *Signed 11/3 [Mod Edited]

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

He was unresponsive in his car back in 2018 and tased and arrested. 

I kind of remember my 20s too...a couple police reports help fill in the blanks.  Everybody does dumb ***** when they are young.

Edited by Lagoon Blues

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

That’s certainly debatable. Mario Addison and Daryl Williams have been great for us this year

What about the other 10 strikeouts? And Addison being great is not accurate.  He’s serviceable but nothing spectacular and has not played up to his salary.

4 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

What about the other 10 strikeouts? And Addison being great is not accurate.  He’s serviceable but nothing spectacular and has not played up to his salary.

Well that’s just like, your opinion man. Every body seems to say this miss Star this year (I’m sure you don’t though because of your narrative). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Could it be that the ex-Panther defenders are familiar with the scheme that the Bills use?  If that’s the case then you’re looking at a much shorter learning curve.   The really good players we would like to see signed aren’t home setting on the couch, they’re already on a team somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

I'm not saying Worley is going to Revis Island or anything, but I'll trust the judgement of McD and Beane over some random and often clueless message boarders. If they think he helps the team, then sign him!

Exactly. 

I love the AJ Klein signing

• Haha (+1) 1

I have no problem with them taking a look at Worley or Poe.  The reason that they are looking at Worley is that we are thin at CB due to injury and he's a CB with experience who is now available.  Yes, they know him and he may know the system better because he's an ex-Panther, but it's not like they are offering draft picks to anyone to trade for a guy like this.  I don't see the problem.  If we sign him and he doesn't work out for us, we release him.  If he can play a little bit, he provides some much needed depth.  It's pretty simple.

14 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Well that’s just like, your opinion man. Every body seems to say this miss Star this year (I’m sure you don’t though because of your narrative). 

Let’s look at all the ex panthers that have been signed by Beane.  You tell me which ones were good signings:

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

DT Star Lotulelei
WR Kaelin Clay
DT Robert Thomas
OL Jeremiah Sirles
QB Derek Anderson

S Kurt Coleman
CB Captain Munnerlyn

CB Josh Norman
DT Vernon Butler
LB A.J. Klein
EDGE Mario Addison

OL Daryl Williams 

I count 1 good signing, and 2 decent signings and 18 WTF signings.

• Like (+1) 2

Bills personnel meetings:

Recently fired Scout A: I hear Yannick is available. I think we should we take a look.

Director: What year was in Carolina? 

Recently fired Scout A: He wasn't. 

Director: What is wrong with you. Why are you wasting my time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I mean I guess they were looking for the same kind of guys they’d be looking for now? Still... starts to feel lazy. Patchers D had their moments, but it definitely fluctuated 

Yes, but with no preseason and limited ability to work guys out, I kind of give them a bit of a pass this season to go with any guys they have gouge on.

1 hour ago, brianthomas said:

Naturally Poe & Worley both are ex Panthers. Its like they're the only guys we look at lol.

When did Darron Lee play for the Panthers?  Corey Liuget?  Jordan Phillips?

I mean, yes, we do look at guys McD and Bean had experience with like Daryl Williams, Dean Marlowe, Andre Smith, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Josh Norman and AJ Klein and I sometimes feel  "wasn't there someone better available?" like it's lazy, especially when they're bigger acquisitions like Addison, Butler, and Klein and are disappointing. 

To be fair, we do look at guys from elsewhere as well (Quinton Jefferson, Tyler Matakavich, Trent Murphy, Brian Winters, Justin Zimmer, Darron Lee, Del'Shawn Phillips).

But yeah I do sometimes feel it's lazy and not for the best.  It does have to be remembered that sometimes with FA, they don't want to sign with Buffalo still, so until we win more consistently the coaches may have to trade a bit on personal relationships to bring guys in.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Let’s look at all the ex panthers that have been signed by Beane.  You tell me which ones were good signings:

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

DT Star Lotulelei
WR Kaelin Clay
DT Robert Thomas
OL Jeremiah Sirles
QB Derek Anderson

S Kurt Coleman
CB Captain Munnerlyn

CB Josh Norman
DT Vernon Butler
LB A.J. Klein
EDGE Mario Addison

OL Daryl Williams 

That list hurt my eyes.

33 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

FB Mike Tolbert
DE Ryan Davis
WR Philly Brown
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Kaelin Clay
QB/ST Joe Webb
WR Kelvin Benjamin
S L.J. McCray
S Dean Marlowe

DT Star Lotulelei
WR Kaelin Clay
DT Robert Thomas
OL Jeremiah Sirles
QB Derek Anderson

S Kurt Coleman
CB Captain Munnerlyn

CB Josh Norman
DT Vernon Butler
LB A.J. Klein
EDGE Mario Addison

OL Daryl Williams 

oh man. That is brutal when you list it like that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Every team does it , look at the Lions and Dolphins ......nice amount of former Patriots. Didn’t Andy Reid bring in a lot of ex Eagles when he took over the Chiefs? Every coach brings in players he’s familiar with, it’s just magnified because we’re Bills fans.

Edited by streetkings01

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Every team does it , look at the Lions and Patriots.......nice amount of former Patriots. Didn’t Andy Reid bring in a lot of ex Eagles when he took over the Chiefs? Every coach brings in players he’s familiar with, it’s just magnified because we’re Bills fans.

It’s magnified because 90% of those players suck (please see list above).