Atlanta DE Harris ejection

2 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

When I saw the replay, I immediately said he’s gone. And he was. It’s an easy call to make. The QB was helpless and going to the ground. A hit wasn’t even necessary. 

Also if you watch the replay, teddy was tripped and falling at the 42 and Harris came from 7 yards away to hit him. He wasn’t “in mid lunge”

Exactly this. I can't believe anyone thinks he shouldn't have been ejected. ***** was dirty as Hell in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I actually watched it a few times and it wasn’t entirely clear that bridgewater was going down. He sort of spun out of the trip and stumbled and I thought he was going to regain his balance. So I can sort or see why the defender kept coming hard. He may have been able to let up, but it seems pretty vague. 

That's exactly what I saw too.

As others have said I'm in favor of more ejections to make the game safer. 15 yards is nothing compared to losing a player to injury for the game or for weeks. 

My concern is that the player that knocked out Andy Dalton in a worse looking hit wasn't ejected while this play which looked less egregious resulted in an ejection. 

Having differing standards of implementation makes it very difficult for players and fans.

Probably the hardest of all judgement calls for the refs. The league is doing everything possible to protect QBs by neutering the aggressiveness of defensive players. Unfortunately in some cases when these players let up in fear of injuring or hitting a QB late the more athletic QBs take advantage like Mahomes did on his okie doke play against the Bills 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Probably the hardest of all judgement calls for the refs. The league is doing everything possible to protect QBs by neutering the aggressiveness of defensive players. Unfortunately in some cases when these players let up in fear of injuring or hitting a QB late the more athletic QBs take advantage like Mahomes did on his okie doke play against the Bills 2 weeks ago.

Defenders are in a really tough spot. But I see running backs and WRs get hammered as they are going down or already down all the time. And that is rarely called.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This

I would like to see more of these ejections.  As it stands, a defender can knock your QB out of the game for the price of 15 yards and stay in, more often than not.

That's not taking these kind of hits seriously.

I don't trust the NFL on anything related to player safety as long as a certain coach within our own division still has a job.  "Kill the head, kill the body."

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This

I would like to see more of these ejections.  As it stands, a defender can knock your QB out of the game for the price of 15 yards and stay in, more often than not.

That's not taking these kind of hits seriously.

...agree and it WAS a good call......

4 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

When I saw the replay, I immediately said he’s gone. And he was. It’s an easy call to make. The QB was helpless and going to the ground. A hit wasn’t even necessary. 

Also if you watch the replay, teddy was tripped and falling at the 42 and Harris came from 7 yards away to hit him. He wasn’t “in mid lunge”

My biggest peeve about the NFL is all the unnecessary hits.  Like blasting a guy going out of bounds when he has his guard down, or trying to blast a guy through the earth who has already down down after a catch and is just waiting to be touched down by contact.