More evidence of Bills being a player friendly organization

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'm excited to see Feliciano back and hope he will be the much needed spark to get the running game rolling again.  There are several articles in the local media right now about him getting back to playing and there was a quote from Feliciano that stood out to me that I think paints the Bills' organization in a very good light.

"I think it's a credit to the coaches and training staff. They didn't rush me back. I was trying to get activated weeks before they did activate me," Feliciano said. "Thankfully they didn't listen to me and kept me safe."

These are the things that induce a free agent to sign with a team.  It's a small League and the word gets out. When McDermott preaches a family atmosphere in Buffalo and to come to Buffalo to become the best version of yourself, this statement from Feliciano shows that it's not all just coach speak, but something that the organization really believes in.  I read that Feliciano was really lobbying to get back on the field for the Raiders game but the Bills wouldn't let him.  

Contrast this situation with the train wreck that is the Jets.  Look at how they handled the Kelechi Osemele shoulder injury situation last year.  Then how the organization handled the Bell, Darnold, and Becton injuries this year.  Night and day difference from how the Bills took care of Feliciano. 

It would be easy to make the argument that the Bills had depth on the O-Line and that gave them the luxury of letting Feliciano come along slowly, but I don't believe that was the reason at all.  I think the Bills were just looking out for Feliciano because they have good people running this program and they simply were not going to put Feliciano back out there until he was ready.  I'm glad that Feliciano recognizes that, and so will everyone else in the locker room.  Just one more indication that we have the right people steering the ship in Buffalo.

Good post OP .....  but ....Come to Buffalo to “become the best version of yourself” - the most feel good overused cliche of 2020, since adopted by McClappy...

8 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

According to at least one guy players don't care about these things.  They would rather play for big market clubs.

Being that every player gets dinged up, it certainly does not hurt a teams reputation that they don’t rush guys back from injury before they have properly healed up.  I suspect it does impact a potential future players decision to some degree. Yes money is the main driver, but being treated as more than a commodity has got to go into the thinking, being most of these guys have wives and children that they are providing for long term. 

18 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

no. do tell

I don’t have facility to pull it out but they were asking him about staying connected with the team and he talked about being with the coaches trying to help out any way he could and then he said something about “staying away from the guys” at times because “with my personality” he’s have just made the situation worse.

Nothing earthshaking but a bit of confirmation that there was some kind of situation, my inference it involved Spain

And of course Jon’s background is a career backup until last year and a guy willing to play “wherever”

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Good post OP .....  but ....Come to Buffalo to “become the best version of yourself” - the most feel good overused cliche of 2020, since adopted by McClappy...

More overused is McClappy and idiotic IMO is that nickname.  Something I would expect from opposing fans.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don’t have facility to pull it out but they were asking him about staying connected with the team and he talked about being with the coaches trying to help out any way he could and then he said something about “staying away from the guys” at times because “with my personality” he’s have just made the situation worse.

Nothing earthshaking but a bit of confirmation that there was some kind of situation, my inference it involved Spain

And of course Jon’s background is a career backup until last year and a guy willing to play “wherever”

nice catch. has to have been drama around Spain, thats the only way it makes sense

The Bills developing a reputation as a high quality organization is good. It will only open up the Bills appeal as a destination for free agents and for existing players to want to stay. Buffalo will likely never be a glamorous market but if the organization presents its self as a winning place that handles its self well players will come.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

nice catch. has to have been drama around Spain, thats the only way it makes sense

That's a big leap of logic, if you ask me. There's nothing to indicate it has anything at all to do with Spain.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

That's a big leap of logic, if you ask me. There's nothing to indicate it has anything at all to do with Spain.

its a leap if you take the feliciano comment by itself.... but the fact that cutting spain makes zero sense when hes good depth, and the comments on his twitter he put up and then took down, AND THEN add this as a possibility, theres enough context clues to figure out something went off the rails... even if its just he was upset at being benched and wanted out

9 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I'd respectfully disagree TBBills.  The entire Bills locker room knows exactly what happened with Spain and Jordan Phillips, and Shaq.  If the Bills had screwed any of them over it would damage the family vibe that Beane and McDermott are trying to build at OBD.  Being upfront and honest with your employees isn't charity, it's how a successful organization treats its people.  I suspect that in McDermott and Beane's minds, that culture of the coaches, management, and the players all being on the same team is worth more to them than an extra 7th round draft pick.  

Ask Adrian Peterson about how he was treated by the Redskins when they cut him on September 4th, just six days before the season opener.  No warning, no heads up, nothing.  That kind of personnel move tells the other guys in the locker room what kind of organization they play for. 

Agreed BUT if in fact they could have gotten something for Shady they should have, they can still be honest and upfront but if they just to McCoy  said go, we dont need a 7th it was, imo , a mistake.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I do think the Bills are gaining a good rep as a team to go to but what trash franchise won’t do this?  These teams are all about PR to agents.  The second a player they are treated poorly, that team could potentially lose FAs.

Jets and Washington immediately come to mind😆

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Agreed BUT if in fact they could have gotten something for Shady they should have, they can still be honest and upfront but if they just to McCoy  said go, we dont need a 7th it was, imo , a mistake.

Theres balance there. Good PR might be worth a 7th rder if youre a franchise trying to send out the message that things are being run differently and the Russ Brandon types are no longer running the show