Thurs Night Football: Atl (1-6) at Car (3-4) 7:20 NFLN Amazon and FOX

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Amazing stat! Falcons have lost 3 games this season where their win probability in the 4th quarter was 98% or better. WOW!!!

That is epic! Just think how this place would be if that was the Bills .... we'd be suicidal.

• Like (+1) 1

Friday morning thoughts.....

1. Raheem Morris has actually got something out of this Atlanta team. He has finally got them playing a bit of defense which Dan Quinn struggled to do his whole reign there. He is a long shot to get this job I think but if he goes over .500 the rest of the way he will get looks from other teams. He did have one decent year in Tampa before Josh Freeman turned into a pumpkin and I think his shot might have come too early in his career. It has always surprised me that it took so long for him to get another shot... not necessarily as a Head Coach... but 2020 was his first year EVER as a defensive coordinator in the NFL.

2. Deion Jones is awesome. If the Falcons were genuinely going to tear things down and start again the phone would be ringing off the hook for him.

3. Todd Gurley is done. He was a great back for 3 or 4 years when he came into the league but come on now.... it's over. He has absolutely zero burst. I know he has a few touchdowns on the year and maybe you can eek another season out of him as a short yardage back but the run game was so much more effective when Hill was in there. This isn't about blocking or scheme or anything else. It is about Gurley. He is done.

4. Carolina are a punchy, fun team. I think in DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel they have one of the best under the radar 1-2-3 punches at receiver in the NFL. All have speed and can get open and make plays.

5. The Panthers do still need some help on the backend of that defense. They have some pieces up front in Burns and Brown to build around but on the backend they just give up too many explosive pass plays. Phil Snow the defensive coordinator is Rhule's guy so he is going nowhere which means they just need to get better players. I would expect their first pick in the draft to be a corner if the board falls that way for them.

6. The other thing Carolina need is a Quarterback. Teddy is a high completion % guy and he is a viable placeholder but that to me is what he is. He is in that bracket with guys like Dalton and Tyrod and Keenum and Fitz... you will win some games with Teddy Bridgewater. He isn't ever going to be a liability that kills you. But is he good enough to be a regular playoff contender? No. The one situation in which a corner falls to Carolina in the draft and they should pass is if one of the top 3 Quarterbacks gets to them. They will probably be drafting between about 8th and about 14th. It might necessitate a move up. But Carolina has to find a franchise quarterback of the future. Teddy is not a bad guy to have for now.... but he isn't a long term answer.

• Like (+1) 1