Bulletin Board Material: Cam Newton calls the Bills game a "must win" for the Pats

He's not wrong.  I was thinking it earlier and yes, it is a strange thought to have.  Right now the Pats are 2 1/2 games back of Buf.  A loss would prevent the Pats from getting a head-to-head tiebreaker.  Next tiebreaker is division record, and Buffalo would sit at 4-0.  So, the Pats would fall to 3 1/2 games back and a tough fight to get a tiebreaker.  They would likely have to win four more games then the Bills in the second half of the season.  Not to mention they are also one game back of the 'Phins.

Crazy though it may sound, this actually kinda is a must-win for the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30219152/cam-newton-buffalo-game-win-new-england-patriots-3-game-skid

I'd put this up on the bulletin board in the Bills' locker room along with the Ed Oliver getting gassed quote.

Well it is.  If the weather isn't too bad it is also wishful thinking.

Clear skies and a dry field and NE won't have a snowballs chance in hell.

This is kinda a Bills must not win for the Phins as well.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

I think this is Cam not buying into the past philosophy.  Every game is a must win and him putting more emphasis in public about this game is not generally what they do.

Wow

13 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

If something benign like that gets you fired up, I'd hate to see how to react to something actually inflammatory or controversial.  Feels analogous to #firstworldproblems.

*edit*

#firstplaceproblems?

“Honey, we have to hurry up for our reservation”

”ARE YOU CHALLENGING ME???” 😡

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

that. 

it is a must win for them 

it’s a needed win for Buffalo 

I actually think it’s a must win for us too.  Obviously, they are completely screwed if they lose but psychologically, we are finally the better team.  If they don’t win this, it could really be a huge mental block.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I actually think it’s a must win for us too.  Obviously, they are completely screwed if they lose but psychologically, we are finally the better team.  If they don’t win this, it could really be a huge mental block.

IMO

must win is for a team

In desperation. 

Needing a win to make the playoffs. 

psychology for BBFS  is another thing altogether 

I’ll expound and say a much needed win to solidify themselves as the AFCE team to beat. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

must win is for a team

In desperation. 

^^^ This sums it up.

I'll take the desperation theme a step further:

1. CBS is reporting that all Patriots are available for trade. This could be a team on the verge of total collapse. Now, they certainly have more talent than the Jets, but they are also capable of extending their losing streak for the rest of the season.

2. I live in Boston and heard interview clips from Cam Newton. He said all the right things, "Losing is not acceptable in this city, state or region", "I have to pick up my game to winning standards." However, (and this is only my interpretation) he did not sound resolute or confident. To me, he sounded lost, trying to form good words.

I believe the Bills are in a good position to take firm ownership of the AFC East Sunday, with the real threat coming from (Tua dependent) a decent and growing Miami team. Here's hoping they made a mistake benching Fitz. 

• Like (+1) 1