OFFICIAL: LB Darron Lee signed to Bills PS

I have to imagine that he could NOT be any worse then Klein. And to make a small note - it's not like Klein is a bad player - his football IQ is actually really high - but he's an example of a player that is literally JUST too slow (i'm not even talking by a lot either). He's always a half to one step behind. It's so hard to be upset every time I see him just short of being in the right position, or a step too slow to make the play. 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe if they define a role for him and only ask him to do specific things, then maybe he might make an impact. He's an athlete for sure. Is it coaching? Is he a numbskull and can't comprehend schemes? Does he gamble and get burned too much? I remember there was some hype on him in 2016 but he didn't really do much. Again, maybe if they use him only in certain packages he could have an impact. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

not targeted necessarily directly at this comment, but all that are related: 

ive been very critical of the Lb this year thus far, but to those that want them out, benched, gone, etc...what’s the alternative? Can Matt Barkley play MLB? A street free agent? Ya still need back ups...

I know you were kidding but guess what, everyone!?!?! Our Lbs are weak, and the vulnerability of the defense. 

instead of continuing to harp on the lack of talent and depth, I am moving my criticisms to the coaching staff. Now, I cannot blame them for a missed tackle, or a bad read, but you can demand that the staff be more aware of the lack of talent and require less of these players by trying to scheme out of it. 

maybe I’m completely wrong, but I’d Tremaine and Klein are struggling, it’s up to the staff to get them into a better position to be successful. 

I approve. Dance with who brung ya kinda think. Here we are. Make the best of it Coaches

14 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Stop f'ing about!!! Just give Kleins money to the real LB from Carolina we wanted, Kuechly.

I keep seeing this mentioned. What makes you think this is a realistic option? If Keuchly ever comes out of retirement, he’ll be playing for the Panthers. No way they let that talent go if he wants to play. Plus, he loves North Carolina and has indicated a willingness to stay close to the organization in retirement. 

43 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I have to imagine that he could NOT be any worse then Klein. And to make a small note - it's not like Klein is a bad player - his football IQ is actually really high - but he's an example of a player that is literally JUST too slow (i'm not even talking by a lot either). He's always a half to one step behind. It's so hard to be upset every time I see him just short of being in the right position, or a step too slow to make the play. 

this is spot on.  smart player who is actually playing the game right just a half step too slow or when he is in position doesnt have the athletic ability or strength to make the play

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Not really.  He was playing his best ball before the PED infraction so it makes you wonder.  There was an incident at some music fesitval where he got in a verbal fight with his girlfriend and had to be physically restrained.  There were also reports of a poor work ethic while with the Jets.  Maybe he can turn his career around but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Are you sure it was PEDs? I assumed street drugs

51 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Holy Crap!!  A supahstah in the making!!!!  Why 2 visits tho?  He no like da Bills???

Gotta piss clean on one of them at some point 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I keep seeing this mentioned. What makes you think this is a realistic option? If Keuchly ever comes out of retirement, he’ll be playing for the Panthers. No way they let that talent go if he wants to play. Plus, he loves North Carolina and has indicated a willingness to stay close to the organization in retirement. 

Because the new organization has no ties to him and ours does... We should make a deal with Panthers and one Kuechly can't refuse.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are you sure it was PEDs? I assumed street drugs

Looked into it further as his wikipedia page needs edits.  I guess he was suspended the last four games in 2018 for violating the league's substance abuse policy (probably weed in which he's an idiot as you have to test positive at leat three times I believe to get a four game suspension).  It's unclear why he was suspended the first four weeks of this season as a free agent. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/09/nfl-suspends-lb-darron-lee

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Looked into it further as his wikipedia page needs edits.  I guess he was suspended the last four games in 2018 for violating the league's substance abuse policy (probably weed in which he's an idiot as you have to test positive at leat three times I believe to get a four game suspension).  It's unclear why he was suspended the first four weeks of this season as a free agent. 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/09/nfl-suspends-lb-darron-lee

I think this year, it’s just a fine if you test positive for weed. But if you are already in the drug program like he was, not sure if that holds true.