OFFICIAL: LB Darron Lee signed to Bills PS

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I'd like to see him move out of Buffalo.

not targeted necessarily directly at this comment, but all that are related: 

ive been very critical of the Lb this year thus far, but to those that want them out, benched, gone, etc...what’s the alternative? Can Matt Barkley play MLB? A street free agent? Ya still need back ups...

I know you were kidding but guess what, everyone!?!?! Our Lbs are weak, and the vulnerability of the defense. 

instead of continuing to harp on the lack of talent and depth, I am moving my criticisms to the coaching staff. Now, I cannot blame them for a missed tackle, or a bad read, but you can demand that the staff be more aware of the lack of talent and require less of these players by trying to scheme out of it. 

maybe I’m completely wrong, but I’d Tremaine and Klein are struggling, it’s up to the staff to get them into a better position to be successful. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

not targeted necessarily directly at this comment, but all that are related: 

ive been very critical of the Lb this year thus far, but to those that want them out, benched, gone, etc...what’s the alternative? Can Matt Barkley play MLB? A street free agent? Ya still need back ups...

I know you were kidding but guess what, everyone!?!?! Our Lbs are weak, and the vulnerability of the defense. 

instead of continuing to harp on the lack of talent and depth, I am moving my criticisms to the coaching staff. Now, I cannot blame them for a missed tackle, or a bad read, but you can demand that the staff be more aware of the lack of talent and require less of these players by trying to scheme out of it. 

maybe I’m completely wrong, but I’d Tremaine and Klein are struggling, it’s up to the staff to get them into a better position to be successful. 

no you’re spot on actually. The coaches and front office brought these guys on it is partially on them for being pretty terrible out there.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m sure Beane went there first before even picking up the phone!   

:)

I should've known better, silly me!!!:cry:

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Watch the video I posted above; it's pretty interesting.  3 years of data suggests he's pretty horrible in pass coverage.  Near the bottom of the group who have enough reps to qualify for the analysis.

Great!! Put him in!!!!:sick:

Very intriguing player. Especially in this scheme.  I like the signing. 

32 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I remember liking Lee on the Jets, because I'm a Bills fan and he wasn't very good

Maybe I'm just being biased but I really like the potential he brings in this specific scheme. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He has been terrible but I’m always fine with giving high picks another shot. 

Scheme,  coaching can literally make a world of difference.

Low risk move

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Watch the video I posted above; it's pretty interesting.  3 years of data suggests he's pretty horrible in pass coverage.  Near the bottom of the group who have enough reps to qualify for the analysis.

so PFF could say the same thing with Josh actually like his last year was his best and the Bills are pretty thin at LB 

Could also say the same things about Jerry Hughes years in Indy ....

I'll be reserved and wait to see what transpires and not just throw him in the dog house

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

As a guy drafted No. 20 overall and now bouncing around to his 3rd team in only 4 years, you would have to define his career so far as an underachieving disappointment.

Maybe he can turn it around, if we take a chance on him.

Not sure about the rest of his game but 3 picks in 12 games for a LB is awesome.  

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You mean the PED infraction, or is there more?

Not really.  He was playing his best ball before the PED infraction so it makes you wonder.  There was an incident at some music fesitval where he got in a verbal fight with his girlfriend and had to be physically restrained.  There were also reports of a poor work ethic while with the Jets.  Maybe he can turn his career around but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like (+1) 1

Lee is a great athlete, but FWIH he did not put football first and was much more interested in doing some very serious partying.  I hope he’s got himself together.  I’d love to see what a focused and clean Lee could do in the NFL. There’s probably little risk on the Bills side so I’m sure they can part ways if things aren’t good with him.  Fingers crossed that they are. 

• Like (+1) 1

I do not know much about Lee and don't expect him to be a star, but a linebacker with starting experience and ability to cover a pass is by default an upgrade over Klein.    I like that Buffalo is realizing the need and adding people.   Hopefully he can help in a similar way that Corey Liuget did when signed in the mid season last year.