OFFICIAL: LB Darron Lee signed to Bills PS

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

From the PFF NFL Podcast, Steve Palazzolo and Sam Monson discuss Darron Lee. Steve and Sam dive into Darron's career grades when playing in coverage to paint a full picture in contrast to his 1 year he graded well in coverage.

Am I the only one who finds these guys ridiculous trying to explain how a player sucks after giving him the grades that say he doesn't suck? 

If your grading system isn't accounting for these types of deviations, maybe your grading system kind of sucks? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, you've expressed your opinion.  I'm losing count of how many times with almost the exact same words.

After he started playing in the NFL, when was Kurt Warner ever left on the street?

Wasn't Warner back bagging groceries in between NYG and Cardinals?

Scouting report coming out of college. 

He has played predominantly in a 4-3 defense as an OLB, but has also shown an ability to play in a 3-4 defense that OSU utilizes against spread teams as well as in their blitz packages. In OSU’s 4-3 scheme this player will always line up to the field and be asked to play in space. He is the conflict player in the Run/Pass/Option game and plays this role well. His speed and athleticism allow him to play as an apexed LB and cover both run and pass.

Klein replacement? 

https://landryfootball.com/draft-scouting-report-on-ohio-state-linebacker-darron-lee/

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Warner had a 2 year contract with the Giants, and the option to void it.  He wasn't happy about being benched.  He voided it at the end of 2004.

The Cardinals signed him in FA before the 2005 season.

At that point he was a former Super Bowl MVP and 2x NFL MVP who'd signed a $47M contract with the Rams and he'd played well enough with the Giants to show that his broken hand issues were behind him.

Shades of Minshew, actually - I'd forgotten until now but Kurt Warner is an example of a QB who broke bones in his hand and may have lacked transparency about it with the team.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Warner had a 2 year contract with the Giants, and the option to void it.  He wasn't happy about being benched.  He voided it at the end of 2004.

The Cardinals signed him in FA before the 2005 season.

At that point he was a former Super Bowl MVP and 2x NFL MVP who'd signed a $47M contract with the Rams and he'd played well enough with the Giants to show that his broken hand issues were behind him.

Shades of Minshew, actually - I'd forgotten until now but Kurt Warner is an example of a QB who broke bones in his hand and may have lacked transparency about it with the team.

Maybe I'm thinking he should've been bagging groceries the way he was playing on Giants and 1st year Cardinals.

Speaking of Minshew II... I think he can be a Cousins, but probably won't be elite unless we are talking backup.

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

From the PFF NFL Podcast, Steve Palazzolo and Sam Monson discuss Darron Lee. Steve and Sam dive into Darron's career grades when playing in coverage to paint a full picture in contrast to his 1 year he graded well in coverage.

It's interesting.

A quick check of his snap counts shows he played less than 200 snaps on defense last year in KC, 160 to be precise. Some of that relates to his four-game suspension, but still, 160 is not a lot by any standard.

I'm curious to see what they get out of him.

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Am I the only one who finds these guys ridiculous trying to explain how a player sucks after giving him the grades that say he doesn't suck? 

If your grading system isn't accounting for these types of deviations, maybe your grading system kind of sucks? 

You're probably not the only one, but the problem they're facing and talking about is endemic to any grading system you can think of.

When a guy has two extremely good games it's absolutely going to warp things a lot, especially when he is suspended four games and most especially when he has only 160 snaps total to look at.

That conversation totally made sense and any grading system would have the same concerns.

Edited by Thurman#1

Totally fine with this. Has flaws but he's fast enough to presumably get to the ball at least. Klein is hard to watch. Heath is clearly paramount this year especially with Covid and he's a body that's done some things. Happy to see a move, hoping to see more.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He was drafted in the NFL by Packers - flamed out, stocked shelves at minimum wage, played Arena Football, signed with Rams behind Trent Green before leading team to two SB's after Green was hurt (plus two NFL MVP's), Bulger took his job, signed with Giants - was okay, signed with Cardinals - led them to Super Bowl, retired, lowered himself to Dancing With the Stars, worked as NFL analyst (still does), and made both pro football hof and arena football hof.  Typical career path.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He was drafted in the NFL by Packers - flamed out, stocked shelves at minimum wage, played Arena Football, signed with Rams behind Trent Green before leading team to two SB's after Green was hurt (plus two NFL MVP's), Bulger took his job, signed with Giants - was okay, signed with Cardinals - led them to Super Bowl, retired, lowered himself to Dancing With the Stars, worked as NFL analyst (still does), and made both pro football hof and arena football hof.  Typical career path.

He was obviously in the wrong scheme. Had he brought his skill set to Topps Friendly Markets, he’d have been MVP!