OFFICIAL: LB Darron Lee signed to Bills PS

Sign him!

I still say our defense would be the best fit for him — and best chance for him to reach his considerable potential — of any NFL scheme he’s played in so far.

He’s exactly the type of mid season scrap heap find Beane has had success with in the past.

• Like (+1) 10

From March 11, 2019:

The New York Jets are looking to upgrade the linebacker spot, and the NY Daily News is reporting that the team is likely going to move on from 2016 first-round draft choice Darron Lee.

Lee was drafted out of Ohio State with the 20th overall pick back in 2016 NFL’s Draft, but in the two seasons in the Big Apple he’s not had the impact the team was hoping for.

Last season he appeared in 12 games, intercepting three passes including taking one back for a touchdown in the Jets season opening win against the Detroit Lions.

He ended the season with 74 tackles, 43 of which were solo. He was suspended on December 7th of last season due to a PED violation.

In he started 15 games at linebacker for the Jets, recording 94 tackles with three sacks and two forced fumbles.

Lee is set in 2019 to enter the final year of his rookie deal, which is set to pay him $1.8 million. The Jets have to decide within the next two months if they are going to pick up his fifth-year option, which would be worth up to about $10 million next season, a salary the Jets clearly won’t be picking up.

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/new-york-jets-looking-to-upgrade-lb-spot-may-part-ways-with-darron-lee/

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sign him!

I still say our defense would be the best fit for him — and best chance for him to reach his considerable potential — of any NFL scheme he’s played in so far.

He’s exactly the type of mid season scrap heap find Beane has had success with in the past.

I like the way you phrased the last paragraph😁

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I was not a fan out of college - felt he was too small to do what he was being asked.  As a depth and a coverage LB, this may work.  As a starter, no thanks.

As a guy drafted No. 20 overall and now bouncing around to his 3rd team in only 4 years, you would have to define his career so far as an underachieving disappointment.

Maybe he can turn it around, if we take a chance on him.

From the PFF NFL Podcast, Steve Palazzolo and Sam Monson discuss Darron Lee. Steve and Sam dive into Darron's career grades when playing in coverage to paint a full picture in contrast to his 1 year he graded well in coverage.