Gilmore Selling his home

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, but which “city”? The mystery continues....

Apparently you don't know "the city" is slang for New York City. I can remember many a time at UB when heard "the city" from co-students in their new yawk or long island accents talk about it ad nauseam.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Apparently you don't know "the city" is slang for New York City. I can remember many a time at UB when heard "the city" from co-students in their new yawk or long island accents talk about it ad nauseam.

Well yes normally, if one is in vicinity of NYC.  obviously here he’s referring to Boston. Unless he isn’t. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well yes normally, if one is in vicinity of NYC.  obviously here he’s referring to Boston. Unless he isn’t. 

Fixborough to NYC: 3 hr 40 min (205 miles)

UB to NYC: 6 hr 7 min (372 miles)

Fixborough is more in vicinity of NYC than UB.

Edited by Limeaid

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Fixborough to NYC: 3 hr 40 min (205 miles)

UB to NYC: 6 hr 7 min (372 miles)

Fixborough is more in vicinity of NYC than UB.

UB is not in vicinity of NYC.  Boston is closer to NYC than UB.  Students went to UB to be as far as possible from NYC and still have in state tuition so mommy and daddy would pay for.  I remember a picture showing area of damage of nuclear bomb. Boston would have major impact from it but WNY no.

Just now, Limeaid said:

UB is not in vicinity of NYC.  Boston is closer to NYC than UB.  Students went to UB to be as far as possible from NYC and still have in state tuition so mommy and daddy would pay for.  I remember a picture showing area of damage of nuclear bomb. Boston would have major impact from it but WNY no.

Obviously 

I thought it was his soul that he was selling...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You can only listen to that Boston accent for so long then you just have to move. We were talking about who has the most annoying accent at the Bowling alley last week and it was Boston in a landslide. 

There are a number of southern accents that make me want to jam a fork in my ear. 

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There are a number of southern accents that make me want to jam a fork in my ear. 

I hear ya on that, Boston and some nasally NYC accents are right up there with what you said 😁

19 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Oh man, this. So much this.

”Where are you from?”

”The City.”

“Oh, cool, which part?”

”Well, like, 45 minutes outside The City...”

”So, Long Island??”

”Yeah, but, like I go to The City all the time.”

I probably had that conversation a thousand times at UB 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1