Gilmore Selling his home

17 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Aka “The Watkins”

Or "The Spain."

16 minutes ago, 97bills said:

BB knew this year would be so different with covid and no Brady and his smart enough to know they didn’t have a super bowl team. He will coach hard and say all the right things but he already had this year as a wash hence not trying to get a better qb and just taking cam last minute he will get his qb next year and start building again. This year didn’t catch him off guard. But by saying all that let’s stump them in the dirt GO BILLS

You don't have to be smart to know the Cheaters wouldn't have a SB team this year.  They didn't have one last year and only got worse over the off-season.  And why pick up Cam if you're trying to rebuild?  Stidham helps a lot more in that area.

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

im so excited and it feels so gooooood!

let us win this Sunday!

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Or "The Spain."

You don't have to be smart to know the Cheaters wouldn't have a SB team this year.  They didn't have one last year and only got worse over the off-season.  And why pick up Cam if you're trying to rebuild?  Stidham helps a lot more in that area.

Or actually using your draft capital to draft a QB in Rd1 or Rd2.

7 hours ago, Process said:

Is there a reason the pats would trade their best defensive player? I don't get it. Surely they are not ready to tank and give up on the season.

I believe it was Albert Breer today that put out a tweet stating that the Pats are open to trading ANYONE on their roster as of today. So if true, that sounds to me like they’re ready to tank. 

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

Or actually using your draft capital to draft a QB in Rd1 or Rd2.

Yeah, that's what they're going to have to do.  But with where they're likely to pick, they'll need to give up a good amount to get one of the top guys, especially if Lawrence decides to go back to school.

16 hours ago, matter2003 said:

There are rumblings coming out of New England that Gilmore is doing he same thing there he was doing here...ie, trying to protect himself from injury and not really playing as hard as he could or putting himself in some compromising positions on tackles.  Teddy Brushci brought this up, apparently he still is on radio there and has connections with people on the team and he said this is a real concern and that he noticed it on tape even before they brought it up in conversations...

Pats have been trying to trade him multiple times in the offseason but didn't get compensation they deemed worthy.

Gilmore is a mercenary...he isn't a player you can rely on to be part of the team concept for more than a few years.

I agree with your position, this is Gilmore M.O. but Belicheat's ego is so big he believes he can coach out bad behavior. But this is not bad behavior it is selfish behavior. His ego also brought the ultimate selfish cowardly player to the Patsys. Cam Newton.....looks good on Belicheat. 

15 hours ago, Mango said:

WTF are you talking about? I may be wrong here, but I am fairly certain you can't just break down the contract into line items and sell/buy whatever portions of the contract you don't want to deal with. A team can't just go to NE and say, "hey we'll give you a 2nd for Gilmore, and if you pay an additional X part of his contract we will throw in a 4th too".

You can make the agreement whatever you want it to be. Last year when Clowney was traded, one of the reasons BoB was so torn apart for it was he was paying 7 million of Clowney's 15 million salary 

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/texans-agree-to-pay-a-portion-of-seahawks-jadeveon-clowney-s-2019-salary-C-iYjF2wqkyU26Ps2ss2Rg#:~:text=In one final piece for,%248 million of the deal.

If that what it takes to get a draft pick and a guy off your books, teams will eat some cash

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

You can make the agreement whatever you want it to be. Last year when Clowney was traded, one of the reasons BoB was so torn apart for it was he was paying 7 million of Clowney's 15 million salary 

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/texans-agree-to-pay-a-portion-of-seahawks-jadeveon-clowney-s-2019-salary-C-iYjF2wqkyU26Ps2ss2Rg#:~:text=In one final piece for,%248 million of the deal.

If that what it takes to get a draft pick and a guy off your books, teams will eat some cash

Thanks for sharing. Most of the internet cap-ologists were pretty shocked by it as well. I think we are both sort of right here.

The $7M they paid is the signing bonus on the $15M contract. Which would normally stick with the original team in any trade for any player. The odd part about this one is that Houston agreed to that when brokering the contract/trade. Not that they picked which parts of the contract were tradable and not.

To my point a team can’t trade a player in the offseason and say, “if you throw in an extra pick, we will pay his roster bonus after your training camp. Or how about you take base salary and we’ll pay his performance escalators.” In order for the Clowney situation to happen the Pats would need to renegotiate the Gilmore contract and move more money into his signing bonus and reduce his cap hit for the next team. 

Whether they will do that, I don’t know. But if a team thinks Gilmore will return to form either next year or in a new environment, his $17.M-ish next year isn’t thaaat crazy. It’s basically the AAV for Tre. 

4 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Perhaps the type of houses they want to live in, aren't available for rent. 

You'd be surprised; you can rent anything in this country, including multi-million dollar houses.

Location obviously factors into it, but he was in Boston, not Boise.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You'd be surprised; you can rent anything in this country, including multi-million dollar houses.

Location obviously factors into it, but he was in Boston, not Boise.

Yeah, but then again, you'd figure that a home in Boston would only increase in value after a few years.

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

Thanks for sharing. Most of the internet cap-ologists were pretty shocked by it as well. I think we are both sort of right here.

The $7M they paid is the signing bonus on the $15M contract. Which would normally stick with the original team in any trade for any player. The odd part about this one is that Houston agreed to that when brokering the contract/trade. Not that they picked which parts of the contract were tradable and not.

To my point a team can’t trade a player in the offseason and say, “if you throw in an extra pick, we will pay his roster bonus after your training camp. Or how about you take base salary and we’ll pay his performance escalators.” In order for the Clowney situation to happen the Pats would need to renegotiate the Gilmore contract and move more money into his signing bonus and reduce his cap hit for the next team. 

Whether they will do that, I don’t know. But if a team thinks Gilmore will return to form either next year or in a new environment, his $17.M-ish next year isn’t thaaat crazy. It’s basically the AAV for Tre. 

Gotcha, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, but then again, you'd figure that a home in Boston would only increase in value after a few years.

Plus, theres no shortages of millionaires in boston

Miami makes alot sense if they can move Xavien Howard.

-Familiarity with Flores and perfect fit for their defense.

-Miami has plenty of draft picks so they will not balk at trading draft capital.

-If they can move Howard, they will have more than enough cap space for an extension.