Gilmore Selling his home

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

There are rumblings coming out of New England that Gilmore is doing he same thing there he was doing here...ie, trying to protect himself from injury and not really playing as hard as he could or putting himself in some compromising positions on tackles.  Teddy Brushci brought this up, apparently he still is on radio there and has connections with people on the team and he said this is a real concern and that he noticed it on tape even before they brought it up in conversations...

d worthy.

Gilmore is a mercenary...he isn't a player you can rely on to be part of the team concept for more than a few years.

He never laid it on the line his last year in Buffalo.   Ran away from tackling running backs.....ala Deion Sanders.  I always thought a good stragedy against Gilmore would be to run to his side of the field as he would not challenge, but instead protect himself.  I was surprised that the Bills, who knew, didn't do that.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He never laid it on the line his last year in Buffalo.   Ran away from tackling running backs.....ala Deion Sanders.  I always thought a good stragedy against Gilmore would be to run to his side of the field as he would not challenge, but instead protect himself.  I was surprised that the Bills, who knew, didn't do that.

Apparently the same thing is going on there this year.

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

we would give up a extra pick for Pats to eat some of that money

WTF are you talking about? I may be wrong here, but I am fairly certain you can't just break down the contract into line items and sell/buy whatever portions of the contract you don't want to deal with. A team can't just go to NE and say, "hey we'll give you a 2nd for Gilmore, and if you pay an additional X part of his contract we will throw in a 4th too".

He just didn’t put his house on the market, he set a deadline for Tuesday at 5 which is the trade deadline.

So he’s gone but the only question is when will he be gone?

If Belichick thought this team had a reasonable chance to complete there’s little doubt that they even entertain talks to trade Gilmore

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

WTF are you talking about? I may be wrong here, but I am fairly certain you can't just break down the contract into line items and sell/buy whatever portions of the contract you don't want to deal with. A team can't just go to NE and say, "hey we'll give you a 2nd for Gilmore, and if you pay an additional X part of his contract we will throw in a 4th too".

I think you can do that, I'm not positive though. The Pats would trade Gilmore and cash for two picks. Pretty sure that's been done before.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Like I said in the other thread, which I expect this to be merged with soon, I saw the lack of effort against the 49ers. He knows the cheaters are done for the foreseeable future and that Belicheat is likely to retire soon, maybe at the end of the season.

I dream of this!

Hope Josh McDaniel's gets the job. We see what he has done in NE without Brady... he will be lucky to get HCing offers now.

The Patriots are the bottom of the division right with the Jets :lol:

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I think you can do that, I'm not positive though. The Pats would trade Gilmore and cash for two picks. Pretty sure that's been done before.

In theory you can trade cash, but you cannot trade cap space in that way.  So say you gave a 1st for Gilmore and $10M. You don't get a $10M increase on the salary cap. 

NO could have and most likely would have traded away picks for the Browns, Bills, Colts, etc.cap space over the last few years. It doesn't work that way. 

Edited by Mango
adding on
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

38 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Apparently the same thing is going on there this year.

With Moss back on the field I'd love to see Gilmore have to make a "business decision".

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Yea that looks like guys had good times after they left. You aren't looking for more than a couple of years from older guys that Patriots released.

Welker had his best year the year he left NE for Denver he caught 10TDs in 13 games.

Again, this was the point I was making in my original post.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

i hope so

if he plays.. they could sit him out so hes healthy for trade

If he plays Safeties hit him hard making him not healthy enough for a trade.

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Dieon was not a tackling back.

2 hours ago, Process said:

Is there a reason the pats would trade their best defensive player? I don't get it. Surely they are not ready to tank and give up on the season.

BB knew this year would be so different with covid and no Brady and his smart enough to know they didn’t have a super bowl team. He will coach hard and say all the right things but he already had this year as a wash hence not trying to get a better qb and just taking cam last minute he will get his qb next year and start building again. This year didn’t catch him off guard. But by saying all that let’s stump them in the dirt GO BILLS