Edelman out this week

NewEra

Question for those who know about Defensive schemes more than I.

With the Pats* having these WR problems, the windy conditions and them probably running a lot my question is this...

Do the Bills run more "Man to Man" coverage of more "Zone" coverage?

Which scheme is better against the run in this situation?

Even with injuries and opt outs I feel like this New England D is physical and can be as good as Kansas City's.   That worries me.  The Bills offense totally lost that game in the trenches and with poor QB play.   Can't have a repeat vs the Pats.

33 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Newton.  

Also will likely throw the temper tantrum when they lose.  Maybe lay on his stomach in the endzone and pound his fist like an 8 year old boy again.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Even with injuries and opt outs I feel like this New England D is physical and can be as good as Kansas City's.   That worries me.  The Bills offense totally lost that game in the trenches and with poor QB play.   Can't have a repeat vs the Pats.

It's a good thing their Offense isn't even as good as KC's second string Offense.

9 minutes ago, UConn James said:

The Score is reporting that Edelman had surgery today.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/10/29/patriots-wr-julian-edelman-expected-to-miss-bills-game-after-knee-surgery/

Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman underwent knee surgery Thursday and is expected to miss Sunday’s game at Buffalo, per multiple reports.

Edelman, 34, has been battling a knee injury dating back to training camp. He is not expected to miss the rest of the season, according to The Athletic, though the timeline for his recovery is unknown

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

As i wrote in another thread, Edelman has sucked this year.  His route are sloppy, questionable hands, has lead to interception already and doesnt have his bromance with Brady anymore.  I think this is his last year.

Eh - probably signs a little 1 year deal down in tampa with his bro for 1 last run.  

48 minutes ago, Process said:

Definitely. If we can't beat this pats team we are back to being the same old bills, and are going nowhere this season. 

Actually this would be the worst loss in recent memory, outside of the non-mentioned playoff game, based on their lineup now.

• Like (+1) 1

I always had a special hatred for that gerbil looking piece of *****. He had an arrogance as if he was something special when everyone knew he was just Brady’s play thing and replaceable just like he replaced Walker. Maybe his love for the game is gone now that he’s been replaced by another random white guy and Tom is off having fun without him?

• Like (+1) 1