Minshew: Multiple Fractures, Ligament Damage in Thumb

Gugny

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

To be fair though the Cowboys are about to start a guy at QB whose own neighbors may not even know that he plays football. Some of these 3rd string QB options are unreal...are their dads just friends with the GMs or something? Going through the league right now and I truly haven't even heard of some of these guys. Easton Stick? It's like I'm in the 17th season of Madden Franchise mode. How in the world is Fitz not getting millions of dollars thrown at him right now?

Ryan Fitzpatrick is getting millions of dollars thrown at him right now.  $8M salary this year, to be exact.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

Right?! I guess I understand that the Jags are playing for nothing in which case Mike Glennon is probably the perfect QB, but I can think of numerous QB's that have come and gone since then that inspire more hope than Mike Glennon. Cardale Jones? Heck, maybe give me EJ? And I'll ask the flat out obvious - who would anybody rather have? Kaepernick or Mike Glennon? They played at the same time! Glennon was eating a bunch of high hanging flowers on the sideline while Kaep was winning playoff games.

Kaepernick is def the better QB, it just always come down to having the circus media around to bring in a backup qb. It’s not worth it, it’s the media’s fault he’s unemployed

It was a dumb move, not a dick move.  You hide an injury in those circumstances because you convince yourself you can play through it and the team needs you.  It's dumb because you're not qualified to self diagnose the seriousness of an injury.

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30217210/sources-jacksonville-jaguars-qb-gardner-minshew-multiple-fractures-sprained-ligament-thumb

X-rays taken this week revealed that Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Gardner Minshew II has multiple fractures and a strained ligament in his right thumb, league sources told ESPN.

Minshew has had discomfort in his thumb since Jacksonville's Oct. 11 game at Houston, a source told ESPN. He did not tell the team about the pain until after the last game, which led to a postgame X-ray in Los Angeles.

The Jaguars didn't know about Minshew's injury until this week, per sources.

It is uncertain whether Minshew will be able to play when Jacksonville returns from its bye to host the Texans.

My question:   Was it a dick move for him to keep this to himself for so long?  Or would most/all fringe starters do the same for fear of losing their job to injury?  (Glennon is his backup, so I can't really see that happening)

Yeah, dick move. Not helping the team at all.