5. Myles Garrett 27.7%

other Bills in pass win rate 

45. Quinton Jefferson 14.6%
62. Ed Oliver 11.6%
67. Mario Addison 11.1%

Edited by BillsMafi$
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

But...but...but....Hughes is old and sucks I thought??

Just now, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Interesting... once they actually start hitting the qbwhich I think started vs the jets.. our d will improve drastically.. hopefully we can make it to the bye without more injuries then be almost at 100% going forward

They were all over the Raiders in the 2nd half too...Carr was running for his life

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

They were all over the Raiders in the 2nd half too...Carr was running for his life

Yeah I do remember getting to carr too. It's frustrating most weeks as we get there but don't disrupt anything or hit the qb. Here's to hoping they figure it out ! 

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

You raise an excellent point and I like your humor.  I don't believe everything I read.  Most fans only look at sacks.  Hits, hurries, tipped passes, runs from the pocket, throw aways, some other incomplete passes, and o-line penalties are all part of it.  Even with this recognition, I would like to see more from the DE position on running plays.  As fans, we're just greedy...lol.

• Like (+1) 1

That's what I see when I watch the games too. The problem is we get gashed on the ground and it's tough to get home when your opponent is averaging 10+ YPC and they can throw play action at you all game -- I would also imagine with the injuries to our linebackers we are asking a lot of our edge defenders to hold contain rather than get home in the pass rush because our backups there either lack the recognition skills or athleticism (Klein) to hold the edge in the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

Props to Hughes against the Jets.  He was a force.  I’d be curious though what PFF counts as a pass rush win?  Is it a win when you get in the back field but totally give up contain and the QB easily scrambles for 15 yards like what was regularly happening to Hughes at beginning of season?  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

per PFF

8. Jerry Hughes - 81.6
13. Mario Addison - 77.0
14. Trent Murphy - 76.9

Pass win rate top 5. Hughes number 1

1. Hughes 31.3%
2. T.J. Watt 30.3%
3. Grady Jarrett 28.2%
4. Brian Burns 28.1%
5. Myles Garrett 27.7%

other Bills in pass win rate 

45. Quinton Jefferson 14.6%
62. Ed Oliver 11.6%
67. Mario Addison 11.1%

You saved me the trouble of having to do this in the other thread.

You also have to bring into account that Oliver has been playing a lot of 1Tech.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Props to Hughes against the Jets.  He was a force.  I’d be curious though what PFF counts as a pass rush win?  Is it a win when you get in the back field but totally give up contain and the QB easily scrambles for 15 yards like what was regularly happening to Hughes at beginning of season?  

It is completely apparent when you actually watch the tape.  So is a ridiculous amount of holding which the league is allowing.  

All teams get hurt by QB runs unless they game plan to stop it.  Just ask the teams that play Lamar, Josh, Dak and Murray to name a few.  That's why it's great to have a mobile QB.

So do we like PFF now?

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We've also faced I believe 4 of the top 10 offenses in the NFL.

And the worst one twice.  

I do think the D is better than they shown but it is a startling regression.  Key losses, a much, much tougher schedule, and honestly our offense scoring more has hurt the defense. 

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So do we like PFF now?

And the worst one twice.  

I do think the D is better than they shown but it is a startling regression.  Key losses, a much, much tougher schedule, and honestly our offense scoring more has hurt the defense. 

I agree with what Nick Saban said....good defenses don't stop good offenses anymore.

But yes, I agree with you that our defense is better than what they're showing but they still have a long way to go.

I saw them playing around and not hesitating in the 2nd half against the Jets.  Obviously we aren't going to be repeat that, especially against better teams but at least they seemed to playing more confidently.  Lets hope so at least.