Why this game against the Patriots is NOWHERE NEAR monumental

StHustle

6 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

As many others have said - just get the win.  Don't care how monumental or if they get style points.  A win means 6-3 and a higher playoff potential.

Yea and complete control of the AFC East... They better allow some fans for the home game.

13 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Not at all.  What I will state is the weak opponents allowed the AFCE to have an over performing record for all of it's teams that year.

Good grief, the AFCW Champions were the 8-8 San Diego Chargers.

Miami won the division at 11-5 with an aging gimp armed Chad Pennington.

All I am saying is this "BB can win with anyone at QB" is a little over blown and using the 2008 season does not prove anything.

What is BB record with a former MVP this year?

Former MVP and current lowest paid starting QB in the league. They're also missing 8 players who would have been on their 53 due to Covid. 

I'm not saying BB can win with anyone, either. I'm just arguing against the idea that Brady was the only reason for BB's success. I don't think either one of them would have had the same success without the other. Despite Brady's GOAT career, he was mostly a game manager for their first two Super Bowls and never won a Super Bowl when Belichick didn't have a top 5 (or better) defense on the other side of the ball. 

While I think BB's hubris surrounding Brady leaving definitely cost him his best shot at another ring this year, I really don't think he's sweating a down year right now or worrying about his legacy.

11 minutes ago, MPT said:

Former MVP and current lowest paid starting QB in the league. They're also missing 8 players who would have been on their 53 due to Covid. 

I'm not saying BB can win with anyone, either. I'm just arguing against the idea that Brady was the only reason for BB's success. I don't think either one of them would have had the same success without the other. Despite Brady's GOAT career, he was mostly a game manager for their first two Super Bowls and never won a Super Bowl when Belichick didn't have a top 5 (or better) defense on the other side of the ball. 

While I think BB's hubris surrounding Brady leaving definitely cost him his best shot at another ring this year, I really don't think he's sweating a down year right now or worrying about his legacy.

It's obvious you are a huge fan of BB even to the extent as to comment about Brady and that's fine.

The bolded is a great example to point out and gives credence to the whole Cassel 2008 season which all I was talking about.

I'm just tired of the 2008 Cassel comments that tries to make out BB as the all time "QB whisperer".

On 10/29/2020 at 6:08 AM, njbuff said:

I could care less if this is a monumental game or not. Getting to 6-2 is all that matters.

I think you mean you couldn't care less -- but we get your lazily phrased point.  😛

41 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It's obvious you are a huge fan of BB even to the extent as to comment about Brady and that's fine.

The bolded is a great example to point out and gives credence to the whole Cassel 2008 season which all I was talking about.

I'm just tired of the 2008 Cassel comments that tries to make out BB as the all time "QB whisperer".

No need to get nasty, now. 

I don't think I or anyone else ever called him a QB whisperer. Game planner, defensive schemer, staff assembler, disciplinarian, sure. But not QB whisperer. All that other stuff just allows the QB much more leeway.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

No need to get nasty, now. 

I don't think I or anyone else ever called him a QB whisperer. Game planner, defensive schemer, staff assembler, disciplinarian, sure. But not QB whisperer. All that other stuff just allows the QB much more leeway.

LOL.  I needed to find a way for us to end our discussion!

I'm not questioning your Bills loyalty!

Your last sentence is true though I hate to admit it.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

As many others have said - just get the win.  Don't care how monumental or if they get style points.  A win means 6-3 and a higher playoff potential.

I don’t believe anyone cares about the score we just want to beat them for soooo many reasons , 

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

A win means 6-2!  Which for some reason looks way better than 6-3.