Why this game against the Patriots is NOWHERE NEAR monumental

StHustle

Like all of our AFCE games it’s important, kind of a no brainer don’t ya think.

Its Kraft and Beli boys fault the pats suck this year, they purposely let the team fall apart, end of discussion.

Sorry, but your angst is your own on this topic. 

And Fuh k the whole pats organization top to bottom, cheating pieces of 💩 every one of them. 

Go Bills!!!

i'm going the other way....

this game will define the season.

we must dethrone NE from division champ by beating them heads up.

if we lose this game, we are spinning our wheels as a wild card team losing first playoff game

if we win, we are a legit playoff team ...probably a #4 seed with a very tough opening playoff matchup that could go either way. 

9 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm going the other way....

this game will define the season.

we must dethrone NE from division champ by beating them heads up.

if we lose this game, we are spinning our wheels as a wild card team losing first playoff game

if we win, we are a legit playoff team ...probably a #4 seed with a very tough opening playoff matchup that could go either way. 

If they do win the division and go into the playoffs as the #4 seed then I would guess the #5 seed will be either Pit/Bal. Which ever one doesn't win the AFCN. Long way to go but that is how it looks right now.

19 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Does anyone else just want to whoop them?  Just up and down the field kick the crap out of them?  Thats what i want to see.

Yep. Not just because it's the Patriots but because I want to see the offense get back into gear the way it was pre Titans game. They were so much fun to watch the first four weeks.

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Some guy named Jack Kemp might disagree with that comment.....Or Jim Kelly depending on whom your JK references.....Oh and Joe Ferguson too....

Yes Sir. You are correct. What I meant to say was Brady has more wins vs. Buffalo than any Buffalo QB has had since Jim Kelly. Brady is 30-3 vs. Buffalo. I have revised my original post.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

it's a divisional game where a win gets us closer to the division title. Who said it's monumental?

My take is it's just another division game if we win. If we lose it becomes monumental in a negative way. One of those games where there isn't a lot to gain but there is a ton to lose.

It probably should be viewed as a huge win though  just in terms of the standings and playoff odds though. Our schedule is ridiculously tough. But any team the Bills lose to the Patriots are nearly assured to lose to as well. So taking this first game against the Pats could very well be the nail in the coffin for their season. Hopefully this team just wins half of those tough games against the Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers,  Steelers Patriots x2. If we can do that it won't matter if we lose this first head to head with the Pats.

Despite some folks suddenly being high on the Dolphins, I just don't see them being a threat for the division just yet. 

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

My take is it's just another division game if we win. If we lose it becomes monumental in a negative way. One of those games where there isn't a lot to gain but there is a ton to lose.

It probably should be viewed as a huge win though  just in terms of the standings and playoff odds though. Our schedule is ridiculously tough. But any team the Bills lose to the Patriots are nearly assured to lose to as well. So taking this first game against the Pats could very well be the nail in the coffin for their season. Hopefully this team just wins half of those tough games against the Seahawks, Cardinals, 49ers,  Steelers Patriots x2. If we can do that it won't matter if we lose this first head to head with the Pats.

Despite some folks suddenly being high on the Dolphins, I just don't see them being a threat for the division just yet. 

There is a ton to gain until NE has a couple L's in the division column. I think if we go 5-1 in our Divsion we will take it finally... We own our destiny at this phase, I don't want to be hoping on the Dolphins or Pats  to help secure the division for team X to lose.

Just get this done ourselves!

Current Division records. 

Bills - 3-0

Pats - 1-0

Dolphins - 1-2

Jets - 0-3

So, Pats 2x and Dolphins for us. We have to take 2 of the 3.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Then they play statement games vs. Seattle & Arizona....

Both Seattle and Arizona have more flaws than the Bills.  Seattle's D is straight-up trash and I think the Bills can make enough plays with their own D to win that one (in Buffalo).

Arizona, for whatever reason, doesn't strike fear into me either.  Their defense is also suspect and Murray still makes a fair share of mistakes.  Those games are big just like any others, but the "statement" game for Buffalo will come against Pittsburgh down the road.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Both Seattle and Arizona have more flaws than the Bills.  Seattle's D is straight-up trash and I think the Bills can make enough plays with their own D to win that one (in Buffalo).

Arizona, for whatever reason, doesn't strike fear into me either.  Their defense is also suspect and Murray still makes a fair share of mistakes.  Those games are big just like any others, but the "statement" game for Buffalo will come against Pittsburgh down the road.

Zona will be about tackling.  They don't go downfield a lot, but the QB can move and they throw a ton of short stuff.

27 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

If anyone thinks this upcoming game is a walk in the park because Brady isn't there, or that they're 2-4 are delusional.  My gut tells me they (patriots) have a solid 65% chance or better of winning.  Until the Bills sweep them. or beat them soundly, I am still not sold.

I don't expect an easy win. When do the Bills ever give us a nice easy blowout win. Given the Bills troubles stopping the run you know they will run the ball down their throats until the Bills prove they can stop it. My prediction is 24-17 Bills but it will be a one score game throughout the day. Buffalo might even be trailing for a good portion of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

With or without Brady, the Patriots still stand in the Bills way to a division title.  So I view this as a big game and a critical point in their journey back to being respectable.  Go 6-2 at the halfway point and drop your biggest competition to 2-5.  Anything short of a win is failure to take control of the division and put some hurt on the logo that's been beating you like a drum for almost 2 decades.  Let's not make excuses or minimize the importance of this game.  It time to man-up and play lights out football on Sunday.  Nothing short of maximum effort and focus and preparedness is going to cut it.  Time to slay the beast!  Or punch the bully in the face!  However it can be described.  Get it done right here and right now on Sunday.   

It's not just about winning this game regardless of their history with NE.  Buffalo needs to re-establish an ability to score like what happened in weeks 1-4.  Because averaging 17 points for the last 3 games doesn't exactly promise good things to come.  I'd like to see them ring up about 35 this week. 

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This game is WWII for the Bills.  No more, no less....

You ever participate in a 2 way live-fire?  Enough with the war analogies. 

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Belichick’s legacy is on the line with this game and with the way this season plays out. It is monumental. 

No it's not.  Guy's won more than 300 regular/playoff games, and been either a DC or HC during 8 SB wins.