[Misleading Title] Daddy Issues

Virgil

Well then Virgil , it’s past time to kick daddy’s azs then, isn’t it. Sunday looks like a great opportunity to bloody him up some. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I don't think they struggled to win last week....the Jets had 4yds in the second half.

The Bills marched down the field 9 times into scoring position scoring on 6 of them

They shot themselves in the foot with penalties.

That thread would be titled " Who's Your Daddy"?  ;)

They did struggle in the red zone, and yeah, the defense did play better than they have all year in the second half. But let’s be real here, were gonna be facing better head coaches than Adam Gase and a lot better quarterbacks than Sam Darnold. If that game unleashed the beast in this defense, I’m all for that. But until they consistently play that way, I gotta keep my optimism in check

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Growing up watching movies about boys with abusive fathers, it was interesting to me when the boys grew into men both larger and stronger than their fathers, but still cower before them.  Even in a fight, the mental hold weakened the son.  If fighting a clone of their father, but not in facial resemblance, it wouldn’t be much of a contest.  

Watching the board this week, it feels similar to me in how many regard the Patriots.  The mental beating taken from the Pats has people hyping this game up more than it should be.  Granted, I also believe many of the players feel the same way.  I expect Josh to be locked in out the gate (unless the shoulder is a real thing).  I expect a slight amount of caution and overthinking from the coaches.  I expect a game of grown son versus father.  

If I said we were playing any other 2 win team that had their stats, we wouldn’t be thinking much of them.  I would actually liken them to the Broncos, who I also expect to beat.  

Yes, losing would suck. But moreso because it’s a division game to a 2 win team and we have a hard schedule to the point that we need to win the easy ones.  

Am I nervous for the game?  Yes.  But mainly because we haven’t played great the last 3 weeks.  We can’t afford losses to crap teams.  Another bad week might indicate that the first 4 weeks was the real mirage.  But not because the Pats are a better team.  

We are the better team at almost every single position and should win this game at home.  That’s the fact.  It’s any given Sunday and crazier things have happened.  Losing would be an upset for the Pats.  

Time to punch daddy in the face 

Virgil, I believe you're overthinking this. That is to say, unless you're planning a class-action lawsuit for cruel and unusual punishment.

Remember, Bills fans are chronic complainers. 

Dang, @Virgil.........I thought this was a misplaced thread by a newbie before clicking on it.

And then I see the author. Shocked! BBFS needs a support group in person.

It's going to be OK. This team was not prepared for Tenn, and KC should have been much better if fans were in the stands. 

We're back to 1pm Sunday for two weeks in a row, and things are going to continue to roll. 

Straight Jacket GIFs | Tenor

9 hours ago, Virgil said:

Growing up watching movies about boys with abusive fathers, it was interesting to me when the boys grew into men both larger and stronger than their fathers, but still cower before them.  Even in a fight, the mental hold weakened the son.  If fighting a clone of their father, but not in facial resemblance, it wouldn’t be much of a contest.  

Watching the board this week, it feels similar to me in how many regard the Patriots.  The mental beating taken from the Pats has people hyping this game up more than it should be.  Granted, I also believe many of the players feel the same way.  I expect Josh to be locked in out the gate (unless the shoulder is a real thing).  I expect a slight amount of caution and overthinking from the coaches.  I expect a game of grown son versus father.  

If I said we were playing any other 2 win team that had their stats, we wouldn’t be thinking much of them.  I would actually liken them to the Broncos, who I also expect to beat.  

Yes, losing would suck. But moreso because it’s a division game to a 2 win team and we have a hard schedule to the point that we need to win the easy ones.  

Am I nervous for the game?  Yes.  But mainly because we haven’t played great the last 3 weeks.  We can’t afford losses to crap teams.  Another bad week might indicate that the first 4 weeks was the real mirage.  But not because the Pats are a better team.  

We are the better team at almost every single position and should win this game at home.  That’s the fact.  It’s any given Sunday and crazier things have happened.  Losing would be an upset for the Pats.  

Time to punch daddy in the face 

Eh, I don't like to go for a psychobabble conspiracy when a straightforward explanation will serve.

So far in the chess game of football, it's been Evil Hoodie >>>>>> McDermott and Belicheck seems to pwn Daboll's soul.  Belicheck is still bigger and stronger as a football coach until McDermott proves otherwise.  And I don't think it's "Daddy Issues" holding him back.

I'm not sure we're the better team at almost every single position.  DL and LB in particular come to mind.  If everyone is playing up to their expected potential and we're healthy, yes.  But they haven't been until 2nd half against the Jets, and we aren't.

But mostly, you summed up the board's mental state very nicely:  "mainly because we haven’t played great the last 3 weeks"  We haven't played well the last 3 weeks, and in so doing we have displayed weaknesses (Josh Allen inconsistent patience against zone, still trying to force balls; inability to contain a mobile QB)  that the Pats may be able to exploit.

If we were playing the Patriots in Week 5, I think the mood on the board would be unrealistically euphoric, regardless of "Daddy issues".  If you don't agree, go back and look at some of the threads after week 3 and 4

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

I disagree with the misleading title. I think it’s a very appropriate title that makes us all hesitant and slightly concerned as we click in to see what new 4 dimension analysis has come off the fingers of the mighty @Virgil, only to have our entire world rocked by the realization that he has perfectly summarized our condition with his advanced Psychiatry degree earned at the prestigious Web.MD university. 

A very appropriate post. I’m still scared.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

We played them tough last year both times, our home game lost because of a special teams error, our coaches failed to react to a clever pre snap shift that was clearly going to force DiMarco to block two rushers.  (They pulled in both guys from our gunner who was now completely uncovered) Bojo could have passed it to him and the guy would have ran 50 yards.

Belichick gambles that our punter won't audible to a throw.  No time out called by McD, Slater has a free path to Bojo, blocked kick for a TD, cost us the game.  

We held Brady to less than 50% completion that day, 150 yards and a pick, and shut down the run too.  They only managed 9 points on offense but that special teams play cost us the W.

Outcoached.

I bring this up because I don't think our players have any mental baggage with Belichick, most of them were toddlers when the dynasty was in full swing.  But McD might have some daddy issues there.  He's not a clever coach, more of a motivator and leader, and he knows he's outmatched as a game coach and adjuster vs Old cheatin Bill.

Personally, I hated how we treat week 3 or 4 against NE like it was our SB and they didn’t even view us as rival.  We were their non threatening little brother.  

I wanted Brady to stay there.  I wanted to beat him. This isn’t the same Pats team but still, it would feel great beating them.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Personally, I hated how we treat week 3 or 4 against NE like it was our SB and they didn’t even view us as rival.  We were their non threatening little brother.  

I wanted Brady to stay there.  I wanted to beat him. This isn’t the same Pats team but still, it would feel great beating them.  

I'm sorry, but I can't respect your opinion.  You don't have enough posts to earn it 😋

• Haha (+1) 1