Buffalo playoff probability....

TwistofFate

12 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Need to win Sunday. Don’t see us winning either of the next 2 after NE

i actually like our chances vs seattle.  THey have a terrible defense we can absolutely put up points on them especially if brown is truly healthy

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The Bills are in a sucky division and probably just need to go 4-5 the rest of the way to win the AFC East. 

Miami has an easier schedule and in reality is only  one game behind and we still play them again to end the season, I wouldnt be shocked at all if that game determines who wins the AFC East.

The Pats are in total disarray right now.  Unless we play like total garbage, the Bills should take this one easy.  I think the could go 5-3 in the second half of the season.

They won't be SB contenders, but a division title and a home playoff win would be a huge leap forward.  

15 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The Bills are in a sucky division and probably just need to go 4-5 the rest of the way to win the AFC East. 

Winning the division is important, secures a playoff spot.  However, we want a Home playoff game, and a 1st round bye would be even better.  Losing 5 more games will not get us there. 

23 minutes ago, P Riv said:

The Pats are in total disarray right now.  Unless we play like total garbage, the Bills should take this one easy.  I think the could go 5-3 in the second half of the season.

They won't be SB contenders, but a division title and a home playoff win would be a huge leap forward.  

If as you say the Bills beat the Pats and go 5-3 that would be 11-5 record..at that point i think the Bills would be thinking Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If as you say the Bills beat the Pats and go 5-3 that would be 11-5 record..at that point i think the Bills would be thinking Super Bowl.

That would require beating KC in KC... Nope.  They would probably have to win on the road in Tennessee, Baltimore or Pitt prior to that.  None of that is realistic for this year IMHO.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Miami has an easier schedule and in reality is only  one game behind and we still play them again to end the season, I wouldnt be shocked at all if that game determines who wins the AFC East.

The Dolphins have maybe 3 wins left on their schedule.  They are looking at back to back blowouts from the Rams and Cardinals.  They are a 6 win team. The Bills will have 6 wins after this weekend.  Tua will be lucky if he wins any of their next 4 games.  The Dolphins aren't winning any division with a rookie QB.

Edited by FUTURIST

2 hours ago, mabden said:

Winning the division is important, secures a playoff spot.  However, we want a Home playoff game, and a 1st round bye would be even better.  Losing 5 more games will not get us there. 

As great as that would be only the top seed gets a bye week and the odds of the Bills doing that are very slim.

3 hours ago, mabden said:

Winning the division guarantees a home playoff game.  A 6-10 Division winner would actually get a home game over a 13-3 wild card game.  Weird, but that is how it works.  There is no bye in the Bills future.  Guessing that goes to either the Steelers OR Chiefs.  Only one bye team this year.

I am not sure the playoffs aren't heading to a bubble anyway.  It would be awesome if they played all the playoff games in Florida and allowed fans.  A home playoff game in Buffalo without fans would be awful.

Edited by FUTURIST

4 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Dolphins have maybe 3 wins left on their schedule.  They are looking at back to back blowouts from the Rams and Cardinals.  They are a 6 win team. The Bills will have 6 wins after this weekend.  Tua will be lucky if he wins any of their next 4 games.  The Dolphins aren't winning any division with a rookie QB.

Maybe 3 wins? Maybe?  The play the Broncos Charges and Jets, there is "maybe 3" wins right there.  Then the mighty Bengals.  Then they play the Pats.  That looks like 5 wins they will be favored and who knows what kind of team the Raiders will have by the end of December.

16 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills probably can win the AFC East at 8-8.  It is hard to see the Pats or Dolphins winning more than 7 games.   That is why the Bills are a virtual lock to make the playoffs.

Dolphins feel like a team that is better than 7 wins, but their remaining schedule is brutal.

7 or maybe 8 seems like their ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Maybe 3 wins? Maybe?  The play the Broncos Charges and Jets, there is "maybe 3" wins right there.  Then the mighty Bengals.  Then they play the Pats.  That looks like 5 wins they will be favored and who knows what kind of team the Raiders will have by the end of December.

Yeah, they have 5 games left that are WINNABLE and I am giving them the benefit of the doubt to go 3-2 in those games.  That is 3 wins.  

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Very gracious of you to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I wil take the Dolphins 6 wins and the over all day long this season.

Gracious?  Do you really believe the Dolphins are going to any better than 3-2 against the Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Bengals, and Pats?  I won't be surprised if they go 1-4 in those games.  The Chargers, Broncos, and Pats are all equal talent or better  and the Bengals show up every week.  And they aren't winning any of the other games on their schedule. This love affair with the Dolphins is hilarious.  They are a mediocre to bad team that is now starting a rookie QB.  That is why Vegas has them right now at 6 wins total. FYI they have the Bills at 9 wins, which sounds about right if we are being honest.  6-2 after this weekend and 3-5 in the second half is very plausible, although I think they go 4-4 in the second half and finish 10-6.

Edited by FUTURIST
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Gracious?  Do you really believe the Dolphins are going to any better than 3-2 against the Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Bengals, and Pats?  I won't be surprised if they go 1-4 in those games.  The Chargers, Broncos, and Pats are all equal talent or better  and the Bengals show up every week.  And they aren't winning any of the other games on their schedule. This love affair with the Dolphins is hilarious.  They are a mediocre to bad team that is now starting a rookie QB.  That is why Vegas has them right now at 6 wins total.

i already said i would take the Dolphins and the over on 6 wins and no I have no love affair with the Dolphins but if that makes you feel better to denigrate me so be it.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

19 hours ago, WMDman said:

This week will say a lot about our playoff hopes 

This!

4-0 in the division and 6-2 goes a long way, especially with the 7th seed this year. 

Random thought, wasn’t there a team (Raiders maybe?) around 2010 that went 6-10 on the year but won all of their division games?