Sign in to follow this  
Gene1973

Josh's Jaqs

So, Allen has been on many talk shows today promoting his cereal. He mentioned growing up he was into sugary cereals, and that Apple Jacks was his favorite. Mine was Count Chocula (the original kind not the new stuff they ruined it), however I did like me some Apple Jacks.

Has anyone bought any Josh's Jaqs, and are they any good? It seems most of these promotional cereals taste like the cheapo knock-off's that come in the big plastic bags as opposed to the top tier brand name cereals in proper boxes.

I'm also a bit leery of the deep blue color of the cereal, blue cereal has a tendency to give you a bit of a surprise coming out the other end...

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Gene1973 said:

So, Allen has been on many talk shows today promoting his cereal. He mentioned growing up he was into sugary cereals, and that Apple Jacks was his favorite. Mine was Count Chocula (the original kind not the new stuff they ruined it), however I did like me some Apple Jacks.

Has anyone bought any Josh's Jaqs, and are they any good? It seems most of these promotional cereals taste like the cheapo knock-off's that come in the big plastic bags as opposed to the top tier brand name cereals in proper boxes.

I'm also a bit leery of the deep blue color of the cereal, blue cereal has a tendency to give you a bit of a surprise coming out the other end...

Green poop, dude.  Stay far, far away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

If I’m in the area, I’ll buy them just because it donates to Oshei children’s hospital. But i don’t eat that kind of cereal. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah, when I was a kid I called that Boo Berry syndrome...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have an unopened box for collecting purposes 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I’m in the area, I’ll buy them just because it donates to Oshei children’s hospital. But i don’t eat that kind of cereal. 

You'd be better off just donating a few bucks to Oishei's than buying this crap that donates pennies on the dollar. 

Edited by without a drought
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

I bought two boxes for my oldest...shipped to ATL. 

I bought two boxes for myself and my daughter opened one and had some and they haven’t been touched since. I won’t eat that garbage. She said she liked them, though. 

I went back to Wegmans and bought two more boxes just to ensure I have some around as I keep a box out at game time and write if we won or loss and Josh’s stats each week. 😃 

For me, it’s about two things: supporting an important cause and rooting for Josh...thus the Bills. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 3

My son wanted some so we bought a box...tastes exactly like fruit loops, just blue and red

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, without a drought said:

You'd be better off just donating a few bucks to Oieshei's than buying this crap 

I was going to eat a whole box before the Pats game to send Allen some good luck. I still eat cereal as a grown man once in a while, but not the sugary stuff if I can help it.

3 minutes ago, without a drought said:

You'd be better off just donating a few bucks to Oishei's than buying this crap that donates pennies on the dollar. 

I’ll do both 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

My son wanted some so we bought a box...tastes exactly like fruit loops, just blue and red

Good to know, Fruit Loops are one of the cereals they haven't ruined!

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Like Mountain Dew Pitch Black green?

Personally, I’m holding out for Josh’s Nuts.

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You want to hear something funny?  The University of Wyoming Bookstore is selling them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I liked Frankenberry as a kid. Very sugary.

If I eat cereal at all now (age 63), it's Life (regular, not cinnamon)

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

You want to hear something funny?  The University of Wyoming Bookstore is selling them.

Wait serioursly?

Now a regular part of my gameday routine!  Available at all Wegmans, even here in Richmond, VA

Josh-Allen-cereal-box3.jpg.b4304fd6463fd7e01e6c01057f0e198f.jpg

• Like (+1) 3