Is the Bill's Mafia, etc., full of complainers?

Michael1962

On 10/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think our fans are just passionate.  I try to avoid TBD the day after losses due to the overwhelming negativity and overreaction.  Conversely, the day after a big win it’s like we won the Super Bowl.  

I’ve seen the contrast of this living in Charlotte.  When the Panthers are good there’s some excitement.  When they’re bad it’s almost as if they don’t exist.

I’ll take our crazy, bipolar fans every day of the week.

Well written

👍 

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills fans are less demanding than most fanbases and the local media is easier on the Bills than they would be in larger markets.

We get to 4-0 here and we have fans who are so in shock by the success...... after decades of making excuses for the teams failure........that they have no idea how to handle it.

Yeah, real tough crowd.:rolleyes:

We have a very vocal minority of fans here though who complain incessantly about Bills fans being too negative.......it's very heavy on former WNY'ers.

It's pretty weird but I think there is flight guilt and they think that being aggressively defensive of the Bills and Sabres business decisions positions them inside the community more than they would be if they were just that guy who left for perceived greener pastures and still watches the team from afar.   

It's a minority but they are vocal and that angst is misdirected at a fanbase that really has been very forgiving and supportive in the absence of much success from the local pro sports businesses.

Yea- based on the track record, complaining about the team is low and complaints about any critical commentary is much higher than expected. In addition to the flight guilt you mention, there’s also definitely a bit of an inferiority fear where any negativity towards buffalo is a much bigger deal than it needs to be.