Is the Bill's Mafia, etc., full of complainers?

Michael1962

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the funny thing:  The Steelers fans in Pgh complain WAY more than Bills fans.  Both Tomlin and Ben suck, FYI.  It’s unreal. 

Patriots fans that I know have been complaining that their team has no chance for the last 15 years.  I'm like "Dang, Man, Put a Sock In It."

12 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

Fans yes, I've seen a few cheeky pleas from Josh but no more than any other QB. Not too sure about McDermott.

On the one hand, Refs definitely let players get away with crap against Josh that they'd throw laundry for on almost anyone else.

On the other hand, when you grab one guy by the helmet and use him to deflect a second defender before wrestling him to the ground and stiff arming Aaron Donald, and when you're willing to stiff-arm guys and take them to the ground when you run - it's kind of hard to argue with the refs letting them play.

The one thing that I hate to see is when they let guys get away with the face mask or the head shot on Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

The link says Cowboys are number one and Patriots are number two. Then Bills at three.

I don't get them saying that Josh Allen complains, or even Cam Newton. Newton sulks on the sidelines but I don't see him actively complain. Tom Brady is the biggest complainer in the league, so they are right about that.

Then they say Harbaugh, McDermott, and Belichick complain the most as coaches? That's just strange. Do they interpret clapping as complaining? And Belichick just stands there like a Sith warlord.

Edited by MJS

1 hour ago, BuffaloBobs said:

Absolutely -- we're 5-2 leading the division by three games and you would think we've yet to win a game with the way some of the more vocal folks here and on social media complain.

it’s funny - if you transported August 2020 me to the first page of TSW today and told me to read through the thread titles the guess the Bills record, I’d probably guess we were 3-4.

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

it’s funny - if you transported August 2020 me to the first page of TSW today and told me to read through the thread titles the guess the Bills record, I’d probably guess we were 3-4.

It's sad -- we've won more the last three years than any time in my adult life and people want to go back to square one.

I'd say its true and its not exactly something new either.  During the SB years we had a strong sense of entitlement, no doubt.  If the Bills won, no problemo... If they lost, the whole fan base was in denial, blaming refs, play calling, etc. and denying the other team any credit whatsoever.  Then, when NE started winning and our fortunes totally changed it turned into the jealousy thing and denying them any credit.  We have better fans, truer fans, we don't support a cheater, Brady is an overrated system QB, etc.

You could write a grad level paper on this, but ultimately is true, at least in my 30 yr experience of observing it.  Meh... We're winning again, so who cares!  lol

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This article is interesting in that the Bills fanbase, quarterback (Allen) and HC (McDermott) all ranked No. 3 in their respective groups for complaining.

Yeah, it seems like  some kind of anti-Buffalo sentiment.  I don't have a lot of experience with other fanbases but I think we complain about average.  Which is what I also think about Allen and McD.  Their complaining doesn't stand out in any way. 

The top three finishes in all three categories strikes me as odd and makes me wonder about the methodology of the poll.   They say they surveyed 5,000 fans across the country.  Were most of them fans of our AFCE rivals?   Something just doesn't smell right.  

23 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, if so moderators please merge or delete.  I found this article (posted below) and while having been on GDTs several times I see some major complaining I don't see it with the coaching and/or JA.  Maybe I am missing something? https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-mafia-ranks-among-fan-bases-who-complain-the-most-in-the-nfl-according-to-nationwide-poll

Yes I would say so.  At least the fans who are most vocal on social media.  Bills fans are more extremists than anything and somewhat out of touch with reality.  They think of think is absolutes so when the team is playing well they are Super Bowl bound and when they are struggling it’s a given they’ll lose out the rest of the season.  

They also are very big on scapegoating.  Offense.  Defense. QB. Coach.  Offensive Coordinator.  It’s always one person or one unit’s fault and never a combination of different factors.   Of course, some members are untouchable like Josh Allen or McDermott to a lesser extent.

I think the drought did some major damage on the fanbase.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:53 PM, Michael1962 said:

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, if so moderators please merge or delete.  I found this article (posted below) and while having been on GDTs several times I see some major complaining I don't see it with the coaching and/or JA.  Maybe I am missing something? https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-mafia-ranks-among-fan-bases-who-complain-the-most-in-the-nfl-according-to-nationwide-poll

Yes. Absolutely.

Bills fans are less demanding than most fanbases and the local media is easier on the Bills than they would be in larger markets.

We get to 4-0 here and we have fans who are so in shock by the success...... after decades of making excuses for the teams failure........that they have no idea how to handle it.

Yeah, real tough crowd.:rolleyes:

We have a very vocal minority of fans here though who complain incessantly about Bills fans being too negative.......it's very heavy on former WNY'ers.

It's pretty weird but I think there is flight guilt and they think that being aggressively defensive of the Bills and Sabres business decisions positions them inside the community more than they would be if they were just that guy who left for perceived greener pastures and still watches the team from afar.   

It's a minority but they are vocal and that angst is misdirected at a fanbase that really has been very forgiving and supportive in the absence of much success from the local pro sports businesses.

• Like (+1) 1

Never realized how many complainers the Bills Mafia had until i started here a Bills fan will complain about every thing from anything thing to do with the team to english punctuation 🤔 some are worst than some women i know .