Is the Bill's Mafia, etc., full of complainers?

Michael1962

36 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Yes, I get the Mafia has a large percentage of whiners.  But JA and the coaching?  Is it based on complaints to refs?

I think Allen "complains" a lot to the refs after he gets hit when sliding or "roughed" (and by complaining, he usually looks at them and puts his hands up (aside from the personal foul against the Rams for yelling at the refs lol)).  Seems he might not get some calls because of his size maybe (big strapping lad and maybe a thought from the refs of "hey, if you're going to run, that's what happens").  Not sure.  I remember there was that time a few years back where Ed Biceps said to Cam Newton something to the effect of "you're not old enough to get that call" (obviously, not size related, but still a weird, biased view from a ref).

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think our fans are just passionate.  I try to avoid TBD the day after losses due to the overwhelming negativity and overreaction.  Conversely, the day after a big win it’s like we won the Super Bowl.  

I’ve seen the contrast of this living in Charlotte.  When the Panthers are good there’s some excitement.  When they’re bad it’s almost as if they don’t exist.

I’ll take our crazy, bipolar fans every day of the week.

similar to ATL .....which is much more of a college football town anyways

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I think Allen "complains" a lot to the refs after he gets hit when sliding or "roughed" (and by complaining, he usually looks at them and puts his hands up (aside from the personal foul against the Rams for yelling at the refs lol)).  Seems he might not get some calls because of his size maybe (big strapping lad and maybe a thought from the refs of "hey, if you're going to run, that's what happens").  Not sure.  I remember there was that time a few years back where Ed Biceps said to Cam Newton something to the effect of "you're not old enough to get that call" (obviously, not size related, but still a weird, biased view from a ref).

great name....his son is now an NFL ref but his guns can't compare to Ed Biceps ....

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
additional comment
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, if so moderators please merge or delete.  I found this article (posted below) and while having been on GDTs several times I see some major complaining I don't see it with the coaching and/or JA.  Maybe I am missing something? https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-mafia-ranks-among-fan-bases-who-complain-the-most-in-the-nfl-according-to-nationwide-poll

This board might make you think that at times.  The media just doesn't see to care for Buffalo.  It is a big enough city for them.  Bill's Mafia is probably the most loyal fan base.

8 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Yup, the biggest complainers I've ever met.

Complaining is an art form in Upstate NY.

Let's go Buffalo!

Nothing is ever good enough or it is not happening fast enough.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

This board might make you think that at times.  The media just doesn't see to care for Buffalo.  It is a big enough city for them.  Bill's Mafia is probably the most loyal fan base.

Nothing is ever good enough or it is not happening fast enough.

I know!  It's only been 25 years since we've won a single playoff game! 

Rome wasn't built in a day! 

nah, the fan base is cool.   they ID with team just like a college town.  kinda cool really.  when its good, its really good.  the "process" drives people nuts, but building a long term program is what college HCs try to do, so it all fits.  be good every year, get a little better every year... "build the program" is what McBeanes are doing.  no going after shiny objects... you can see them hanging onto next years draft picks, they want them all .. I think it is great.  build the program, keep building, and the wins will take care of themselves... go bills

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Is this a rhetorical question?

yes in that I wanted to start a conversation about this topic.  Again, while I can see the validity of complaints against the Bill's Mafia I don't see it with JA or the coaching staff (which the article does) so maybe I am missing something.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe his inability to swear cancels it out?

Well, Phil is a special sort, kinda phobic about many things... 

2 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, if so moderators please merge or delete.  I found this article (posted below) and while having been on GDTs several times I see some major complaining I don't see it with the coaching and/or JA.  Maybe I am missing something? https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-mafia-ranks-among-fan-bases-who-complain-the-most-in-the-nfl-according-to-nationwide-poll

LOL based upon what OTHER FANS think of Josh Allen and Sean McDermott?

With rare exceptions, OTHER FANS never freakin' watch our games.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

So Allen complains the 3rd most?, where exactly? On the field during games, social media? 

Check the link given in the OP's link.

In the minds of the random fans they polled (or who self selected themselves to respond, that part not entirely clear.

13 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

yes in that I wanted to start a conversation about this topic.  Again, while I can see the validity of complaints against the Bill's Mafia I don't see it with JA or the coaching staff (which the article does) so maybe I am missing something.

Yes, missing the fact that it's just a poll of fan perceptions

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL based upon what OTHER FANS think of Josh Allen and Sean McDermott?

With rare exceptions, OTHER FANS never freakin' watch our games.

Check the link given in the OP's link.

In the minds of the random fans they polled (or who self selected themselves to respond, that part not entirely clear.

Yes, missing the fact that it's just a poll of fan perceptions

yeah, not exactly a rocket science.

3 hours ago, Michael1962 said:

I remember the one time this season when JA said something to a ref that drew a flag.  In general though I thought that he and McD ignored them.

I recall this too and I have a big complaint about it!  For 15 years I had to watch the Bills play Brady twice a year while he worked over and barked at the officials when he didn't get a call multiple times times during the games and not one single time did he ever draw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct for abuse of an official.  Allen gets horse-collared from behind (they said in the pocket is not a penalty), voices his dissatisfaction with the official over a non-call and gets flagged 15 for bringing it to his attention.  I don't want to hear you got to earn those calls, abuse is abuse. The truth is the officials are too afraid to flag the GOAT and do their job.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Yup, the biggest complainers I've ever met.

Complaining is an art form in Upstate NY.

Let's go Buffalo!

the funny thing:  The Steelers fans in Pgh complain WAY more than Bills fans.  Both Tomlin and Ben suck, FYI.  It’s unreal. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Haha (+1) 1