Is the Bill's Mafia, etc., full of complainers?

Michael1962

I didn't see this posted elsewhere, if so moderators please merge or delete.  I found this article (posted below) and while having been on GDTs several times I see some major complaining I don't see it with the coaching and/or JA.  Maybe I am missing something? https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-mafia-ranks-among-fan-bases-who-complain-the-most-in-the-nfl-according-to-nationwide-poll

I think our fans are just passionate.  I try to avoid TBD the day after losses due to the overwhelming negativity and overreaction.  Conversely, the day after a big win it’s like we won the Super Bowl.  

I’ve seen the contrast of this living in Charlotte.  When the Panthers are good there’s some excitement.  When they’re bad it’s almost as if they don’t exist.

I’ll take our crazy, bipolar fans every day of the week.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Yes, I get the Mafia has a large percentage of whiners.  But JA and the coaching?  Is it based on complaints to refs?

Okay yeah that makes little sense to me. McDermott especially has gone out of his way not to complain about stupid ref calls.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Would not shock me, this board sure has its share 

the bit about Josh being a complainer I guess surprises me a bit

Our fan base is full of chronic complainers... this board highlights that. 

McDermott doesn’t complain so that seems odd. 

Josh doesn’t complain in the traditional sense, but when he gets hit he often asks for flags. Not in the obnoxious was Brady does where he stands in a referees huddle... but he will often point and gesture... so I can see it. I wouldn’t label him as a complainer though, not while knowing his story to get to the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this was a survey result , probably not very scientific, maybe even amongst a unrandomn fan base 

Yep went to the link in the article.

The former New England Patriot and current Tampa Bay Buccaneer was ranked as the worst quarterback in the NFL when it comes to complaining, according to fans.

I think Josh caught some "Bills fans defending him a lot" bias from people. Still don't really get McDermott.

The complaints about officiating and the idea they favor certain teams is intolerable around here.

The other thing that is annoying is when the complainers get basic facts wrong, either about rules or stats. It's not like it is hard to look something up before you post. 

That said the Bills played the Patriots with Brady for twice a year and most of the NFL complains about the Patriots so Bills fans have twice the opportunity of most of the rest of the league.

• Like (+1) 1