Fantasy player loses $1MM prize after stat correction

Yeah read this earlier...what a heartbreaker. No way I would have told family and friends immediately after. All fantasy folks know stat corrections happen.

In 2014 I won a championship off a stat correction. They guy who thought he beat me talked all sorta smack in the group thread. Gotta be patient when scores are close!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Did he still get $100K or so for second?

I think 4 or 5 people ended up tying for first and he dropped to like 6th place tied with a bunch others so he walked away with a little over 3k. 

tenor.gif

Edited by StHustle

I feel like he has a gripe. Some subjective interpretation of what is and isn’t a sack is a sucky way to lose that. A sack should be anytime the QB is tackled behind the line of scrimmage. 

11 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

While reading that twitter feed came across this ward Gem = Amazing PLAY!

Can't say I've ever seen this one before.

I saw that and almost made a thread about it.... insane. So cool.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm thankful it didn't happen to me, because i wouldn't be able to handle it. I was in the running for $100k on Draftkings this weekend & ended up with $3k. Not bad for a $3 contest. But I was still hoping for more obviously haha. Ive only played on DK for a few weeks & only play 1 or 2 small contests a week. The contests this guy played, people submit like 30-40 entries & often have a program compute & enter their lineups for them. I think the article even said he submitted 43 lineups this week.

I'd feel more bad for the person who just played 1 contest versus people like him that play 40, 50, 100 contests. Theyre like the poker shark equivalents of Fantasy Football.

Just glad it wasnt me (because it would happen to me) with my luck haha

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Yeah read this earlier...what a heartbreaker. No way I would have told family and friends immediately after. All fantasy folks know stat corrections happen.

In 2014 I won a championship off a stat correction. They guy who thought he beat me talked all sorta smack in the group thread. Gotta be patient when scores are close!

I lost a championship due to a stat correction

I was furious!