The barbarians are attacking. Rome may fall.

5 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

History could repeat itself. The barbarians are at the gate rioting and fomenting their hatred towards this great republic.

I don't worry about them.  I am more concerned about the elected seditionists in the halls of Congress.  Also, the paid agitators who frequent this board as well as the unpaid useful idiots who ask us to ignore our own good senses.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterRob said:

FIFY.  I only hope you that live long enough to harvest the "fruits" of your labor.  I have a feeling that they will not be sweet.

I'm glad that people like you who are so easily swayed by bad people are going to be swept aside. You don't deserve to have your "leaders" in charge. You make bad choices 

Good bye 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

I'm glad that people like you who are so easily swayed by bad people are going to be swept aside. You don't deserve to have your "leaders" in charge. You make bad choices 

Good bye 

Don't make a promise that you won't keep.  See ya in a few minutes no doubt you barbarian you.  

26 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

And the great ***** will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more.

And that retort used to work great when there was a political party in American -- just for fun, let's call it the "Republican Party" -- that actually believed in limiting the size of government and reigning in the public debt. Now it's just a battle as to which party can give away how much to its own constituency. Just one recent plan of dubious legality:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/22/us/politics/trump-prescription-drugs.html

Or maybe this one:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/14/donald-trump-coronavirus-farmer-bailouts-359932

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good bye 

One request:  just keep the gruel "honest".

58 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

History could repeat itself. The barbarians are at the gate rioting and fomenting their hatred towards this great republic.

Weird thing is, the only cities they are destroying are their own.

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't worry about them.  I am more concerned about the elected seditionists in the halls of Congress.  Also, the paid agitators who frequent this board as well as the unpaid useful idiots who ask us to ignore our own good senses.

Lol. Is everyone in Rochester at batshit crazy as you?

• Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Riots and destruction are peaceful participation and looting is self entitlement.

Vote Joe or else you'll get more of this.

...naw, they looted Dollar General for masks to be Covid compliant.....TV's are to keep up with any new CDC requirements.....they're well intended......

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:

I kinda consider myself an expert on how Rome fell. Our parallels are shockingly similar. 

Can you please share what you think the parallels are?   I'm in my mid 50's, and people have been talking about this for my entire life, but I struggle to see what the parallels are.  There are no hordes of Visigoths at our borders and we don't drink from lead pipes.  Also we have a pretty good system of government which ensures a peaceful transfer of power every four or eight years. 

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I guess that I would be bothered by what you said if I thought you had any brains.  I'm not bothered by you so what does that say about you?

When you make comments like you did, I take everything you say about brains with a massive grain of salt.